Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Haptic

Members
  • Posts

    4,417
  • Joined

Everything posted by Haptic

  1. Police Squad, one of the funniest things I have seen! You are right,another comic genius gone. Chris
  2. Well in Kettering it's just started coming down with a vengence- why oh why couldn't this have happened yesterday! Mark
  3. I bought one of those "toxin free" cigarettes the other week.............Thats all i have to say about them really :-s Adam
  4. Barracuda in the Dominican republic.......Little did i know that the meat of this fish is quite toxic.It feeds on algae called ciguetera that live on coral reef. I spent 2 days in the room with blurred vision and numb, errrrrrm, appendages shall we say. Great holiday though! Adam
  5. Pleased to see I’m not the only one with a peculiar penchants for culinary exploration! Aside from the moderately usual- Boar, Ostrich, Kangaroo, Goat, I've tried a few off the wall (in some cases literally!): Chocolate Fire ants (IWoOT.com special) Curried Meal Worms Reindeer Pate (not as good as you'd hope I’m afraid to say) mini Scorpion. Think that’s about it... though my brother has said he's got something special and edible for me for Xmas, what worried me was he said this after seeing the rancid canned Herring on Q.I the other night... Mark
  6. I do on Now 16, absolute classic.........Informer!!!! Chris
  7. Ah the joys of VESA, so am I right in thinking you effectively want from the wall to have: wall---mount---PC---TV? Tough to achieve with standard products, I spent 2 years designing and buying mounts and I never came across anything off the shelf which could do this (at least not on a wall mount for a sizable TV). Simplest solution, whilst not ideal, would be to put a TV Bracket with say a 150-200mm distance from wall to VESA mount and then use the stand/ VESA connector for the Acer Veriton N281G to mount it to a slim line wall mount positioned below the TV bracket. Alternatively get your DT techs to weld a cradle onto a VESA adaptor plate so PC would hang below and wall bracket screws go through the plate and then in to back of TV. Hope that makes sense! Mark
  8. So this weekend’s predictions: Wales V Fiji- Wales by 15 points+ (it had better be to lay down a marker for RWC 2011!) England V Samoa- going to be a physical one with a few yellow cards thrown out, England to win but tough to say by what; if they keep going from last week the islanders could be in line for a thumping. Ireland v New Zealand- New Zealand by 10; Ireland have gone for a quite brave move in not starting O'Gara but think NZ will prove too strong up front. Scotland v South Africa- SA by a cricket score I’m afraid to say, be good to see how Joe Ansbro gets on but after their hammering at the hands of NZ I think SA will be looking to make up for a poor start against Wales last week. Whatever the result I’m just happy to have some decent rugby to watch on the BBC! Mark
  9. It looks like it's in the same style as Wikipedia so something to do with that?? Mmmm......yeah out of ideas! Chris
  10. After speaking with Asus directly I am glad to say they have rushed to the rescue. They have confirmed there was a slight discrepancy with the online spec (which has since been remedied) and they have very very kindly offered replacement 6 cell Hi-Cap units for the netbooks in question. Many thanks to all at Asus and to the godlike patience of the OP. Joe
  11. Well i've heard of people not doing their research but this must have lead to someone getting their P45, epic fail on the naming of this Transformer Toy: Hasbro unleashes 'Spastic' Transformer ? The Register
  12. I would be happy to have a look into this for you and I have just PM'd you. Chris
  13. BUMP - We have one free in the office at the minute if anyone is interested.
  14. I am pretty sure you can't to be honest. I have a friend (yes I have one!) and they are on a monthly roll over contract where they already own the iPhone and they pay £15 per month to have a monthly iPhone SIM. He had to set this up as the normal SIM he had didn't work. Pretty annoying really as I get the same minutes, texts and data roaming as him, but I pay around £50 per month as I took the 'free' phone option over 2 years. Think I have could have bought two iPhones out right by the time I finish! Hope that helps Chris
  15. Hi All, Sorry for the slight delay in announcing the winner, had to confirm they were happy to be named online. The winner is (drum roll please...) Edugeek User: Iain.Faulkner for his purchase on a HP 24 port 10/100/1000 Switch , congratulations Iain. Thanks to everyone for their Procurve and Dell Powerconnect purchases throughout the prizedraw and keep your eyes peeled for our Xmas promotions.
  16. Yeah have to say, you can see why Mr Walsh has been in the refereeing wilderness for some time... I thought Wales needed a far more clinical second half, as the first 40 mins was the worst SA performance in a long time and we needed to shut the game out. Cracking debut for George North, that’s got to be a heck of a feeling for anyone let alone an 18 year old lad! I thought we could have used Roberts in the centre, just a bigger impact player than Shanks. As for England well, they certainly brought out there A game (about time too!), was pleased to see the Northampton lads all having solid games, think if Courtney Lawes carries on developing he could be a mainstay of the England pack for years to come- He was good enough to force my mate out of the Saints team and down to Wasps and James Cannon is not a bad player by any stretch of the imagination!
  17. We can do this for you..... Chris
  18. Hi all, I am the newest member of the CP office. I have been an observer of the site for a little while and thought today was my day to get involved. Keep up the good work and great threads. All the best Adam Team CP
  19. We do offer this and if anyone else is interested please give us a shout. Chris
  20. Hi there all, I am the newest member of the CP office. I have been an observer of the site but recently thought i should be more involved. Keep up the good work and great threads. All the best, Adam Team CP
  21. Fair point on Warburton, he's got some dam big boots to fill taking over from Martyn- to my mind the best flanker of the last 10 years (and yes I stand by he's better than McCaw- when your playing on the back foot as much as Williams has it's the mark of a great to still perform!). I don't know about Gav just yet, I’d like to see how he's playing for sarries before he starts getting a red shirt on; 18 months is a long time, though he should have kept his side step with his current training As for Gethin, only person to come close to him would be the Saints Tonga'uiha and even then with a scrum after 75min my money would be on Gethin every time- the mans a machine! Gonk- you lucky bugger with tickets for that encounter! Mark
  22. You provide your own comedy Cyril, but thanks for noticing. Joe
  23. how nieve of me
  24. Ha ha ha...epic fail
×
×
  • Create New...