-
Posts
685 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by simonw
-
You'll need a Riga for that job
-
Hopefully the Cu-ba won't be too long
-
Kuwait, it will all end in tears
-
I Tibet no more than this one
-
Canada any more, its too Chile
-
it would be a Crimea not to
-
It can't Finnish like this, can it?
-
Nah, that would be Scylla
-
All it takes is a Sylph of the tongue
-
Thinking of a small excursion.. a Minor tour
-
Starting new job as network manager.
simonw replied to Shadow_Walker's topic in Learning Network Manager
All the above and... Find out about what licensing you have for OS etc, talk to the Finance Manager/Bursar. -
Thank you all for your feedback, its appreciated and most helpful. Simon
-
Hi All I'm gearing up for the new financial year and want to refresh the ICT suite. I've had some info about Lenovo Tiny M700 All In One units, just wondering if anyone has any exposure or using these. Are they any good? Many thanks
-
Help with SIMS - creating a report to extract student specific data
simonw replied to iscott's topic in MIS Systems
In SIMS, on the menu bar select Reports/Design Report Then click Create New Report. select Student, click Next refine your data area, I'd leave it On Roll, click Next select your report fields and click the green arrows to add or remove them. Click Next Apply filter, if required, click Next Apply Sort order(s), if required, click Next Specify Effective Date, click Next Select output format and report title and settings, click Next Run your report SEN has its own section in the report fields. PP is in 'Additional Information' sorry, I don't know about ALPS or targets, but have a trawl of the report fields and I'm sure you'll find something. HTH -
[android] 4G Smartphone on a budget - Recommendations?
simonw replied to Dos_Box's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
I got my sons Moto G3's a couple of years ago and was very impressed with them. I was looking for a unit to replace my own HTC, I got myself a Moto G4 and I have no complaints. -
I found the pen nibs get pitted, i think the teachers/kids throw them about TBH. I've been trying to get them to use paintbrushes instead of pens, they work just as well. Also, giving the screens and bezels regular cleaning I found helps. Agree with the comment about things stuck on the edges by teachers, this does interfere with the sensors. HTH
-
It might be one of the cameras has failed. I had a similar issue recently and rang SMART, they were really helpful and talked me through running some diagnostics, this quickly revealed one of the camera's had failed. They sent a replacement, luckily under warranty, and it was a doddle to fit. I can't remember the diagnostic procedure unfortunately.
-
Hi RB Now solved. I was disabling the mouse keys in the General tab of System Preferences/Accessibility, I didn't think to scroll down to the Mouse and Trackpad tab. Changing here as solved the issue. Thanks once again! Simon
-
Hi RB, Thank you for the info, I've followed those notes, but I still have the same problem. My password also contains '7', but it only works if I reboot the Mac. Can you help any further? Cheers Simon
-
Hi Out of the blue the following keys have stopped functioning, they are all in the same area of the keyboard, have I inadvertently used some obscure key combo to disable them......? 7,8,9 U, I, O J, K, L M, ,> and the comma key is working fine, thus the gap between 'M' and '>' (before you ask, I'm using a different machine to post this!) Cheers Simon
-
My Father passed away on Saturday morning, I was just about to leave on my 2.5 hr journey to see him, when we got the call to say he had passed away 10 mins earlier. He'd fought a short battle with cancer, diagnosed just before Christmas. I emailed my SMT's (I work PT TT in 2 schools, 31 hrs total) asking to be advised of my bereavement leave. Both have been really good and said take what time I need, but at the same time haven't been able to confirm how much time I'm allowed to take. Does anyone know what entitlement is typical? Thank you. Simon
-
Thank you! Worked a treat
-
As is usual in my school, hardware gets purchased without asking my advice and I just get the old 'make it work' speech. This is where I need your help please. A wireless only printer has been purchased for two users who work from desktops, this in its self is fine, they can both print to the device, and its not shared to any other network devices. The problem I have is that our little darlings have found the printer on the available devices list while using the iPads and its causing a bit of an issue, lots of colour being used in multiple prints of the same thing etc. Is there any way in either the iPad or the printer settings or where ever, that I can stop these unwanted print jobs? Many thanks Simon
-
Not quite 'bye-bye Bernie' as he keeps an 'advisory' role, sadly.
-
I spotted the error for the %mytime%, I'd missed a colon after TIME.... set mytime=%TIME:~0,-3% echo LogOn echo %Date% %mytime% %USERNAME% %COMPUTERNAME% >> \\\LogOn\%COMPUTERNAME%.csv exit Its working without commas for .csv output too. Now to hope it works on the client machines....
