-
Posts
13,543 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Geoff
-
Hardware is fixed. If you have not noticed already, the server is up again.
-
Server the VM is on has got a hardware issue. Server is down until hosting fixes it.
-
No one else has had an issue connecting. I've updated the server to v7.5.4.9
-
If none of the above work pop it open and check if anything looks burnt/melted. If it seems ok from a visual inspection either: 1) Open it up and solder on the JTAG port and re-flash it that way. 2) desolder the flash chip and re-flash it in a chip reader.
-
Unable to Browse CertSrv website on DC from IE.
Geoff replied to Geoff's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
It works on IE10 on the XenApp desktop with compatibility turned on. -
https://mydc/CertSrv https://mydc.domain.com/CertSrv and https://1.2.3.4/CertSrv all work fine in Firefox 35.0.1. IE 9 refuses to connect giving me a 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage' DNS error page (Which is a lie when I'm using an IP!). Any ideas?
-
I suggest you do the costing exercise I outlined. As a follow up if they flat refuse to do anything you have no choice but to implement quotas.
-
If you're getting this thrown back at you, you need to work out the costs of archiving vs online storage (I assume a SAN) per Mb. Then work out how much your growth rate is. Then work out how many you could potentially move to archive. Armed with this info you can go back say, "OK based on your decision I'll need £XXXX for a new san in Y years, unless you let me archive at rentintion time Z years in which case we can avoid spending that money for A years."
-
Done. Please note the launcher will prompt for an update. I've not had chance to do that update yet on the server. So if you update you will not be able to connect.
-
One per site (7 sites). We've not moved to 2012 R2 yet, but we will. So I expect we'll have clustering then.
-
I have never found a network scanner that worked correctly for a production network. I recommend going round and having a look. It'll be amazing what other issues you'll find along the way too!
-
We use Request Tracker. You can interact with it entirely via email as an end user. We just have a generic 'IT Helpdesk' email that people can direct support requests to. https://www.bestpractical.com/rt/
-
Squid, google search logging
Geoff replied to Quackers's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
If you are intercepting SSL you need to put this in your squid.conf to preserve the queries. strip_query_terms off -
Read this, Page 33 onwards. https://support.citrix.com/servlet/KbServlet/download/33310-102-696318/xs-design-multipathing-config.pdf
-
I've added you. Let me know if there's any problems.
-
Ok, you basically need multipathd running. As soon as it sees multiple block devices with the same wwid then it will muiltipath them. I have it working here on a VMware VM talking back to two NetApp Filers via iSCSI over multipath. ~$ sudo iscsiadm -m session tcp: [1] 192.168.11.101:3260,2001 iqn.1992-08.com.netapp:sn.1788985965 tcp: [2] 192.168.11.103:3260,2001 iqn.1992-08.com.netapp:sn.1788985965 ~$ lsscsi [1:0:0:0] cd/dvd NECVMWar VMware IDE CDR10 1.00 /dev/sr0 [2:0:0:0] disk VMware Virtual disk 1.0 /dev/sda [2:0:1:0] disk VMware Virtual disk 1.0 /dev/sdb [3:0:0:0] disk NETAPP LUN 811a /dev/sdc [4:0:0:0] disk NETAPP LUN 811a /dev/sdd ~$ sudo multipath -ll 360a980002d653732512b417146594d6b dm-4 NETAPP,LUN size=45G features='1 queue_if_no_path' hwhandler='0' wp=rw `-+- policy='round-robin 0' prio=2 status=active |- 3:0:0:0 sdc 8:32 active ready running `- 4:0:0:0 sdd 8:48 active ready running ~$ sudo file -s /dev/dm-4 /dev/dm-4: LVM2 PV (Linux Logical Volume Manager), UUID: vTQA0u-AGTu-0wsV-kLI6-k1kD-HSM0-z9vFcm, size: 4831838208
-
I have resurrected this server. It's now running the DNS Tech Pack available from the ATLauncher. It's also running all the optional mods. Server IP is 176.58.117.186 It's running a whitelist so you'll need to let me know your minecraft username if you want to connect.
-
I can neither confirm no deny I have seen the ads you elude to.
-
A hotfix rollup package for Active Directory Web Service is available for the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 leads to a broken link. So does anyone have a copy kicking about? It will probably have a file name of 'NDP35SP1-KB969166-x86.exe'.
-
Does this mean Apple will be going back to their old logo? http://i.imgur.com/qv0DFsC.jpg
-
Because it's not yours. It belongs to BT.
-
That's a very old BT Fibre circuit CPE. The yellow label is the circuit number. These circuits were replaced by 21CN in most areas.
-
Bookies have 7/1 odds for snow at crimbo. Probably a more reliable metric than long range weather forecasts or newspaper articles at this point. Weather betting odds | bet Online at Ladbrokes.com
