Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

simonw

Members
  • Posts

    685
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by simonw

  1. I've given it a good clean with compressed air without any effect. The unit is an NEC NP216, quite old.
  2. I'm presuming this problem is with the projector? Does anyone know what causes it and if its repairable or needing a replacement projector? I've changed the lamp, but with no effect.
  3. I have iPads in one school in Lock n' Charge trolleys. The kids are good at taking out and returning, no broken cables but sometimes they get pulled out of the usb slots under the false floor - a PITA to reconnect as you have to dismantle the trolley. The devices are in baskets of 5 which are easy to carry. I have Learnpads in my other school and these are stored in the Tectus wireless charging cabinets. Sometimes they get returned to the cabinet and not put in properly, then they don't charge.
  4. Is the pixilation due to a fault with the board or the projector? Anyone know why this has happened? All help greatly appreciated.
  5. Try IDNS, 01204 363530 http://www.idns.co.uk. I've always had great service and prompt delivery.
  6. Have you tried restoring it using Configurator?
  7. Evans was sitting on the hill overlooking his seaside town. He was rather morose, talking to the sky and picking the petals off from daisies... "See all those houses down there? I built every one of them, I did. Do they call me Evans the house builder? No they don't! And those boats in the harbour. All my work, they are, all my work! But they don't call me Evans the boat builder do they? No, not me! No-one else but me built the lighthouse or the harbour wall. And I'm not called Evans the harbour builder either! And I sh*g ONE sheep..........
  8. Glad I could help.
  9. The Blue Bots we have only work with iPad version 3 and above, as they use Bluetooth 3/4. My SLT bought Blue Bots without checking the spec so we ended up having to buy iPad Air's to use the darn things, as our iPad 2's are only Bluetooth 2. HTH
  10. We've had some issues with interactivity on the SMART boards, but on the whole they've been great. The teachers use SMART Notebook, so were really keen to keep it. Have CleverTouch in another school and have had no issues (raised!) for a while. Initially the teachers had a learning curve with the Lynx software, but all seems well at the moment.
  11. Would that be a sliding scale?
  12. Eel make sure we just keep swimming
  13. This is tench, no puns for a while
  14. Not the first python to do it either
  15. What a crate idea!
  16. You'll give the poor girl a stigma tis mmm, that's cruel
  17. Thank you, I'll give that a go.
  18. Thank you for your replies. Yeah, I think the projector is out of warranty. Not sure I'm brave enough to go tinkering with the projector internals.
  19. As the appalling picture above just about shows I've got a SMART board with, what I think are, stuck pixels around the right hand side and top and bottom right of it. They remain on the board when I disconnect the client machine, leaving the projector on. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the projector with no effect. The bulb was replaced in November. Board : SMART SBX880 Projector : NEC U250X Can anyone advise of a fix? Many thanks Simon
  20. Can't always Rilian a gnome for directions
  21. I have one school using Tapestry (EYFS) and Target Tracker , and my other school uses 2Simple 2 Build a Profile. Had no complaints about either solution.
  22. i Canberra it anymore, you lot are Caracas
  23. Tel Aviv, he'll help you out
  24. Sofia, so good
  25. We cant get Riyadh of this yet, we are going to Rabat on until we call it Quito.
×
×
  • Create New...