-
Posts
151 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Nausing
-
Websites that needs to be blocked for teachers and students
Nausing replied to genesis's topic in Learning Network Manager
Look into NetSupport DNA. we installed it this summer and it's easy as pie. It has a bunch of features including web filter, keyword monitoring etc. YouTube the tool they have an hour demo on it. It's had an upfront cost and then annual support. -
QA all the way. Best training provider hands down
- 8 replies
-
- itil
- qualifications
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
CompTIA and up to MCSA exams can easily be done with YouTube training I've found. As long as they are persistent
-
We introduced NetSupport DNA this year. Took ten mins to download and pushed the agent out via GPO. It has a monitoring and filtering sections built in along with loads of other useful tools.
-
Thanks for the info. There is a CN=Directorate PSO in that container but the msDS-PSOAppliesTo is not set. I can only assume this is for Direcorate and not all users whoever set it up.
-
I've checked it.. nothing in there! Mystery...
-
Thanks all for your replies however it seems it isn't listed in any GPO... The policy has been in place for many years before we introduced 2012 DCs so it wouldn't be in there.. Anywhere else it could be?
-
Hi all, All users get locked out after 3 failed logon attempts. I want to change this number to hopefully reduce the number of students locking themselves out. I can't locate the setting in the GPOs. Does anyone have a method to search all GPOs for this setting? Location GPO_name\Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Account Policies\Account Lockout Policy Thanks. Theo
-
South East London
-
Hi guys, Over the last few months I have lost my entire IT team. I'm currently alone with an apprentice (used to be 7 of us from 1st line to 3rd). I'm having trouble recruiting as the salary and contract being offered by SLT are not good. I have been thinking about introducing a managed service provider to offer 3rd line support for our VMware infrastructure and Cisco network. I have spoken to a few companies but CSE seem to be by far the cheapest with reasonable SLAs and unlimited support requests. Do you have any experience with the company as a managed service provider and offer any other companies which offer great results? Thanks, Theo
-
Our MFDs are located in staffrooms so students cannot access them but we have them setup to automap based on staff security groups with a GPO. they are also not in the printers list so no one can manually add them.
-
100 staff prints a day (photocopies are unlimited) 20 student prints a day (no access to photocopiers) students have to pay 20p for colour prints. EDIT: we print around 6k pages a day.... excluding photocopying... reading your replies this sounds terrible!
-
Same OU group but different default printer - possible?
Nausing replied to Renfield-64's topic in Windows Server 2012
You could always remove all the devices from defaulting automatically and allow the user to decide. -
Survey monkey is great. lots of features when creating surveys.. sometimes a bit too overwhelming though.
-
@jonnykewell1 Thanks for the post. Few questions. I've ran the setup.exe but can't locate any .msi in the temp folder via a search on both server and a client. I did however find an msi in the installation directory of the server named "NetSupport DNA Agent.msi" I will try your method with this msi. NetSupport have a GPO deployment section in their DNA manual but doesn't have much info on where the DNA.ini or Agent MSI is. Thanks anyway.
- 6 replies
-
- group policy deployment
- net support dna
- (and 3 more)
-
Users Home Drive shows Server Disk Capacity, not Quota.
Nausing replied to Nausing's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
Thanks for the info. Tried this with a user but no luck.. -
Users Home Drive shows Server Disk Capacity, not Quota.
Nausing replied to Nausing's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
It seems like some users have ownership and some do not. For example, I am the owner of my Home folder but I still see the entire disk size. Is there maybe another method? Yes I am using FSRM for the quotas. Thank you -
Users Home Drive shows Server Disk Capacity, not Quota.
Nausing replied to Nausing's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
Windows 7 32bit -
Thanks for your help but the script doesn't seem to work. It pops up for 2 seconds and closes C:\Count\users.csv has a list of addresses under MailAddress
- 10 replies
-
- email count
- exchange 2010
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
param ([C:\Count\users.csv] $inputFile, [system.Management.Automation.PSCredential] $credential) Sorry I have no idea what I am doing. Thanks for your help
- 10 replies
-
- email count
- exchange 2010
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
I have the file which the other .ps1 creates. Does it need to have a specific file name to import it and use? Thanks,
- 10 replies
-
- email count
- exchange 2010
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
I ran the above as a .ps1 but got an error and the powershell closed. Parameter 1, could you explain again please? Do I need to provide a CSV with MailAddress of the accounts I wish to target? Thanks!!!!
- 10 replies
-
- email count
- exchange 2010
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Hi all, I've been looking for hours and cannot find a working solution. My director wants a report/CSV showing all mailboxes and number of total unread emails per mailbox. A previous employee had created a ps1 but for some reason it doesn't output the correct files. It exports 2 files, users.csv which is a list of all mailboxes and unread_emails.csv which for some reason is blank? Thank you! The code is: ########################################################################## Scope: User & Unread E-mail Report Generation from AD Security Group # ######################################################################### param ([string] $inputFile = "users.csv", [system.Management.Automation.PSCredential] $credential) $ErrorActionPreference = "Stop" add-pssnapin *exchange* -erroraction SilentlyContinue import-module ActiveDirectory [Reflection.Assembly]::LoadFrom("C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange\Web Services\2.0\Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.dll") $service = New-Object Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ExchangeService -ArgumentList([Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ExchangeVersion]::Exchange2010_SP1) if ($credential -ne $null) { $service.Credentials = $credential.GetNetworkCredential() } else { $service.UseDefaultCredentials = $true; } function GetUnreadInboxMails([string] $emailAddress) { $service.AutodiscoverUrl($emailAddress, {$true}); $mailbox = New-Object Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.Mailbox($emailAddress) $folderId = New-Object Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.FolderId([Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.WellKnownFolderName]::Inbox, $mailbox) $folder = [Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.Folder]::Bind($service, $folderId); $result = New-Object PSObject -Property @{ EmailAddress = $emailAddress UnreadMailCount= $folder.UnreadCount; } return $result; } function ProcessResult($entry) { "{0}" -f $entry.UnreadMailCount } Write-Host "`n";Write-Host "Unread E-mails Report`n" Write-Warning `a`a`a`a"!! FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY, NOT FOR SALE OR DISTRIBUTION !!`n`n" $group = Read-Host "`nWhich Active Directory Group would you like to run the report against?" Write-Host "`nCompiling report, please wait......`n" Get-ADGroup "$group" | Get-ADGroupMember -Recursive | Get-ADUser -Properties * | Select EmailAddress | Export-Csv users.csv -Delimiter "`t" -NoTypeInformation (Get-Content users.csv) | % {$_ -replace '"', ""} | % {$_ -replace "Email", "Mail"} | ? {$_.trim() -ne "" } | out-file -FilePath users.csv -Force -Encoding ascii if (($inputFile -eq [string]::Empty) -or (Test-Path $inputFile) -eq $false) { throw "Invalid file specified ({0})." -f $inputFile } $addresses = Import-Csv $inputFile $addresses | % {GetUnreadInboxMails($_.MailAddress)} | % {ProcessResult ($_)} > unread_emails.csv
- 10 replies
-
- email count
- exchange 2010
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Effective permissions are all checked for the user. Only account with permissions over the users Home folder are the server local administrator (full control) and the user himself (full control). The user is also owner of the home folder.
