Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

simonw

Members
  • Posts

    685
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by simonw

  1. We have a Stage Systems modular flat stage looking for a new home. It comprises of 21 sections measuring 600 mm x 600 mm on legs of 500 mm. There are also 3 step sections. No specific price, but a donation to school funds would be appreciated. Many thanks Simon
  2. we only have 2 clevertouch, the staff aren't using Lynx for creating files, they are just converting Notebook files. I can't offer any advice on that one, sorry.
  3. Went for SMART in one school. Reasons - HT wanted them, they are white and the Notebook software. Went for Clevertouch in another school. Love the Snowflake software. Lynx is easy to use but we found some limitations on conversions of Notebook file formatting. Not for the technophobic teaching staff though. You would not believe the pain involved!
  4. That's fantastic. Thank you very much
  5. Teachers here have had this too. It would be helpful if a resolution could be posted. Many thanks
  6. May have got the wrong end of the stick, but in 'Restrictions' could you set a password and turn off permission to 'delete apps'.
  7. Under the old system, where parents had to request leave during term-time, is IMO the better way to handle things. My experience:- Several years ago, when my two were at primary, we wrote requesting term-time leave in order to go to the US. My brother in law lives in Pittsburgh, running his own successful business, married with three children, one of which is severely disabled, so much so that, at the time, his life-expectancy was only months. The cousins had never met and as things for the family could get worse at any minute, we decided to visit. Our request was sent to the Governors who took their own sweet time to reach a decision. It was a painful wait, but we had decided that whatever the decision we were going and we would take the consequences. At the time I worked for an airline, so got discounted tickets all booked. The school granted the leave on the condition that the children kept a journal of their visit and bring back photo's (evidence I like to call it!) of our legit visit. I think any decision should be looked at on a case by case basis, taking into account the child's performance and attendance. In this instance I knew my kids were doing well at school, but I don't think I would take them out for a 'normal' holiday.
  8. Hi I have 7 x SMARTBoards available to collect. Sorry I can't give a model number, they have no stickers on them, I'm guessing they are 600 series models. Screen dimensions are 46" x 62": Diagonal is 77" Frame dimensions are 49" x 65" Also available are trays and pens. Any questions, please ask. Any takers? Cheers Simon
  9. You could look at LearnPads, they are Android and managed quite easily through the dedicated portal.
  10. VeryPC at the stand now??
  11. and who else do you have with you Little Miss
  12. Net-Ctrl comp entry - check e ticket(s) printed - check train ticket booked - check bag for freebies - check comfy shoes - check appetite for EduGeek Pizza - check I think I'm ready for tomorrow....
  13. simonw

    Diesel Cars

    Is the car fitted with a DPF? I've heard that once these little beauties get blocked up it could be expensive to repair/replace.
  14. sorry, my bad.
  15. And there's the congestion charge - if you go through the centre of London.
  16. Done mine. See you Thursday!
  17. Thank you all. Case closed!
  18. Hi All I hope some of you lovely people can give me some advice. My HT has asked me to "put music on the laptops for children to listen to while working". Now, my immediate thought was to make itunes available (the school has an apple account), with a selected amount of music. But has anyone any other ideas? I've yet to check out the specific requirements with the head, but I'm expecting her to give me a list of titles they want included. I could add some of my own eclectic collection (he,he,he) Cheers (Mods, please move this if in the wrong place)
  19. Are any of mine wrong so far Dave?
  20. some more .... 24) too big to ignore 26) Eye to eye 27) Long range 29) banjo 35) Good influence 37) Neon light 40) microscope 42) tenant 46) First aid 47) Forgotten heroes 48) lemons 50) Forgive and forget
  21. I have so far: 1) To a point 2) Two funny for words 8) Equally important 10) Lemonade 12) adder 13) Dancing in the rain 14) White elephant 15) Be inspired 16) advice 20) I’m smaller then you 22) 2nd glance Its a slow day
  22. 22) 2nd glance
  23. I use Cartridge Save, great service. Cheap Printer Ink Cartridges, Laser Toner & Inkjet Printer Cartridges
  24. I use; KCS, Lindy and Maplin.
  25. Maybe the government will hire them as part of their £2bn injection into the secret services?
×
×
  • Create New...