-
Posts
4,417 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Haptic
-
Anyone else had (or about to have) an awful lunch?
Haptic replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Say what you may about Aldi....I dip in there for bags of fresh salad (50p each) some cold cuts such as pastrami and some coleslaw...absolute winner! on a side note they sell heavy bags of 'knock off' gourmet jelly beans for 70p and they are AMAZING! Joe -
A solid recco, I personally have a logitech harmony One unit at home, absolutely superb unit....the software/set-up is a doddle with most appliances auto-configuring, even when my dipstick brother stepped on (and cracked) the LCD screen, Logitech have sent me a direct replacement (even letting me keep the old unit for spares etc) Logitech FTW
-
[video] Jeremy Kyle gets twonked by an envelope
Haptic replied to mattx's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
He blatantly deserved that riposte, shame it wasn't a 200gsm razor tipped C5 manilla special. In fairness I'd pay good money to see someone lift Jezza out of his smug shoes.....an honour a little too great to be bestowed upon his average 'guest' though Joe -
Awesome....a'la ' The Life of David Gale' That'd be an awesome conclusion.....however i'm somehow doubting it.
-
I had an email this morning on this new Zoostorm SL8, spec seems quite reasonable but wasn't sure what people thought of the practical applications? http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/6553/zoostormsl8.jpg • Microsoft Windows 7 Professional • Intel Atom N450 1.66Ghz Processor • 11.6” Multi-Touch HD 1366 x 768 LCD screen • 32GB SSD Storage Drive • 2GB DDR2 667Mhz Memory • WiFi 802.11 b/g/n • Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR • Mini HDMI x 1, USB x 2 • Headphone port x1 • MS/SD/MMC card slot • SIM card slot • 1.3M Webcam • Built in Microphone, 2 x 1.5W speaker • Optional 3G/GPS (MOQ 250 units) • 3-Way Motion sensor (accelerometer) • Lithium Ion Polymer Battery (7.4V, 4800mAh, 2S1P) – Up to 4 Hours • Native support for Flash • Unit Dimension 295mm x 195mm x 14mm • Up to 990 grams weight • 1 year end user technical support and collect and return warranty RRP is £499.00 and they're meant to be in stick mid November. Would people see this as a realistic alternative to the iPad in the classroom? Mark
-
One thing I'm confused on (it doesnt take much!) is how this works- obviously in paintball it's pretty obvious when you've been shot, is it trust based that if you feel yourself get hit you walk and is it one shot kill? Thanks, Mark
-
mmm Fluff.... Ahem I'll stop salavating Homer Simpson style on the keyboard! You can get hold of this wonderous marshmellow spread at the Deli in Wells-next-the-Sea in Norfolk, though think it was about £4 a jar so I only crack it out special occasions! Mark (CP's resident junk food fan)
-
Well we are including Gbic modules in this draw so any add on's to your switches will get an entry! It's also worth mentioning that you can get Cashback from HP currently on switches: http://h41201.www4.hp.com/tradein/portalPrograms.asp?portalGroupID=5 This offer is running till the 30/10/09
-
As a big Queen fan I'm looking forward to it already and dare I say it I think Cohen might well be able to pull it off. Shall be interested to see who plays the rest of the band and also whether they go for a biography style or documentary Mark
-
Well it's actually here and been reviewed by those good people at the reg: Sony PlayStation Move ? reghardware I'll reserve judgment till i've had a play though I do have a feeling like my neglected Wii after the inital shock and awe it'll gather dust until some family friendly entertainment is needed. Mark
-
Hi Adrian, Just found out that this feature will be enabled on firmware ZoneDirector Version 9 (which will be released in the next 2 weeks), with the imaginative title of "Time of Day Usage" this will give a calander, with time options, for each SSID and allow you to apply restrictions as you like. Hope that helps. Thanks, Mark
-
I strongly recco a Brother HL-2150(N) Solid units,small footprint...the TN-2120 toners carry more ink than a Humboldt and suck less : 2,500 pages (esp with lower dpi) Joe
-
Good people of Edugeek, we’re embarking on one of our now legendary CP prize draws with the sparkling price below available for one lucky Edugeeker and their site: ViewSonic Nettop http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/5267/viewsonicvot120.jpg Intel Atom 270 (1.6Ghz) 1Gb DDR2 SDRAM 2.5” 160Gb SATA 802.11N Wireless 4 x USB 2.0 With XP Home OS So what do I have to do to get my hands on this little beauty I hear you cry? Well simply enough: any orders received from now till 5th November 2010 on either HP Procurve or Dell PowerConnect switches (or associated equipment) will be entered into our top hat and a lucky winner will be picked on 8/11/2010. If you haven’t used CP before and fancy seeing what we can do on your switching needs (or any thing else for that matter!) simply drop us an email on [email protected] Good luck to you all!
-
Projector bulb exploded - What do I do?
Haptic replied to JJonas's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
Most Sanyo projectors being sold to education have 3/5yr de-install re-install warranties/Bulb warranties....worth checking that you're covered! -
FITS is alive and kicking my well learned Brethren. We've heard nothing but positive reviews of the FITS (and every other aspect of training) carried out by Lee @ NEOS (I'm sure they're a member on here)
-
Although I commend your conscientiousness I'm sure they wouldn't mind. As an employer I wouldn't care if someone brought their dirty plates to throw in the dishwasher...as long as the work was being done. (that invite is open to staff only....before anyone close by gets the wrong idea!) Joe
-
Well I picked up one of the Archos 7's for a shade under £100 and must admit in some ways a great buy (media viewing, e-reader etc) but at the same time frustrating- main gripes being v unreceptive touchscreen; nightmare to type with as keyboard disappears a lot when tapping. Also the AppsLib limitation; not sure if it'll be rectified on this unit but on the 7 you had to download Apps through AppsLib which not only was more unstable than Naomi Campbell but also a very limited selection. But let’s face it the best feature by a country mile is the lack of fruit on this... Mark
-
I clocked this quaint slice of Australasia yesterday and must admit it did make me chuckle, in particular the suggestion of "can't we just use white paint on it?" . Out of interest has anyone had this really happen in their school? Mark
-
No instructions i'm afraid as I did this many moons ago, but from what I recall the Nokia PC Suite is a must and then you just run through a step by step configurator, good luck with it- mine was painfully slow. Thanks, Mark
-
Ok here goes: District 13 - French (or dubbed if you fancy howling with laughter) Predator/Commando (anything with the Guv) Ong-Bak The Horseman (Australian, not for the squeamish) Crank And all of the previously mentioned Joe
-
We all think it's a custard pie to all Iphone/Ipad users lacking Flash! Joe
-
Hi Matt, Just had a word with one of our chaps at Extricom, try the below and this should sort it for you: To change the web admin password: - Log in to the switch via the console / serial port or via ssh (putty) to the ip address of the switch - Username = ‘root’ - Password = ‘octopus’ - At the command prompt type: o passwd admin [ all lower case ] - Enter a new password (‘Switch1’ is a good one) & repeat if asked - Type ‘exit’ on the command prompt to log out. - User should now be able to log in via the web with user name ‘admin’ and the password just set ‘Switch1’ Hope that helps. Thanks, Mark
-
Hello Niloc, I have PM'd you. Chris
-
Hello EN4, I have PM'd you. Hope it helps! Chris
-
As long as you are sorted now leco......I meant you didn't need to worry as if you have paid for the support let someone else tackle it! Afterall if you have paid extra for it why not make the most of it. Hope it helped anyway. Chris
