-
Posts
685 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by simonw
-
We have Lock n' Charge trolleys. Wish we didn't though - they are quite big and they sit in my office. The carry baskets are good though, 5 devices each. The other PITA is that the cables tend to get yanked out of the sync boxes which are underneath the 'floor' of the trolley. Kids tend to grab the basket without disconnecting the charging/sync cable first. You have to remove the floor to reconnect everything, which can be fiddly. +1 for Griffin Survivor. Great case.
-
Still getting issues, now with 16.1. Am trying hibernating machines as opposed to shut down to see if this fixes. It seems to me that SMART Ink gets 'dropped' somehow or just switches off at random!?? I fixed an interactive issue yesterday, with the teacher there so that they couldn't accuse me of not getting it to work, then this morning (when I'm at another school) the screen is not interactive again!!
-
Smart Notebook 16.1 Smart Ink Performance
simonw replied to KarlGoddard's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
The issue I'm getting with 16 and 16.1 is when users boot up and their screens aren't interactive, using SMARTBoard 4065's. Ink has to be started from programs or repaired before starting. Happening on a variety of HP/Toshiba Win 7 i5 machines, 4GB RAM/500GB HDD. Starting to lose my hair/patience/mojo. -
Hi All Hope someone can advise. I have an NEC projector linked to a really old SMARTboard (think it's a 500 series). The teacher was having issues with the image being dim. I've changed the lamp, but it does't seem to have cured the problem, even with adjusting the brightness etc. Can anyone suggest anything else? Many thanks
-
Clevertouch Plus 65" major sync problems with PCs
simonw replied to toffee_paul's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
Still on going. I have two boards, one teacher can open SMART Notebook and write on the file and save the annotation, the other teacher cannot do this, getting no touch at all. I've disconnecting and reconnecting all leads, but no joy. Did you get a resolution for your issue? -
Clevertouch Plus 65" major sync problems with PCs
simonw replied to toffee_paul's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
I've had similar issues, I have no hair left... -
Hi Drew One of the primaries I work in have SMART 4065, recently installed by VeryPC. I'm in Maidstone, Kent, you would be most welcome to come and have a look. PM to arrange, if you wish. Simon
-
Job Request - please upload class lists
simonw replied to Kawlindakew's topic in Learning Network Manager
I guess this is all down to individual situations. If there is a dedicated data 'manager', then yep, I would see it as their responsibility. I'm in primary schools and I'd rather do this myself, then I know its done right first time! There's been a couple of times that teaching staff have been left to do this, only to ***k it up then ask me to dig them out of a hole. -
Having the same issues with the same version. We're still on Win7. Not too up on what Espresso has in terms of resources, but I'll mention it to my member of staff. I've only tried Chrome and IE. Have you tried any other browsers?
-
Nice lashing, Sir! I'm in a nice cool cellar and looking forward to canoeing with my Cub Pack later..
-
I would be lost on the archery field without my Uni-ball Powertank pen. Writes on wet paper, and in the cold and at odd angles - all standard situations at archery shoots!
-
Article: EduGeek Members: NetSupport DNA - Exclusive Offer!!
simonw replied to Dos_Box's topic in Legacy CMS Comments
I work in two schools, can I use the three month demo in each as separate entities? Many thanks -
Hi All My teaching staff are reporting a blank screen when trying to use Class Dojo. Is anyone else experiencing the same? We tried on Chrome and IE, but with the same result. Any ideas? Cheers
-
I normally like to watch the thunderstorms, its the unbridled power that gets me - just awesome. But last night I had just got to sleep at about 1:30 and there was the loudest clap of thunder I have ever heard. I guess right above the house, I woke up swearing, my heart was racing, the house was shaking. Its the first time I've been properly scared by thunder, but I guess it was I had just fallen asleep that made it worse. Dark clouds are gathering and more storms are on their way. Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent
-
Recently was delivered two lots of books in error, the supplier didn't want them back so I've read/reading them... First was a selection of 3 books by Kevin Brookes; Candy, The Road of the Dead and Kissing the Rain. As a writer for YA he deals with some pretty adult themes, well worth a read IMO. Second - a series of books by Anne Holt; The Blind Goddess (current read), Blessed Are Those Who Thirst and Death of the Demon. A Norwegian crime writer, these are the first of her books featuring lead character police detective Hanne Wilhelmsen.
-
CEOP Social Media Survey - please take a moment to complete it
simonw replied to elsiegee40's topic in e-Safety
Filled in -
*wishes he hadn't opened his big gob*
-
Could there be a run on 'Edugeek AFK' lapel badges??
-
I'm about to order a couple of SFF desktops, if my business manager pulls the proverbial out, so I'll let you know how things go. Not expecting any drama's TBH.
-
Showed my kids vinyl for the first time the other week, dug out my ancient Akai 'seperates' system, separate in that the turntable, CD player and dual tape/EQ were individual units. Sadly it didn't work as a 'system' but the turntable does. Now on the lookout for an amp to let me, and the kids, hear my vinyl collection again!
-
SMART Board 4065 interactive flat panels
simonw replied to CADA's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
Just to be clear the 1m cable is from the wall point to the PC, I estimate the cabling from the wall point to the screen is about 3m. -
Print management - track, how many credits, how do you do it?
simonw replied to tj2419's topic in How do you do....it?
completed Simon -
I'm having similar issues but have found that going right back and re-installing SMART Notebook (we're going from version 15.2 to 16) works best. My process.. After un-installing Notebook I've been installing Windows updates KB2670838 and KB3033929 Ensuring IE 11 is installed Install Notebook using file 'smartesi2016aprweb2' Once all this is done I've found connecting the machine to the board, then switching on the board and then re-booting the machine has worked best. It does seem to take a long time for the INK and interactivity to install though. I was just connecting an already booted machine to the SMARTboard, but the interactivity would still play up, even after disconnecting and re-connecting the USB cable. I was also finding I would have to do a few re-boots before everything was running as expected. I've also ditched the 5m USB cable and using 1m instead. HTH Simon
-
EduBar / EduBytes - London/South East - Saturday 16th July at 2pm
simonw replied to bald_pig's topic in Other Stuff
I would go, but sadly I can't make that date. -
SMART Board 4065 interactive flat panels
simonw replied to CADA's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
I'm having similar issues but have found that going right back and re-installing SMART Notebook (we're going from version 15.2 to 16) works best. My process.. After un-installing Notebook I've been installing Windows updates KB2670838 and KB3033929 Ensuring IE 11 is installed Install Notebook using file 'smartesi2016aprweb2' Once all this is done I've found connecting the machine to the board, then switching on the board and then re-booting the machine has worked best. It does seem to take a long time for the INK and interactivity to install though. I was just connecting an already booted machine to the SMARTboard, but the interactivity would still play up, even after disconnecting and re-connecting the USB cable. I was also finding I would have to do a few re-boots before everything was running as expected. I've also ditched the 5m USB cable and using 1m instead. HTH Simon
