bknaggs
Members-
Posts
465 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by bknaggs
-
HDMI connected projectors - No Signal
bknaggs replied to petben's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
Has PowerPoint been used just before the second screen goes off? -
MSI version or version installed on our new Viewsonic screens here. Where it's installed on a PC I didn't bother with the store version as I couldn't see how you'd add the license key without manually entering it.
-
We're quite happy with AirServer here so no recommendations for anything else I'm afraid. If it's just one person would an HDMI adapater direct from the iPad to the screen work? Can't blame the wireless if they're not using it.
-
[iphone] iPhone XS “cannot connect to app store” - help!
bknaggs replied to elsiegee40's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
Force close the App Store app? -
22H2 Enablement Package via MEMCM. Compliant yet still 20H2
bknaggs replied to Gongalong's topic in Windows 10
Not sure. I'm not using MEMCM. I just wanted to point out the chain of updates that got me to a PC showing it was running 22H2. -
22H2 Enablement Package via MEMCM. Compliant yet still 20H2
bknaggs replied to Gongalong's topic in Windows 10
I found with my MDT deployment the enablement package on its own isn't enough. I deploy 2021-08 20H2 Servicing Stack Update, 2022-05 20H2 Servicing Stack Update, 2022-11 20H2 Cumulative Update and then the 22H2 enablement package and the PCs show as running 22H2. There might be a different combination that works but this is what works for me. -
If you register for a postal vote you don't need ID (and can avoid queues depending on where you live). - - - Updated - - - Agreed 100%.
-
I turned it on for office staff and left it off for most teachers. It got rid of all the complaints about Outlook freezing that used to come our way.
-
If it's not running through any form of conversion process the quality should be identical.
-
Apple School Manager - creating new users - this managed apple id is taken
bknaggs replied to TwistedHelixis's topic in Mac
For the Apple ID that has already been taken if the teacher logs in and changes the email address associated with the account you'll then be able to use the original email address as the managed Apple ID. Without enabling Federation which will take back the Apple ID after 60 days this is the only way of getting it back. -
Smoothwall update fails to install
bknaggs replied to 5tu's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I'm a bit further back than you are but I can't update from Leeds-53. In my case the solution is to download and reinstall from a USB installer which I need to find the time (and courage) to do. -
I’ve used a single USB2 to VGA adapter to add a third screen and performance isn’t great. Static stuff is fine but as soon as anything starts moving it’s really noticeable. I can’t see dual screens over USB2 working very well.
-
Outlook - auto replies everyday between a set time for user group
bknaggs replied to jblackburnHWGA's topic in Cloud Services
It looks like it can be done using Powershell https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/exchange/set-mailboxautoreplyconfiguration?view=exchange-ps -
We’ve used MCC and Jigsaw 24 over the last few years.
-
What Ad Blocker do you use?
bknaggs replied to Sonic007's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I block adverts in our Smoothwall instead. -
I use https://wol.aquilatech.com/ which I find works nicely enough. PCs can be grouped and WOL scheduled at different times for different groups.
-
SIMS server becomes unresponsive. Fine for a while after reboot.
bknaggs replied to TwistedHelixis's topic in MIS Systems
Back in the day Capita set my SIMS SQL instance to use 50% of the RAM in the server - this was their recommendation. Depending on what else your server is doing you could potentially raise that to 75% and give SIMS 12GB and leave the server 4GB. I can dig out what you need to do to restrict the RAM used by SQL if it will help. -
I've got an issue with my Smoothwall S8 that means it won't take updates. Smoothwall support have suggested the only course of action is to reinstall which I've not done before. I've seen mentions on here where people have reinstalled their Smoothwall boxes so I just wondered roughly how long it should take and if there is anything I should be aware of before I start.
-
The Solarwinds Active Directory tools are pretty good too. https://www.solarwinds.com/free-tools/active-directory-admin-tools-bundle/registration
-
[Smoothwall/LGfL] YouTube video player not loading
bknaggs replied to DeGrimmy's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Guardian / Content Modification / Manage Policies -
[Smoothwall/LGfL] YouTube video player not loading
bknaggs replied to DeGrimmy's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
We had a content modification in place to disable YouTube adverts. Disabling this has fixed YouTube for us on Leeds 63. Cloud filter didn't need any changes. -
Strange Behaviour - Insufficient system resources?
bknaggs replied to FN-GM's topic in Windows Server 2016
Run from within Windows. -
Air server is great and not too expensive.
-
We were using it but somewhere along the line Adobe CC stopped working with redirected AppData so we had to bin it pretty much straight away. I don't remember problems with any other applications.
-
I can't offer any suggestions I'm afraid but one of the Computing teachers here has reported the same problem happening in similar random circumstances. What filtering are you using? What rules are in place for Office 365 traffic?
