-
Posts
814 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Shadow_Walker
-
I was hoping the gpo would work as it was a quick fix
-
After taking over a site a couple of months back we have found that a lot of windows 7 machines were never set a local admin password. I set up a GPO basically following these instruction https://www.avoiderrors.net/change-local-administrator-password-gpo/ and for whatever reason it still will not set the admin password.
-
Server DNS issue and Second DC
Shadow_Walker replied to Shadow_Walker's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
Let's say if I turned off the Main DC should the second one service all requests? -
Server DNS issue and Second DC
Shadow_Walker replied to Shadow_Walker's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
I ran the %logonserver% and it is saying the backup one but when I ping .local it gives me the ip of the first DC. -
One of our domain controllers seems to have tripped itself over whilst i was away. It is throwing back a lot of errors mainly DNS however no fixes seem to be working. Our second DC is handling requests fine however the other DC will log them in however not all GPOs are working. I have found a client which is trying to connect to the Main DC is there a way i can force clients to use the second DC just for the time being?
-
Nothing has changed at all. No wires have been pulled out it just happened one morning when I walked in.
-
I hit enter a couple of times and it bought up the hp writing and asked for the password but when i type it in i get no feedback if it is right or not
-
New issue is that it seems to be stuck on the password box when i use Putty. I type in the password but i don't seem to get any response
-
I found another set of cables and have got into one!!! Just got to work out how to use these HP switches now!
-
Still not showing up. Could it be the cable could be a bad one?
-
Just checked device manager but it is coming up as an unknown device rather than a port
-
I found a serial to usb cable but still get nothing from putty all i get is an error saying unable to open serial port. Clutching at straws with this now
-
I just found a console cable in one of the store rooms. It looks like it is console (serial) to ethernet. Issue is that when i plugged it in and loaded up putty it could not get a connection!!! Also the laptop supplied does not have an ethernet port so using a usb converter so could this be an issue as well?
-
From what i can see we have some VLANS set up so i take it as a yes. However i could be wrong, any way to check?
-
Ok changed the range to 10.165.x.0 and got some machines and 2 switches but that was it. I already had those 2 as they were new ones but still need the rest of them. This network is a bit of a mess to say the least.
-
Thanks I have never used that tool before. When i downloaded it and ran your command i got Starting Nmap 7.60 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2017-08-10 13:15 GMT Summer TimeNmap done: 255 IP addresses (0 hosts up) scanned in 49.44 secondsFailed to resolve ">".Failed to resolve "results.txt". Any ideas.
-
Long story cut short. Started a new job a couple of months back and have not been left any of the switch ip addresses. Also each cab has not been labelled properly so not sure where they go back to or what is attached to each one. We could also know what is attached to each one as we want to re do the setup at some point! Most of the switches are HP Pro Curve 2524
-
I have two scopes in DHCP. Never done much with VLANS before as at my previous place as a tech they were set up and they just ran.
-
OK bit more information regarding this that i have just found. We have 4 SSID's and 1 is working whilst the other 3 are not giving out an IP. The only difference i can see in the config of the SSID is that it is using VLAN id 1 instead of VLAN id 4.
-
I have available 95%
-
The wirless system does not have a controller. They use the aruba access points which mirror settings to each one. I have just managed to get into one and it shows my phone but giving it the 169 address. Same with my laptop if when i connect via the wireless i get a 169 address but as soon as i plug it in via ethernet it works.
-
The network i have inherited has got an issue with WIFI at the moment. No wireless clients are picking up any ip addresses. On my phone i end up getting the 169 address. Now all the computers seem to be getting ip addresses still but only wifi clients are not. Not much documentation either to go off here so wondering where people will start.
-
ActiView capture greyed out
Shadow_Walker replied to Shadow_Walker's topic in Promethean Direct Support
Well I never knew that! Thank you!
