-
Posts
13,543 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Geoff
-
Here's a little power shell function to add into your error handling. function Get-Excuse { (Invoke-WebRequest http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ballard/bofh/excuses -Proxy 'http://proxy:port' -ProxyUseDefaultCredentials -OutVariable excuses).content.split([Environment]::NewLine)[(get-random $excuses.content.split([Environment]::NewLine).count)] } Output looks like this: PS H:\> Get-Excuse CPU needs recalibration PS H:\> Get-Excuse Electrons on a bender PS H:\> Get-Excuse system consumed all the paper for paging PS H:\> Get-Excuse user to computer ratio too high. PS H:\> Get-Excuse the xy axis in the trackball is coordinated with the summer solstice PS H:\> Get-Excuse Due to the CDA, we no longer have a root account. PS H:\> Get-Excuse runaway cat on system. Enjoy (you might need to muck about with the proxy parameters for Invoke-Webrequest or remove them entirely in some environments). Add it to your $Profile for extra fun times.
-
Dual monitors are one of the best productivity upgrades you can get.
-
If you are doing that, just buy 39" 4K TVs. http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MB54NBY thats 2x the screen space as my dual Dell U2412Ms.
-
You are added @alunmjones
-
16:10 you heathens!
-
What is the CPU load on the router with QoS enabled?
-
You VM is trying to use IPv6. Do you have full IPv6 connectivity across your LAN and out to the Internet?
-
I am trying to register on RiDP | Ricoh Asia Pacific so I can download the Ricoh Private MIB for SNMP. However the email never comes through. Can anyone else download Normal Downloads / RA RiDP | Ricoh Asia Pacific or does anyone have this file?
-
I have two PFSense boxes here. They aren't running as the main firewalls (We have Cisco ASAs) however they are directly connected to our internet and are running as captive portals for our public wifi networks. I am running Squid on them for logging purposes but not doing any filtering per say. I have not bothered with a gold subscription.
-
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/facepalm.gif
-
Emerging Threats has updated their public snort ruleset with signatures for Superfish. Daily Ruleset Update Summary 2015/02/19
-
Just an out of memory error. It's to be expected.
-
My server is a VM with the storage thin provisioned by a NetApp Filer. So I have a separate LUN for Data vs OS. All of MySQLs database lives in /var/lib/mysql which I have etup as a separate LVM volume that goes back to the Data LUN on the NetApp. This is snapshotted hourly (The OS is only a daily snapshot). mysqldump will work fine for upgrades. I still do that here in those circumstances, even with the snapshots.
-
We are using Request Tracker. https://www.bestpractical.com/rt/ I have an ubuntu LTS vm on our VMware ESXi running it.
-
Cba.. root@localhost:~# df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/xvda 47G 13G 34G 28% / none 4.0K 0 4.0K 0% /sys/fs/cgroup devtmpfs 997M 4.0K 997M 1% /dev none 200M 192K 200M 1% /run none 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock none 998M 0 998M 0% /run/shm none 100M 0 100M 0% /run/user root@localhost:/opt/minecraft/DNSTechpack_7549/world# du -hs DIM* 7.5M DIM1 83M DIM-1 13M DIM-100 36K DIM-19 36K DIM2 36K DIM-37 36K DIM-38 92M DIM7 36K DIM99 31M DIM_MYST3 32M DIM_MYST4 11M DIM_MYST5
-
Yep, got one here. It's doing Wifi Captive portal at the moment. Might get press ganged into being a load balancer / reverse proxy for OWA too. It's running on an old Citrix CAG appliance.
-
There's also uselessd to keep an eye on too. uselessd :: information system
-
I've fixed it. I've found an ubuntu upstart init script. So it should autorestart when it breaks now.
-
Active Directory Provisioning limited to 1000
Geoff replied to chrisjako's topic in Windows Server 2012
Isn't this due to LDAP policy limits? (MaxPageSize rings a bell). http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315071 -
Yeah, I need a server wrapper for it. I'm having trouble finding one that works with a Forge server though.
-
Server was killed due to memory usage. I've restarted it.
-
help.mojang.com claims everything is ok. I'm restarting the server.
-
Note to self: do not try and fix things while drunk. It's up now.
