Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

NetworkNinja

Members
  • Posts

    261
  • Joined

Everything posted by NetworkNinja

  1. Hi all, We moved to progresso during the summer holidays and it seems to be working well. We are having an issue with staff members accessing the reporting feature within progresso. The reporting option opens in SQL Server Reporting Services however clients are unable to connect to the reporting server. It seems to not work on the school domain however if using a local laptop which is not connected to the domain it works fine. Has anyone come across this issue before? My first thought was web filter (Smoothwall) however it works for the staff members on the non domain laptop but when shes on the domain it does not work. Could it be a GPO policy?
  2. We also use GDPR Sentry. Very good simple and comes with great support.
  3. I have had to install sophos onto every machine manually. I tried doing it via sccm but it wouldn't work. I think it's because it required Internet connection to install and our users dont get Internet until they are logged into the computer.
  4. Looks like a DNS Record issue then?
  5. Do you have 2FA enabled? I had this issue and password wouldnt be accepted unless I used an APP Password instead.
  6. Could you not just use a normal wall clock? Thats how it works here and the invigilators work out the finish time from when the exam starts.
  7. I still have around 500 + machines on windows 7. I wanted to upgrade many of them to windows 10 when a virus wiped out our system in the summer. Problem is at least 200 + are that old they won't work smoothly with windows 10. We have no money and governor's and SLT can't decide what to do next even though a plan has been given.
  8. I Deploy the Lanschool Application Via SCCM and then use Group Policy to assign a Channel to that room. Very simple to setup and use.
  9. This Issue has now been solved by setting the to required instead of available. Thank-you
  10. We also decided to change our Finance Package. We ended up going with XERO which is much cheaper than resource was.
  11. Thanks - That is very useful to know. I have now redeployed my apps and set them as required. I will keep checking them throughout the day to ensure they are installing. Still trying to get my head around using SCCM.
  12. Its currently set to Available. Should I change this to Required? Update - I have just redeployed the application and set it as required. Do I need to wait until the next Maintenance Windows to see whether it will install or not.
  13. Good Morning, Since our virus attack on our network we have had to rebuild everything. This included rebuilding our system center software which was done by a third party company. I am now at the stage where I want software to be installed on computers. I can't seem to get the software to be installed automatically. I have 2 maintenance windows set up to install windows updates and another for all deployments. What am I missing?
  14. We use Microsoft Teams with Planner.
  15. Good Afternoon, Our Domain Controller died a few weeks ago and we have to move all our files from that server to another server. Since then members of staff seem to be experiencing issues with office not responding. We have tried creating new profiles, deleting app data from the server and local app data. Nothing we have tried seems to work. We have changed all out GPO from the old server to the new domain controller. Anyone else experienced this before.
  16. Good Afternoon Fellow IT Professionals I haven't worked with SCCM before however the time has come for me to start planning an upgrade for our current version. We currently have a server called DB1 and this has SQL management Studio installed aswell as SCCM 2012. I have created a VM called SCCM and I would like that to host SCCM on there. The database will ideally go to our DataBase server. If there a way to backup & restore all the information to the new server. Has anyone got any advice on best practice. I know this task is not going to be easy!
  17. Does any other schools charge students for printing?
  18. That seems quite expensive... My renewal quote had gone up by around £300.
  19. CCS Media - Speak to Gayle
  20. To force AD Sync you will need to run powershell and run the following commends. Start-ADSyncSyncCycle -Policytype Initial Start-ADSyncSyncCycle -Policytype Delta This worked for me anyway.
  21. Hi all, We have recently introduced a managed print solution within our academy. The headteacher would like to charge pupils for printing if they want to go over there allowance for the year. We are planning to give each pupil £4 per year. Do any other schools charge pupils for printing? if so does anyone have a letter they sent to parents that i could nick. Finding it hard to write a letter.
  22. Hi, We have upgraded our domain controllers from windows server 2008r2 to windows server 2012r2. Since upgrading we have been unable to take full backups of these servers. It does backup data and i can restore data however the backups fail. I receive this error: Has anyone seen this before. Backup- \\DC1-SERVER.xxxxx-School.local\System?State V-79-57344-33928 - Access Denied. Cannot backup directory and its subdirectories.
