sigma
Members-
Posts
1,681 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by sigma
-
Am starting to see Google's "trending searches" experimental feature on student computers with no apparent means to turn off. Documented here: https://support.google.com/websearch/thread/55550675
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
sigma replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
There's no flour to be had round here. I've also not been able to get any dried pulses apart from red lentils. Virtually no rice other than arborio - I feel a risotto happening soon... Both greengrocer and butcher were well stocked even if the prices were up a bit. Completely impossible to book any deliveries or click and collect. I have one click and collect in a couple of weeks time, and that's it. -
Issues with HAP after logging in (10.5 on 2019)
sigma replied to Kitkatninja's topic in Home Access Plus+
I would also be inclined to remove any Microsoft updated released after the Feb cumulative update and any Feb optional ones. http://www.edugeek.net/forums/windows-10/214547-march-cumulative-update-proxy-problem.html -
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-1903 (Scroll down) If you are running Win10 1903 or 1909, the problem was introduced with KB 4535996. This will be different for other releases.
-
Had so much agro from the others that I ‘temporarily’ abandoned the idea, and did a freezer dive instead. I did make some curried lentil soup for lunch today. Serves 4 Roughly chop an onion and fry with 2 tsps oil and 2 tsps curry powder for about 5 mins. Add 1ltr water, 150g red lentils, 2 sticks celery, and 2-3 carrots roughly chopped, some vegetable or chicken stock powder or cube. Simmer for 15mins then blend smooth.
-
Really sorry to hear that. I hope it’s an easy one.
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
sigma replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
No, my sleep pattern is broken. I’m alternately waking really early and then not getting back to sleep, every other morning. -
The family have already turned their noses up, but I’m going to try making some nettle soup this evening. The new growth looks quite fresh and tender and provided I don’t waste too many other ingredients if it’s not edible it’s almost a free meal.
-
Sounds good, but I'm really reticent about using 3 cans at once while this little chance of replenishment them at the moment. I'm going for using up dried pulses first I think, since there are so many more portions in a bag.
-
I suddenly have a good excuse to eat the guilty pleasures such as spam fritters.
-
Hide mobile phone number from contact pop up in Teams.
sigma replied to wakka_wakka's topic in Cloud Services
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/caller-id-policies I’m not a teams user. -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
sigma replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
It’s rather vague for school IT Staff as to whether they are key workers. https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/full-list-key-workers-whose-17952377 -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
sigma replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
I'm working from home today. I can get to the servers via Home Access Plus on my school laptop. For my own kit, I use Disconnect.me paid VPN on BT and GiffGaff with no problems. (Win 10, Android 4G) My iPad will not connect with 4G but is fine with 3G. -
[windows software] Cheap Windows Licensing / Office Licensing worries?
sigma replied to AB_IT's topic in Licensing Questions
Server licences and CALs? -
I'm probably missing something, but a teacher has asked me to install 3Dpaint "like he has on his home computer". Microsoft say its free, but it looks as though it needs to be tied to a device and user (I have a (different) school Microsoft Account but no tied devices). The Primary school pupils don't have Microsoft Accounts because they are a Google School. We have Win 10 LTSC. Any advice would be most welcome.
-
I have nothing on automatic approvals. There have been too many bad updates recently. I wait a week, if nothing bad is reported on Woody or Ghacks then approve to my test group. If all is well or a week then approve to others. We are not unpaid beta testers for Microsoft.
-
Unless the BBC redevelops some of these, they are going to stop working. They probably also fall under the part of the BBC that the government thinks should cease forthwith.
-
[quote=elsiegee40;1827142 ...starting out with punch cards. Trained as a PL/1 DB2 and CICS programmer after graduation on IBM Mainframe. Moved to Technical Support on IBM Mainframe. ...Made my fortune in the run up to the millennium making sure the bug wasn’t an issue... Left when being a Mum Me too.
-
Graduate trainee programmer in 1980. Consultant Systems Engineer in the 1990s. Motherhood 1998. Accidental School IT technician from 2001.
-
I'm finding out more as things move on. Its for payroll, they (their payroll provider, the County Council) want to move to epayslips, not via a secure portal as another school has, but to email my payslips to me. I always think of email as being like a postcard, so not particularly secure, but I have been assure that the payslip will be an attachment (.pdf) in their words "password protected". I could probably just about cope with that - I've given them one of my other school's email addys - but- the password will be given to me, and I can't change it. I could get the Office Manager to change it for me, but I can't change it myself. I now regret giving an email addy at all.
-
Is anyone using 0patch to get themselves out of a hole with sub Win 10 systems as a short term fix (or otherwise)? https://0patch.com https://0patch.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018692234-Am-I-allowed-to-use-0patch-for-free-without-purchasing-a-license-
-
Is it still under warranty, if so invoke it. I’d Check to see if Lenovo has any new driver or BIOS updates available.
