Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Haptic

Members
  • Posts

    4,417
  • Joined

Everything posted by Haptic

  1. I fished an Atari Lynx II from ebay, just like I owned as a young laddie! (roughly £35 with 6 games) cue endless hours of Paperboy, California Games etc...big favourite with anyone that spots it! Joe
  2. Hi all (probably wrong forum for this so Mods please move if there is somewhere more suitable) Basically my dad is moving to warmer climes and since my grandparents witnessed Skype over Xmas they are moving towards the idea of using it to converse intercontinental. The problem I have is that the pair of them are in their mid 80's and aren't exactly tech savvy (insert anecdote regarding sky plus stopping worlds tv etc here). As such I was wondering if anyone knows of any OS (ideally open source) which is massively stripped down and simplified so their only choice is Skype or web browser with nice large friendly looking icons? Appreciate that I could just use windows accessibility options but was wondering if there was anything else out there- not least as the spec on the machine I'm providing is woeful. Any help/ suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks, Mark
  3. .......The man has a good point!
  4. We have a Zoostorm Business PC for sale....please see below for specification. Zoostorm Business PC Form Factor: Tower Processor: 1 x Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 Quad Core Processor Cache Memory: 4MB - Level 2 Hard Drive: 500GB Networking: Ethernet Fast Ethernet Gigabit Ethernet RAM: 4GB (Installed) Graphics Processor: Integrated Monitor: None Optical Drive: DVD RW OS Provided: Microsoft Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit with XP Pro 32 Bit Downgrade Disk Dimensions (WxDxH): 45.0 x 18.0 x 36.0cm Price: £385 ex VAT including next day delivery 3 Year On Site Warranty upgrade from Zoostorm Desktops PC's. Price: £59.99 ex VAT If you are intersted please contact us on 0845 249 1779 or [email protected]. Grab yourself a bargain!
  5. Hi Si, Not entirely sure as to set up but I know my folks have had great success using ownersdirect.co.uk to advertise their place in Portugal and considering how technophobic they are it must be template based! Mark
  6. There is a ok multitouch ProLite monitor availble in the UK at the moment for a similar ish price, Iiyama T2250MTS. Though it's definately not as good looking as the Dell!
  7. Dom_ is spot on, could be either cable or the RJ45 port on the AP (though this would be the first i'd heard of), what model of Ruckus AP is it you are using onsite? Mark WiSE Guy
  8. Has to be a toss-up betwixt the Nexus One, and the Logitech Harmony One remote....I have no idea how I functioned without either of these! Joe
  9. How had I missed this! i'm sbizzel87, mainly on Red Dead and Black Ops- I’m the guy blowing himself up not infrequently, dam frags! Mark
  10. I've got the Sony Ericson Xperia X10-mini Pro, would have preferred the full size X10 Pro with keyboard but couldn't get my hands on any. It's not a bad phone though the inability to keep it on function when typing numbers on the pad is a bit of a pain (think double the number of presses to enter a number). OS is nice, not done much major with it as yet but it seems to run well day to day. Have to say though, only time I actually use keyboard is if I’m out and killing time penning lengthy tomes on Facebook- I had similar thoughts as yourself regarding pure touchscreen phones, I’ve always hated touch screen (dam my sausage fingers!) but have found that it’s not as bad as I first envisioned and is quite usable for SMS etc. Mark
  11. Do it and stop making me jealous....Australia?? ha Chris
  12. This looks brilliant when is it out.........ha ha brilliant. More of the Same Please!!!! Chris
  13. Haptic

    New office

    Very nice.
  14. Chelsea vs Copenhagen......I know they aren't great at the minute but that is beyond kind! United should be happy. Spurs and Arsenal not so much....you never know though. Chris
  15. I would certainly say arguing is an embellishment, as I'm sure the OP will agree..ours was merely an exchange of information. Neither was the post a hijack of an offer (as this offer is from Ruckus themselves) If it had appeared in the advertiser section we certainly would have left well alone (as per the Edugeek rules) however as it appears in Hardware it was believed to be a general discussion on the topic. Hate to chirp up against any decision, just felt it necessary to clarify our comments. Joe
  16. How can you miss Hightower, ignore him at your perill in 2011.......ask Sweetchuck he did once, but never again! Sorry couldn't resist it......ha ha
  17. Can of tartan paint.
  18. Where did you purchase the printers from......they may be able to offer some sort of help? Chris
  19. Is no-one looking at any server equipment then? Chris
  20. I don't know tech_guy, if suitable amounts of port had been imbibed first I think that could just about be palatable! Then again I do like cheeses with a bit of a kick, quite enjoyed a bit of Stinking Bishop a couple of months back. As for the anti-blue brigade, all I’d say is it's obviously a matter of personal taste but in the same way that a air dried ham (Parma, Serrano etc) develops more depth of flavour whilst maturing/ moulding, cheese is no different; some things just taste better old! After all it’s rare to see much Parma ham left when the classic melon starter comes out.... Aldi Sunday here I come! Mark (CP’s resident foodie)
  21. Thought it was pretty good actually.....should I have kept this to myself! ha Chris
  22. We have an Acer Laptop Offer on for Today & Tomorrow Only (Thursday 9th & Friday 10th December 2010) Acer Aspire 5742Z Notebook PC Pentium Dual Core P6100 2 GHz 3 GB RAM HDD 250 GB DVD Writer ±R/±RW HD Graphics WLAN : 802.11b/g/n Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 15.6" Widescreen LED backlight CineCrystal TFT 1366 x 768 ( WXGA ) Camera Black Cost: £335 ex VAT including Next Day Delivery £393.63 in VAT including Next Day Delivery If you are interested please contact us on 0845 249 1779 or email us at [email protected]. Team CP
  23. Indeed it would Plexer, 1U LCD 17" Flat-Panal Monitor with Dell Rack Rail (480-15716), spec is below: Display Type- KVM console / TFT active matrix Height (Rack Units)-1U Display Diagonal Size- 17" Viewable Size- 17" Features- Rapid Rails Input DeviceType- Mouse, keyboard, trackpad Expansion / Connectivity Interfaces- 1 x keyboard / mouse / video Miscellaneous- Cables Included 1 x keyboard / mouse / video cable Rack Mounting Kit Included
×
×
  • Create New...