clockend25
Members-
Posts
795 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by clockend25
-
Has anybody had any dealing with a company called Tandem?
clockend25 replied to rush_tech's topic in Recommended Suppliers
'This website is blocked as it is categorised as spam' Lightspeed knows. -
Despite us having only one year group on site and a full body of staff, I've spent the day emptying IT suites of wholly unsupervised year 11s.
-
Has anyone applied the SIMS 2016 Spring Release yet?
clockend25 replied to rwood10's topic in MIS Systems
Yeah, it's because it's seeing the current version as 0.0.0.0 for some reason. A restart of the SOLUS agent normally sorts it, but not this time apparently. -
Has anyone applied the SIMS 2016 Spring Release yet?
clockend25 replied to rwood10's topic in MIS Systems
'Tolerance not met for target SIMS database' -
Impero - Lots of Duplicates
clockend25 replied to micky2171's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Yep. 5121 sorted this issue for us.- 2 replies
-
- computer
- duplicates
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Has anyone applied the SIMS 2016 Spring Release yet?
clockend25 replied to rwood10's topic in MIS Systems
Got a re-release of the SLG update this morning. -
Our older machines are mostly dual-cores, 4GB of RAM, and 250-500GB HDDs. We have one suite of slightly newer units with SSDs at that same spec. Recently though we replaced three of our suites with refurb HPs: i5, 8GB, 120GB SSD, and I'd imagine that's the way we'll continue to go. Twice the spec at half the price.
-
How do you keep your laptops upto date
clockend25 replied to wilson2010's topic in How do you do....it?
With great difficulty. Scheduling any shut down during work hours wouldn't go down well, so we just push them out and ask staff to make sure they shut down and install updates on a regular basis. I've also shown them how to kick the install off themselves while logged on to try and get more people updated. Unfortunately some are a nightmare and need forcibly chasing down when updates pile up. I had one member of staff bring a laptop in this week, and in the course of fixing the issue shut it down, at which point it started installing 127 updates. He wasn't happy at the subsequent delay, but was politely reminded that maybe it would be better if he shut the laptop down every now and again. That's about 5 months of updates I reckon. -
[joke] Watch IT Technicians at work LIVE
clockend25 replied to stevenlong1985's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
Fantastic. -
Assuming we're talking about a large burger in a restaurant or one of those gourmet gaffs, then I'd cut it up to make it more manageable, and then use my hands.
-
We've got a training day coming up on the 24th, so if it doesn't get pulled before then, that's when I'll go for it. I notice the SLG Spring release lasted about an hour before being pulled. Ha.
-
Afraid not. I gave up trying to work it out as the screens were generating too many false positives. They're now set as passive and simply alert us via email, without blocking any access.
-
I've set up three VMs on a spare Hyper-V host to test MDT builds and sort out working environments for curriculum clients, staff laptops, and admin machines. I'm just doing little bits when I get a chance and documenting it as I go.
-
Impero - Customer service
clockend25 replied to steven_layton_sl's topic in Network and Classroom Management
You're not the only one, and it's been the same for quite a while now. Even the email support, which was always pretty rapid, has been getting worse (48 hours to respond to my last call). -
MDT Deployment Share Rules / Customsettings.ini
clockend25 replied to Tallwood_6's topic in O/S Deployment
All your settings are under Default, but that hasn't been referenced in the Priority setting? -
APC Smart-UPS SC 450VA 230V - 1U Rackmount/Tower (SC450RMI1U) - www.misco.co.uk We've got them in all our cabs.
-
Only performance issues we've have had been linked to the size of .LDF
-
Been running it for a couple of years, hosting it ourselves. Technical side has been OK, but I'd advise you to get as many people involved in the implementation of it as possible; it really is a whole school project trying to sculpt what data you show and to who, and thinking about what impact this will have in terms of the way things are currently done in terms of attendance, behaviour, etc. We went in quite quickly and it's caused a few issues. You're also tripling your supported user base, which is fun....
-
Staff print to faculty/department accounts, but we don't do any kind of internal charging or invoicing of faculties. We just monitor and restrict, for example, access to colour printing. Students are given allowances: KS3 get £0.30 a term, while KS4 and sixth form get there's upfront for the year ranging between £4/£4.50 in credit. Students don't have access to colour printing and instead we bulk print work through reprographics as requested by teachers.
-
"Network"
-
Hmmmm.
-
Do any of you guys work in the main School office?
clockend25 replied to Snookered's topic in General Chat
Before the IT department grew and got its own office, I once shared an office with our AV tech and, bizarrely, our work experience coordinator. Very short of work space but otherwise didn't mind it too much. -
Attack of the Very PC.
-
Not our office, but our student support bods are working away from their office this morning as it's so cold. Just been down to have a look and it's currently 4 degrees in there.
