Jul 2 08:18:04 simon-rm-nbook-200 lightdm: (mount.c:76): mount error(126): Required key not available
Looks like a kerberos issue to me. Is the keytab in /var/run/user//
Jun 30 15:32:49 simon-rm-nbook-200 lightdm: (mount.c:76): mount error: could not resolve address for bhs-sr-001.brookvale.internal: Unknown error
Can you ping 'bhs-sr-001.brookvale.internal' from this machine? If not, you would appear to have a DNS issue (hint: It's always DNS).
One thing I did have to change in there was to change the 'sec=kerb5i' to 'sec=kerb5'. Also check if you XML parses correctly (you should have an error in auth.log if not).
An SPF record just tells the world what IPs the domains email servers use. You will need to amend your SPF record to include whatever SMTP server is missing.
Are you aware of any reason the current tech would do this? Never the less, if there is a logic bomb hidden somewhere and he's a good sysadmin you will not find it in time. The only mitigation you have is offline backups and a complete wipe and rebuild (as you would with any security breach).
I assume them it'll support all the normal stuff you can do with putty (GSSAPI w/SECURE32 and SSH Key Storage in AD) thereby getting you SSH Single Sign On.
I installed W2K16 Server Tech Preview 2 in a VM yesterday. It did not install a GUI by default. So I guess Windows Server is heading in a more command line driven direction too.