Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

sigma

Members
  • Posts

    1,681
  • Joined

Everything posted by sigma

  1. I don't have full binocular vision. I use one eye at a time. I don't know what I'm missing as I've never had it. That apparently makes overtaking more challenging as I cant judge the speed of other traffic particularly well. There has to be virtually no traffic in the opposite direction before I overtake in a car or bike. I dont seem to have any problems with the fiels of vision tests when I get my eyes tested though.
  2. Was described to me when I first started riding as stearing with your bum. I usually try to choose a line that avoids manhole covers which are often positioned on corners and can be slippy.
  3. Yes I hear Imperio for Impero. A previous Network manager said Levarno instead of Lenovo and my mother aways said alumillium instead of aluminium. I say cl e matis not clem a tis.
  4. Until Public Exams are completely paperless, pupils will have to be as fluent in writing answers with a paper and pen as they are electronically. Until rules are defined by exam boards that cover proctoring software and use of paraphrasing tools, ChatGPT etc for schools similar to those applied in Universities, I can’t see it. (That doesn’t mean I am not appalled at the shear amount of repetitive photocopying of worksheets etc that goes on in schools as pupils no longer seem to be issued with books).
  5. We have pied wagtails nest building under the solar panels agiain.
  6. I imagine the pupil could spend the entire exam reconfiguring the colours.
  7. The Win 7 32 bit drivers would probably work in 8.1 or 10, just extract first before installing.
  8. Have you checked blacklists with mxtoolbox.com for example? Both the sender and the recipient. I'm not clear if it's the sender not sending or the recipient rejecting.
  9. Is it just that one client, or all their email from their BT account that has the problem?
  10. "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" DOS - a text based game! I think I still have the 5.25" floppy with the game on.
  11. When we refreshed a few years ago, we looked at everything at Bett, made a shortlist and then arranged for 6 vendors to bring a demo board to the school (on six consecutive weeks) for a demo to the teachers. It was not particularly well attended, but there was a core group of teachers for whom it mattered as to what they would be getting, and who wanted a chance to input into the decision. Some vendors left the board on site for a week so that teachers could get a feel of them. Where you go next I think depends on how much the teachers use the proprietory display capapbilites of the board, or whether they just show power point presentations. When I surveyed staff, I was suprised how many used powerpoints or just the very basic capabilities of the proprietary software. If they use the tools the are supplied with the board, can existing presentations be auto imported/converted to a different proprietory standard - generally yes. Given the costs involved, I think its hard to make the case for anything other that a basic interactive board with Microsoft/Google or other free display software. I do mean their proper interactive software not powerpoint.
  12. System restore?
  13. I liked that too. Has the makings of a second series I think.
  14. Our kerbside recycling is a wheelie bin that just goes into the truck and is sorted elsewhere BUT what they take is very restricted- for example, no glass and the only plastic being bottles yoghurt pots and food trays. We are supposed to take other items to a recycling centre. Consequently, there is problem with rural fly-tipping and roadside litter which seems to have got worse lately.
  15. Not sure exactly why I do this, but in the case of the Cumulative .NET Famework updates, I approve the latest (one month in arrears as I'm not paid to debug by Microsoft) for a small group of non-critical devices. Once it is installed and there are no problems approve for the rest. I would then un-approve the next oldest, then I decline the next oldest, but that would have been previously unapproved. So, in a: Leave (or set) 2022-08 unapproved until I'm happy with 2022-10 b: When you decline something, you are deleting and cleaning from your database. c: No. I don't auto approve. It means I get only the updates I want to be installed when I want them. There have been a number of problematic updates recently and depending what else is in them, I will bypass until the next month's cleaned up updates are released. There are always some devices that for whatever reason don't get updated when they should - ususally if they are not used, and it slows down the catchup process if superceeded updates get installed. Sometimes Microsoft gets this automatically sorted, but not always. Its now so routine it doesn't take too long. The longest part is researching the updates to make sure they are solid.
  16. Although our school filter supports ad-blocking, some of the worst are whitelisted by the ISP so I've had to overide them to stop the "Do you want to meet women" ads, which are obviously not appropriate in school.
  17. My filter does have a Hate Speech category, but doesn't include Tate. None of the sites listed above - some of which should have been categorised as social media or streaming at least just sailed straight into the browser.
  18. I've just realised that our school filter does not block Andrew Tate's own website for pupils, nor does it prevent pupils from signing up. (cobratate.com). From the marketing fluff, I wouldn't be expecting to have to block this as manual url block myself. Does yours?
  19. uBlock, Noscript , ABP variously at home depending on browsers. The school filtering blocks a few and I havw added more.
  20. As I understand it, unless a cloud based school also backs up it's cloud to a different cloud with a cloudy backup service - it's toast?
  21. Not just schools. I would have thought that much of this is unsuitable for the more lucrative business market also. Windows devices are also becomming less attractive to consumers who seem to be served by phones and tablets, so just who are Microsoft targetting their products to?
  22. Microsoft currently have this schedueled for 9th March for the stable channel. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/microsoft-edge-release-schedule?source=recommendations
  23. From the Chrome link https://blog.chromium.org/2022/09/announcing-launch-of-chrome-root-program.html Which is different to how Microsoft say they are handling this for Edge.
  24. I think we have the same problem! http://www.edugeek.net/forums/office-software/231227-normal-dotm-problems.html#post1981745
×
×
  • Create New...