  23. Just in case anyone else has this issue i have found a solution that worked for me. Windows update, stuck in ‘Checking updates’ quite long time Check the Windows update agent version, for that go to C:\Windows\System32 Check the ‘wuaueng.dll’ file version. If it the version is either of the following 7.9.9600.17031, 17415, .17729, .17959, .18039, .18094, .18145, then we need to install the patch KB3138615. https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/3138615/windows-update-client-for-windows-8.1-and-windows-server-2012-r2-march-2016 We need to Disconnect the server from network and stop the windows update service, before installing the patch
  24. This week I have performed 2 in place upgrades on our domain controllers. DC2 went perfect and everything is working fine however DC1 is not finding any updates to install. I know I should not do in place upgrades but it was our only option at this time. Anyone had this issue before. I have tried several things to get it working but nothing seems to work. Dism Cleanup - Nothing SFC Scan Now - Nothing Windows Update Diagnostic - Found errors and fixed but still not working Deleted the software distribution folder Plenty of restarts. This is a sample from the windows log file. The log has been updating all night. 2019-02-20 20:01:43:974 920 1004 AU ## START ## AU: Install updates2019-02-20 20:01:43:974 920 1004 AU #########2019-02-20 20:01:43:974 920 1004 AU # Initiating scheduled install2019-02-20 20:01:43:974 920 1004 AU WARNING: There are no approved updates to install2019-02-20 20:01:43:974 920 1004 AU # Exit code = 0x8024000C2019-02-20 20:01:43:974 920 1004 AU #########2019-02-20 20:01:43:974 920 1004 AU ## END ## AU: Install updates2019-02-20 20:01:43:974 920 1004 AU #############2019-02-20 20:02:22:632 920 1004 Misc WARNING: IsSessionRemote: WinStationQueryInformationW(WTSIsRemoteSession) failed for session 2, GetLastError=22502019-02-20 20:02:27:975 920 1004 Misc WARNING: IsSessionRemote: WinStationQueryInformationW(WTSIsRemoteSession) failed for session 2, GetLastError=22502019-02-20 20:02:27:975 920 1004 AU WARNING: Failed to get Network Cost info from NLM, assuming network is NOT metered, error = 0x802400372019-02-20 20:02:27:991 920 1004 AU WARNING: Failed to get Network Cost info from NLM, assuming network is NOT metered, error = 0x802400372019-02-20 20:02:30:194 920 1004 Misc WARNING: IsSessionRemote: WinStationQueryInformationW(WTSIsRemoteSession) failed for session 2, GetLastError=22502019-02-20 20:02:30:460 920 1004 AU WARNING: Failed to get Network Cost info from NLM, assuming network is NOT metered, error = 0x802400372019-02-20 20:02:30:460 920 1004 AU WARNING: Failed to get Network Cost info from NLM, assuming network is NOT metered, error = 0x802400372019-02-20 20:02:46:585 920 1004 Misc WARNING: IsSessionRemote: WinStationQueryInformationW(WTSIsRemoteSession) failed for session 2, GetLastError=22502019-02-20 20:02:48:445 920 1004 Misc WARNING: IsSessionRemote: WinStationQueryInformationW(WTSIsRemoteSession) failed for session 2, GetLastError=22502019-02-20 20:02:48:445 920 1004 AU WARNING: Failed to get Network Cost info from NLM, assuming network is NOT metered, error = 0x802400372019-02-20 20:02:48:445 920 1004 AU WARNING: Failed to get Network Cost info from NLM, assuming network is NOT metered, error = 0x802400372019-02-20 20:02:48:742 920 1004 Misc WARNING: IsSessionRemote: WinStationQueryInformationW(WTSIsRemoteSession) failed for session 2, GetLastError=22502019-02-20 20:02:48:960 920 1004 AU WARNING: Failed to get Network Cost info from NLM, assuming network is NOT metered, error = 0x802400372019-02-20 20:02:48:976 920 1004 AU WARNING: Failed to get Network Cost info from NLM, assuming network is NOT metered, error = 0x802400372019-02-20 20:06:17:174 920 1004 AU AU received policy change subscription event2019-02-20 20:08:17:427 920 1004 AU WARNING: Failed to get Network Cost info from NLM, assuming network is NOT metered, error = 0x802400372019-02-20 20:08:17:427 920 1004 AU WARNING: Failed to get Network Cost info from NLM, assuming network is NOT metered, error = 0x802400372019-02-20 20:08:18:396 920 1004 Misc WARNING: IsSessionRemote: WinStationQueryInformationW(WTSIsRemoteSession) failed for session 2, GetLastError=22502019-02-20 20:08:18:646 920 1004 Misc WARNING: IsSessionRemote: WinStationQueryInformationW(WTSIsRemoteSession) failed for session 2, GetLastError=22502019-02-20 20:08:18:959 920 1004 AU WARNING: Failed to get Network Cost info from NLM, assuming network is NOT metered, error = 0x802400372019-02-20 20:08:18:959 920 1004 AU WARNING: Failed to get Network Cost info from NLM, assuming network is NOT metered, error = 0x802400372019-02-20 20:11:18:042 920 1004 AU AU received policy change subscription event2019-02-20 20:16:18:831 920 1004 AU AU received policy change subscription event2019-02-20 20:21:19:684 920 1004 AU AU received policy change subscription event2019-02-20 20:26:20:460 920 1004 AU AU received policy change subscription event2019-02-20 20:31:21:218 920 1004 AU AU received policy change subscription event2019-02-20 20:32:48:282 920 9ac IdleTmr Decremented idle timer priority operation counter to 02019-02-20 20:33:09:158 920 cfc IdleTmr Incremented idle timer priority operation counter to 1 - - - Updated - - - Since Last night the only error on the log file is the following - 2019-02-21 07:27:59:687 920 1004 AU AU received policy change subscription event
  25. I would be very interested in joining. does this cover Lincolnshire?
×
×
  • Create New...