Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

bknaggs

Members
  • Posts

    465
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bknaggs

  1. Was the temp profile warning that nothing would be saved?
  2. User Config / Policies / Admin Templates / Microsoft Edge / Configure Favorites IF you've previously configured the same thing in Chrome the formatting is the same. If you haven't the formatting structure can be found Policy List - The Chromium Projects
  3. Can the iPads connect to anything just using a browser?
  4. The last time I tried it in Windows 10 it crashed as soon as you logged in. I didn’t see the point in going too far finding out why as every Windows 10 pc has/can have SIMS installed.
  5. Pretty certain they will. I’d be surprised though if someone is running an Android phone without one.
  6. Need to inject drivers into your boot image?
  7. Named licenses have a minimum purchase of 500.
  8. I read something in a Microsoft doc that said Insights will only apply to a Teams user with a Faculty license and not a Student license so adding it to the default policy is an easier way to go.
  9. Primo PDF is free and can create password protected PDFs. https://www.primopdf.com/
  10. I'm going to work on the principle now that this shouldn't necessarily be a secret so: This is the web version of the email we recieved https://admissionstesting.cmail20.co...08EB2E0B391E27 In my Smoothwall I've put a Do Not Filter rule in place for the following domains api.mettl.com chat.mettl.com media.mettl.com mediaserver.mettl.com node.mettl.com pr.mettl.com proctoring-socket.mettl.com static.mettl.com streaming.mettl.com tests.mettl.com turnserver.mettl.com In my firewall I've allowed outbound traffic to chat.mettl.com streaming.mettl.com turnserver.mettl.com on ports TCP 1987 TCP 1988 TCP 3478 UDP 3478 UDP 49152 - 65535 There is also a Chrome extension - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mettl-tests-enable-screen/hkjemkcbndldepdbnbdnibeppofoooio?hl=en When testing it doesn't work if you have a second screen attached. As the test is checking for webcam you need one connected. Hope this helps.
  11. I'd not seen any reference to the Mettl secure browser when I was doing my tests so I'm happy with using Chrome. The recommendations for the secure browser put me off a bit: Things to remember: To make sure that you do not face any trouble while attempting a test on MSB, please ensure the following: There are no restrictions on the network. Anti-Virus is disabled You should have administrator rights on the system and not logged in as a Guest User. Your OS is up to date with no pending installations.
  12. No problem. It should be with you now.
  13. I've sent you both a PM with the link we were sent to the test site and what I've unblocked in Smoothwall and firewall.
  14. I've been told by our exams officer that the links will be going to whichever email the candidates registered with and left it at that. I was more concerned with the firewall/web filter side of things and was happy to do a successful test.
  15. It possibly does but something didn't work one afternoon and multiple simultaneous downloads killed internet access.
  16. I've blocked the autoupdate from running and deploy new versions through GPO.
  17. iPhone SE if going the iPhone route.
  18. This might help. Teams uses some UDP ports that you might need to open in your firewall. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/enterprise/urls-and-ip-address-ranges?view=o365-worldwide#skype-for-business-online-and-microsoft-teams
  19. A batch file as a startup script calling Fontreg to install the fonts should work. Can't remember off hand when I got Fontreg from as it was ages ago but it definitely works in Windows 10.
  20. Another thumbs up for Foldr. Should you need it their support is really good too.
  21. I found when I was getting quotes to go from the free version of Meraki Systems Manager to the licensed version that included the features Apple added past iOS 9 they were at a level that suggested Meraki didn't want my custom. I think I was being quoted £25 per iPad per year and Lightspeed was £5 per device per year.
  22. We use that software with a couple of iPevo visualisers and don't get the adverts so I'm guessing they make the software available free of charge but make it display adverts if not running with their hardware.
  23. PowerPoint? If you’ve moved from VGA connections you’ll find if a PowerPoint presentation is made full screen before the hdmi connection is established the connection will be lost once the PowerPoint is either closed or brought out of full screen mode.
  24. Check there is no scheduled startup in the BIOS as well.
×
×
  • Create New...