-
Posts
814 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Shadow_Walker
-
I have a promethean visualiser and trying to set up the capture function however it is greyed out!?!? Any reason why?
-
Juts inherited a school and some of the year group OUs are setup using year of entry and some are set up by actual year group. I need to go one way or the other so how would you say to do it. In my previous two schools one was set up YOE and the other was by year group.
-
Sorry about same spec we are dealing with at the moment so no good for me.
-
LAN Settings automatically detect settings
Shadow_Walker replied to Shadow_Walker's topic in Windows Server 2012
Yes I need to check next time how the group policy etc has been set up. Will give this a shot though. -
LAN Settings automatically detect settings
Shadow_Walker replied to Shadow_Walker's topic in Windows Server 2012
Just tested with me having no filtering and I still got the error. unsure what else this could be. -
LAN Settings automatically detect settings
Shadow_Walker replied to Shadow_Walker's topic in Windows Server 2012
Chrome issue is still present. It is not an extension and after checking some other non domain computers they all get the same issue. The filtering is Fortinet but @SchoolsBroadband say it is not them however at one of my other primaries with the exact same server setup they are not having the issue. Anyone got any ideas what this could be now? -
Vembu Software free - Anyone using it?
Shadow_Walker replied to Shadow_Walker's topic in Enterprise Software
Yes your post was the one that made me make the thread. Little concerning that no one else really uses it though. -
Saw this in another thread but is anyone using Vembu free backup https://www.vembu.com/vembu-vmbackup/. Currently using Veeam free edition but like the fact i can schedule backups using this but is anyone else using it?
-
Yes it is a Lenovo machine i am having issues with!
-
I am sure it does carry sound and audio. I am just going to check the room now but pretty sure it does not have a audio jack connection
-
Hi The laptop has a displayport but the touchscreen board only has hdmi we have a displayport to hdmi adapter which then plugs into a hdmi cable which plugs into the point in the wall. When i right click on the sound properties it has changed it to touchscreen but no sound carries straight away.
-
I have a teacher who has a laptop with a displayport to HDMI adapter to plug it into the touchscreen board. My issue is that when she plugs it in the sound does not always come through for whatever reason. She has to close the lid a few times before the sound starts. I have updated the sound device drivers, just wondering if there is anything else i can do. My last thought was to get a new adapter.
-
[ipad] Proper management techniques
Shadow_Walker replied to synaesthesia's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
Ok I will explain best way i found but @Brimstone may be your best man to speak too. At my last place we used Casper suite as our MDM. We bought 80 iPads from Millgate and we just sent them our DEP details and they added them to our casper suite. I created one profile in apple configurator which was called Wireless and plugged all 80 ipads in and it put our wifi details in onto the iPad in the form of a profile. I then ran through the config on the iPads to get them to the home screen. Some of this was already set using DEP. In Casper Suite i then created groups e.g. Maths iPads, MFL iPads etc which had the relevant settings that they needed like camera enabled. When a new iPad was set up and on the home screen it appeared in Casper and i just renamed it and put in the asset tag. I then moved it into the correct group and it pulled down all the settings. This worked really well for us. Then for the apps we used device assignable VPP apps. So bought the apps in VPP they appeared in Casper Suite i assigned them to the group or ipads i wanted and then it silently installed them onto the iPads with zero touch needed from us. There is no need for apple ID's now if devices run through DEP or are supervised. If i was you i would look at some sort of MDM solution as it saved us so much time and effort. -
Is there any POE injectors that i can use for a Aruba 200 series access point instead of the aruba ones? I don't really want to spend £70 on a POE injector unless I have too. Is there any alternatives?
-
Is it a simple install or do i need to speak with anyone regarding it?
-
Never come across this software before but we need to put A2C software on our exams officers machine after we have rebuilt the network in the summer. I spoke with our Local Authority to see if they knew anything but they did not. I just wondered if anyone has come across this before. Link here Welcome to the A2C Migration application download site
-
Do we? Buy an Xbox and save yourself some money.
-
export users from AD to csv
Shadow_Walker replied to Shadow_Walker's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
Completely forgot about that thank you - - - Updated - - - Thanks all for the comments all sorted. -
export users from AD to csv
Shadow_Walker replied to Shadow_Walker's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
Already tried that it just exports the username and year group. Need the first name and surname as well. -
Anyone got a way to export users from AD to a csv file. I only need the username, first name and last name. I have come across a couple of powershell scripts but wanted to see if anyone here would recommend anything.
-
Strange question but anyone know which power supply works with the Aruba 205 access point? I have looked and not one place seems to say this is the one you buy.
-
Ok so in my new job i have not been left any details of the logins used to access the Volume licensing management page. I spoke to microsoft and after a 30 minute conversation they apologised and said speak with your re-seller. Only issue is i have not been left who our re-seller was either. Any ideas of where to go next.
