-
Posts
5,005 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Hightower
-
Never doubted you for a second SYSMAN! Love ya
-
Just something daft. What wouldn't you hear on a hollywood blockbuster about computers? Something like: Jack Bauer: "Send me the files now!" PFY: "Sending them" Bauer: "S***. BSoD! Connect me to the techs" PFY: "Patching..." Techs: "CP Wordle, the guys of tech. How can I help?" Bauer: "I'm being held at gun point and need my laptop but it just BSoD" Techs: "Do you have your account number?"
-
Have you been to these?
-
The lads here did some paint balling thing. Don't know the exact details, but they started firing at the mini-bus when it drove off so they didn't last long. Reckon you've got to be careful in prague. I've heard all the nightmares of going into a bar and being charged £70 for two drinks.
-
Me and the wife are looking to do a 1 night camp to see if we enjoy it on Saturday. Can anybody recommend a good but fairly cheap camp site for a tent and 2 people. Be good it there's stuff to do locally like walks and such. Looking for nowhere south of North Yorkshire. Lakes is fine too.
-
Sunny with a light breeze?
-
Ah, you've just reminded me to buy the new release of GTA tonight..... GTA V: Northumberland
-
Yeah - we trained in similar conditions last night. Was great fun!
-
They burgle peoples houses when they go on holiday?! Shocking!
-
[pics] Steve Jobs: "Hey Bill , have you tried the new iphone?"
Hightower replied to flyinghaggis's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
Something that DOES need to be recalled is Steve Jobs sense of style. He may make nice gadgets but he hasn't the slightest about the clothes he wears! -
Oh, forgot to say, the bottom motto should be "Reaching for the stars" not "Reaching to the stars"
-
@SYSMAN: I know you have already done the wife a huge favour, and I think the head chose a logo based on your design (merged with a little of the kids' ideas). I have attached the logo which has been done by the embroidery company for the uniforms. Can anyone turn this into a nice vector to be used on letter heads etc? [ATTACH=CONFIG]7741[/ATTACH]
-
Yeah - saw that this morning. RM may have been saved........ but then again, it may not! lol
-
Surely that's not the best way to build a machine. If you build a class of 30 that all need to pull their drivers down your internet would just drop.
-
An Apple product with a problem? I don't believe you!
-
PM sent Axel. Thanks.
-
When I started out in IT my boss was in a similar situation. He had a network that was dropping to bits, and a technician who was a nice lad but terrible at his job. He needed to replace the computers, and a rolling 4 year scheme was about 5 years too late! He got a loan from county (well he persuaded the head to get it) to replace all the machines, and the county allowed repayment split over 4 years, so it seemed to the school they weren't pulling it out in a oner. The only thing is, you would have to do the same again in four years time. As for the technician, his house burnt down because the weed he was growing in the attic caught fire, so that one kind of worked itself out as he resigned straight after. I would carry out a network audit, and highlight areas in terms of timescale i.e. Rooms 1, 3 and 4 - Critical (summer holidays) Rooms 2 and 5 - In the middle (1 year max) Infrastructure - Spot on (6 years possibly) Servers - Doing the job (3 years) etc etc After you have done this you need to undo the belt of your HT and pucker up, as asking for cash in a school is never easy.
-
Well, personally I think you all need to shut up and get the in the kitchen. I'm hungry! This is a joke meant in jest by the way. Please take it that way. I wouldn't dare speak to any of you like that - I only speak like that to the wife. That was another joke meant to be taken in a light hearted way.
-
Thought Friday's gone was poor.
-
There was a normal league one last year. I was doing half decent in it but forgot to look towards the end of the season. Couldn't tell you who won it.
-
[pics] Love the look his this guys face..
Hightower replied to Gatt's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
I think there's five officers in the full photo. Four of them are staring straight at the camera, and the fifth very well could be but it's hard to see. My guess is the cameraman trod on a Koala bear when he was climbing the tree which drew everyones attention. The rumour up north is during this moment when all the officers were not focused, Raoul slipped down the river bank and a double stepped in. -
So what exactly is reburbished. What do they do?
-
Dell Outlet as in second hand refurbished equipment? Is there any downside to that?
-
But will it? We moved our email from LA to internal using Zimbra. Great, it's free. Until you have to pull out money for the server and manage the system. Our solution is much more stable now, but it wasn't cheaper. I'd imagine the same with Linux clients - it would take additional training for most schools, extra setup, and extra training for staff/students. By the end of that it may be cheaper to stick with Windows.
