-
Posts
5,017 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by powdarrmonkey
-
Right, now I understand. This isn't at all related to Joomla, Moodle or PHP then. The file you've exported isn't a SQL file. That snippet is the top of a web page, so something has gone badly wrong in your export.
-
Silver laser labels from Staples, heat-proof and extremely sticky.
-
Ubuntu 10.10 ships PHP version 5.3.3-1ubuntu9, and if you have updated recently you've got 5.3.3-1ubuntu9.1. End of.
-
I doubt that very much; PHP major version 2 has not been in production in years now. You mean 5.3.3-1ubuntu9.1. You should probably ask on Moodle.org: Forums
-
[android] Gingerbread...denied!!
powdarrmonkey replied to Dos_Box's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
/me has a Desire Z with Froyo, no hackery involved -
Sound engineers have been doing this for years with multicore cable. I've never seen any Cat5 equivalents, but they would be useful for getting through walls, I must admit...
-
Moodle/SQL Server 2008 on WAMP
powdarrmonkey replied to arunattupurath's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
As usual, the PHP manual has it covered. PHP: mssql_query - Manual -
WordPress › WordPress Advanced Ticket System « WordPress Plugins looks reasonable, though I've never used it personally. I prefer trac, because it ties into a git code repository for auto updates, blaming, and so on.
-
Do you have a bug tracker available yet?
-
sudo apt-get install apache2 libapache2-mod-php php5-mysql mysql-server moodle
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
Held to ransom over our own data!
powdarrmonkey replied to mrstephenw's topic in Educational Software
You've also agreed "consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in King County, Washington, U.S.A. in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of the Primary Pad Web Site", and that "by posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting your Submission you are granting Primary Pad, without limitation, the rights to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat your Submission; and to publish your name in connection with your Submission." Hmm. (source: http://primarypad.com/static/tandc.html)- 25 replies
-
- collaborate
- etherpad
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
As worn by a sound engineer: "I'm not listening" (or, when part covered by a jacket, "listen").
-
4ll uR tUn32 w1Ll 83L0n9 t0 uS?
-
Certainly not. I don't trust anybody with anything, which I host everything I need myself (well, I trust my dedicated provider and ISP at arms reach, there has to be a compromise somewhere...)
-
That's because most tutorials are years old and if you're still using MySQL 4, you have larger problems. 5.0/utf-8 should be your choice.
-
access ftp server from public network
powdarrmonkey replied to Ravikumar's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
You probably need to learn about FTP's active and passive modes. -
mikegayle has been necro-threading all morning, so this doesn't surprise me.
-
Maybe if you didn't take it out of context you'd realise that your solution is stupid, not you. As he hasn't been back since asking it...
-
In the paddock next to my stupidity radar. No personal offence intended. But, really, your solution was very WTF over-engineering.
-
Who said so? Most idiotic "decrees" like this are actually locally or institutionally imposed...
-
Multi-Schedule Shutdown / Classroom Control
powdarrmonkey replied to riverphoenix12's topic in Wireless Networks
Yes (there is no software for the server, only policy templates). Yes No. I take it by 'we' you mean 'you'. If you knew already you wouldn't be asking... -
Dos_Box and Domino made a baby??
-
Oh, there's no lack of understanding. Facebook's whole business model (yes, it's a business, to make people rich) depends on you not being able to control your information. That's why there are 'flaws', 'leaks', and privacy settings nested four levels deep. Did you know, for example, that if the application platform is enabled, even if you have no applications and you are listed as invisible, any application can still retrieve your basic details? edit: any time, at will, and you don't get notified.
-
Wrong, debconf will prompt you for it.
