Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ICTNUT

Edu Supporters
  • Posts

    1,433
  • Joined

Everything posted by ICTNUT

  1. Guys thanks for you input so far it has been much apreciated. I have removed all instances of postgresql (7.4 & 8.3) rebooted the server, re-installed 7.4, re-ran the pksetup said NO to downloading updates, created the database with no errors. I have 2 printers setup in CUPS one pykota managed and one CUPS manged they now BOTH work I can access the printers via windows and add the to the XP & Vista PC's and can print to them. Just have to sort quotas now. Many Many Thanks again.
  2. Webmin reports both 7.4 & 8.2 being installed but cannot start. Me thinks something has gone all skewed. I have tried starting them from the command line but no error is reported?
  3. Things are not getting any easier...... Seems that CUPS, SAMBA, PYKOTA are all working ok but if I try to do the following: pkprinters -a -c 0.01 6050_RM74_51.214 I get: ERROR: Error: could not connect to server: No such file or directory ERROR: Is the server running locally and accepting ERROR: connections on Unix domain socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"? ERROR: --- the most probable cause of your problem is that PostgreSQL is down, or doesn't accept incoming connections because you didn't configure it as explained in PyKota's documentation. I followed everything that was displayed as part of the auto setup (basiclly [y] to everything) but no go. any ideas... I am starting to regret this....
  4. This did not work: 4428-prtsvr:~# chown -R ozanpakyuz:"domain admins" /etc/samba/drivers/ chown: `ozanpakyuz:domain admins': invalid group But this did: 4428-prtsvr:~# chown -R ozanpakyuz:"jkhsadmins" /etc/samba/drivers/ Does not seem to like the domain admins group???
  5. I get the following: 4428-prtsvr:~# wbinfo -g BUILTIN administrators BUILTIN users domain users teachers domain guests domain computers group policy creator owners cert publishers domain admins domain controllers _web applications exchange domain servers dnsupdateproxy _web anonymous users students jkhsadmins reports alcusers 2005_intake 2004_intake 2003_intake 2002_intake 2001_intake smt banned_internet alcstaff 2006_intake moodlecreators ict_reset_passwords ras and ias servers exchange enterprise servers dhcp users dhcp administrators netopactivity dnsadmins wins users debugger users telnetclients iis_wpg sqlserver2005mssqluser$jkhs-dc1$microsoft##ssee sqlserver2005msfteuser$jkhs-dc1$microsoft##ssee wsus reporters wsus administrators certsvc_dcom_access enterprise admins schema admins all staff resources 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 mathsgroup orangeteam Which is really wierd as domain admins is in there
  6. Nope, I get the same thing, just returns an empty line
  7. Ok as you can see the following works: 4428-prtsvr:~# getent passwd | grep ozanpakyuz JKHS-PD\ozanpakyuz:*:11763:10002:OzanPakyuz:/home/JKHS-PD/ozanpakyuz:/bin/false ozanpakyuz:x:1000:1000:Ozan Pakyuz,,,:/home/ozanpakyuz:/bin/bash but this does not: 4428-prtsvr:~# getent group | grep "Domain Admins" 4428-prtsvr:~# So i guess soemthing is still missing somewhere. I copied you nsswitch.conf file as you posted it and we have moved foreward and it look like it is able to see users just not groups
  8. @Ric_: i did see a mention somewhere about NTP, I can gaurantee this has not yet been setup but I guess it should be, any pointers?? @Geoff: Yes see below: # /etc/nsswitch.conf # # Example configuration of GNU Name Service Switch functionality. # If you have the `glibc-doc-reference' and `info' packages installed, try: # `info libc "Name Service Switch"' for information about this file. passwd: files winbind group: files winbind shadow: files winbind hosts: files dns networks: files protocols: db files services: db files ethers: db files rpc: db files netgroup: nis
  9. Dont forget MyLittleHelpdesk if your looking for a free easy to use windows based helpdesk, very feature rich and driven by the guys on this very forum. The demo can be found @ http://www.mylittlehelpdesk.co.uk/demo There is a very big thread on the forum here -> http://www.edugeek.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9198
  10. know any resellers I could do with one !!! ;-)
  11. @Geoff, it a hardware applicance (sonicwall pro3060 w/enhamnced OS) but I have not had much time to play with it so I am not sure if the full reporting is setup yet. I think PRTG should solve the problem in the immeadiate but yes I agree cacti is the way forward. You know what it;s like with all the best will inthe world it's just finding time to get them installed and configured.
  12. Hi All, Seeme to having momentary slowdowns on internet traffic and need to figure out if this is due to internal applications using heavy bandwidth. I need something that con monitor internet traffic at the perimiter, incoming and outgoing and be able to plot over the course of 7 days. Any ideas..... I know about cacti and will be installing this over the easter I just need somthing that I can get in quick
  13. OK after a great deal of effort ubuntu is out the window. I have installed debian etch (4.0 r3) and have got most of the way with no errors at all, however, I am not at the bit where we change some permissions: # chown -R administrator:"domain admins" /etc/samba/drivers/ and i get: chown: `administrator:domain admins': invalid user I have tried variations of domain admin accounts / groups non of which work, any ideas anyone??.....
  14. OK here goes, I have ubuntu 7.10 instaled and working, I have cups installed and working (have added two printer thus far and done test prints to them OK), I have pykota installed. When doing that last section on the CUPS config: chown -R administrator:"domain admins" /etc/samba/drivers/ I get the following return ed back: chown: `administrator:domain admins': invalid user on the next line: cupsaddsmb -H servername -U administrator -a I assume that servername is replaced with the name of my print server?? Onto the Pykota config, where it says add a printer via the CUPS interface I can do this but the is nowhere to select the type of "Pykota Managed" Any ideas?....
  15. Yeah I had a brain wave and decided to check support and found that our Canon iR range of copiers is not supported. I have installed ubuntu 7.10 and has worked of the bat, to say that I have CUPS up and running now going for PYKOTA. Will update you as I go....
  16. installing Etch now.....
