sigma
Members-
Posts
1,681 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by sigma
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
sigma replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Would it? https://yougov.co.uk/topics/health/survey-results/daily/2021/07/05/0275c/1 -
My maths and “programming” teacher at school was Tim Berners-Lee’s mum. The Duke of Edinburgh called my Dad a nutcase. My Dad had just done a presentation on exporting KP nuts at a conference and they were in the gents at the same time afterwards. One of my best friend’s sister’s husband measured Kylie’s bottom apparently for building part of a stage set. I was in a meeting at the House of Commons at the same time as Billy Bragg.
-
Yesterday as it was on the telly. My daughter was in the crowd scene.
-
Casablanca (again) on the TV yesterday evening.
-
In a previous non-school career, we had a DR Plan and used to test it every 2 years. It is fundamental that the DR plan is tested otherwise there is no way to validate that it will ever work when you need it to. Similarly, your change management processes much include checking that the DR Plan is kept up to date whenever you make a change to services or infrastructure.
-
Win a Western Digital 1TB MyPassport portable drive
sigma replied to VeryPC's topic in Our Advertisers
Me please! -
Were I that parent, I would appreciate some engagement from the school to understand my issues. I would hope that the school would go through the details with me, reassure me that my child could block the camera, reassure me about who can access my child's work ,interactions ,what they will have access to within the space and about the school's deletion policy when they go up to high school. There's a chance that I might be able to provide consent on this basis. It is important to come to a workable solution that protects the interests of the child, the parent and the school and avoiding appearing to be high-handed. It's not as though Google has not been caught out doing things that said they wouldn't oer the last few years, so it's not really suprising that there might be some hesitance. (Bear in mind, that once data is extracted from SIMS to national databases, we do not actually know who has access to it or why). As a parent, I denied the school permission to use my child's biomentric data for cashless catering. She was given a code. It worked well.
-
https://data-harvest.co.uk/ <-- These devices have worked well whenever I come accross them. The TTS Data Loggers seemed to require a lot of fiddling and diddling to get them working on Win 7 and regularly failed.
-
I have: Specify the period for auto-restart warning reminder notifications: Reminder (hours): 96 Specify the period for auto-restart immiment warning notifications: Warning (mins): 240 For staff laptops. There still seem to be complaints. My issue is with those staff who never bring their laptops to school for months at a time
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
sigma replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Had the Oxford jab on Monday. Still have aching shoulders which has nothing to to with the jab and everything to do with increasing the weights I was working out with on Tuesday. Slight tenderness at the injection site, otherwise nothing. -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
sigma replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
It came today! -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
sigma replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Group 4 shielding husband still waiting for the call.... -
Or at an elevated command prompt: wuauclt /resetauthorization /detectnow wuauclt /reportnow
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
sigma replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
That's an "offered", a bit like counting the number of home tests sent out rather than tests complete. I assume there's a number of vaccine refusers factored into that. There's also a lack of honesty about what happens after you have a vaccine. It is clear that until a high proportion of the population have been vaccinated, that "rules" will still need to be enforced to protect those that are still un-vaccinated, otherwise its the herd immunity scenario all over again. -
They have replied with a link on Twitter. Looks the same: https://www.parentpay.com/a-statement-from-our-it-security-team/
-
I really think they should have made a statement by now, even if it was just to confirm they are investigating. The current nil response and nothing whatsoever on the website provides zero confidence.
-
Getting SLT on board with Laptops for staff
sigma replied to mdrabble's topic in How do you do....it?
How is the school going to explain when pupil or parent data is exposed because a teacher was working on hacked unpatched Win 7 device with Office 2007 ? -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
sigma replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
My goodness. I hope its mild. Take care. -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
sigma replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
I use this site for UK Covid stats. Government data updated daily in an explorable format. https://www.travellingtabby.com/uk-coronavirus-tracker/local Tabs for national and death data. -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
sigma replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
In the event of an outbreak, I realise that the advice had changed, but I didn’t realise that the provider of the advice had changed. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/nov/03/advice-schools-covid-infection-pupils-classrooms-test-and-trace -
I had a good experience with Stone recently, and got decent support from them with a Lenovo wifi issue. Lenovo were useless.
-
Generally so, but sometimes the lines are a little blurry. However you look at it, they are "nuisance" calls to be reported.
-
Been on the TPS list for years. I give them Radio 4 to listen/talk to. You can also report to the ICO here: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/nuisance-calls-and-messages/spam-texts-and-nuisance-calls/
-
Is there a list of steps to diagnose slow logins on Windows 10?
sigma replied to zx2012's topic in Windows Server 2016
So it's readying the first time profile. Wired or wireless?