  17. Geoff, installed as suggested and got the following: root@4428-prtsvr:/pysnmp-2.0.9# python setup.py install running install running build running build_py creating build creating build/lib creating build/lib/pysnmp copying pysnmp/asn1.py -> build/lib/pysnmp copying pysnmp/asynrole.py -> build/lib/pysnmp copying pysnmp/bulkrole.py -> build/lib/pysnmp copying pysnmp/error.py -> build/lib/pysnmp copying pysnmp/role.py -> build/lib/pysnmp copying pysnmp/v1.py -> build/lib/pysnmp copying pysnmp/v2c.py -> build/lib/pysnmp copying pysnmp/__init__.py -> build/lib/pysnmp running install_lib creating /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp copying build/lib/pysnmp/asn1.py -> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp copying build/lib/pysnmp/asynrole.py -> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp copying build/lib/pysnmp/bulkrole.py -> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp copying build/lib/pysnmp/error.py -> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp copying build/lib/pysnmp/role.py -> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp copying build/lib/pysnmp/v1.py -> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp copying build/lib/pysnmp/v2c.py -> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp copying build/lib/pysnmp/__init__.py -> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp byte-compiling /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp/asn1.py to asn1.pyc byte-compiling /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp/asynrole.py to asynrole.pyc byte-compiling /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp/bulkrole.py to bulkrole.pyc byte-compiling /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp/error.py to error.pyc byte-compiling /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp/role.py to role.pyc byte-compiling /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp/v1.py to v1.pyc byte-compiling /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp/v2c.py to v2c.pyc byte-compiling /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp/__init__.py to __init__.pyc Then tried to install pykota agin and got: root@4428-prtsvr:/# dpkg -i pykota_1.26_official_ubuntu_all.deb Selecting previously deselected package pykota. (Reading database ... 43431 files and directories currently installed.) Unpacking pykota (from pykota_1.26_official_ubuntu_all.deb) ... dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of pykota: pykota depends on python-pysnmp4; however: Package python-pysnmp4 is not installed. dpkg: error processing pykota (--install): dependency problems - leaving unconfigured Errors were encountered while processing: pykota Any sugesstions? What if I rebuild the server with 7.0x instead of 6.06 would that help??
  18. Geoff any pointers on doing this??
  19. @Ric_: CUPS is running, wbinfo -u returns loads of users, net ads status produces the following: root@4428-prtsvr:~# net ads status root's password: [2008/03/12 07:35:31, 0] libads/kerberos.c:ads_kinit_password(164) kerberos_kinit_password [email protected] failed: Client not found in Kerberos database [2008/03/12 07:35:31, 0] utils/net_ads.c:ads_startup(191) ads_connect: Client not found in Kerberos database @Geoff: I am using https I have also decided to forge ahead and install pykota and have resolved all the dependancy issues apart from the following: root@4428-prtsvr:/# dpkg -i pykota_1.26_official_ubuntu_all.deb Selecting previously deselected package pykota. (Reading database ... 40842 files and directories currently installed.) Unpacking pykota (from pykota_1.26_official_ubuntu_all.deb) ... dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of pykota: pykota depends on python-pysnmp4; however: Package python-pysnmp4 is not installed. dpkg: error processing pykota (--install): dependency problems - leaving unconfigured Errors were encountered while processing: pykota No matter what I try to do I cannot get this package installed (python-pysnmp4) if i do: apt-get install python-pysnmp4 I get the following: root@4428-prtsvr:/# apt-get install python-pysnmp4 Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done Package python-pysnmp4 is not available, but is referred to by another package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source E: Package python-pysnmp4 has no installation candidate HELP !!!!!
  20. Right have been working through this and have got the the point where cups is installed and configured but when I try to access https://:631 i get the following: While trying to retrieve the URL: 192.168.49.16:631 The following error was encountered: Connection to 192.168.49.16 Failed The system returned: (111) Connection refused Although I can access the webmin frontend withour issue. Next when I try to browse via windows to the print server I get prompted for username and password what gives?? Don't really want to install/configure anymore untill i have this bit sorted, any help anyone ??......
  21. I am using Vista Ultimate -> goes off to try XP Pro SP2
  22. Heres my log: 07-Mar-2008 13:19:56 org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log warning WARNING: Exception in Login: XMPPError connecting to edugeek.net:443.: remote-server-error(502) XMPPError connecting to edugeek.net:443. -- caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.connectUsingConfiguration(XMPPConnection.java:830) at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.connect(XMPPConnection.java:1276) at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel.login(LoginDialog.java:822) at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel.access$400(LoginDialog.java:196) at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel$1.construct(LoginDialog.java:594) at org.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:129) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Nested Exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source) at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source) at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source) at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source) at java.net.Socket.(Unknown Source) at java.net.Socket.(Unknown Source) at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.connectUsingConfiguration(XMPPConnection.java:815) at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.connect(XMPPConnection.java:1276) at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel.login(LoginDialog.java:822) at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel.access$400(LoginDialog.java:196) at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel$1.construct(LoginDialog.java:594) at org.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:129) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) edugeek.net resolves as 88.208.233.228 for me.
  23. Same here no filtering in place, and have bypass rules in place under ISA 2006
  24. Russ, it all depends on the type of scripts you are wanting to test. If the scripts require file system access, i.e. create files or folers then most free hosts don't allow this. You could setup IIS on windows XP pro and test with that but it depends on if you are doing this at home or work and numbers of testing.
×
×
  • Create New...