clockend25
Members-
Posts
795 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by clockend25
-
Workstation Refresh - Supplier/Manufacturer recommendations
clockend25 replied to Radlands's topic in Hardware
Refurbs refurbs refurbs refurbs refurbs. Refurbs. Almost all suppliers offering a good stock of quality refurbs these days. I've had quotes from ICT Direct, AMC Computer Supplies and CCS recently. -
That's the issue though: we haven't had a repro technician for going on two years. Granted, the teachers largely do their own printing and copying, but there's still a bit of work kicking about at busy times of the year.
-
Morning. I'm trying to allow members of staff to upload videos to shared areas from home. I've added the following to the hapconfig.xml: However, no luck. Am I looking in the wrong place? Is it even possible?
-
Imagine if you also had to oversee reprographics.... Yeah, imagine that.
-
Kings College London SAN failure and data loss post mortem
clockend25 replied to psydii's topic in IT News
Shivers down the spine reading things like this. -
Pretty windy here in the Northants. We have a canopy structure that was put in a few years ago, and the way it's going today may be it's last day; the metal supports are sound pretty ominous. The walk to the shop at lunch was one of the more interesting in recent times...
-
Generic password they need to change on first login, and a little A5 sheet of paper handed out by tutors on their first day with all the login details they need. They then have a little induction during their first ICT lesson.
-
We've been running an ancient copy of Adobe Premiere Elements for the 7/8 years, but recently purchased some Adobe CC licenses for sixth form use, so they're now using Premiere Pro which has been far more stable.
-
What solution are you guys using for OS deployment these days?
clockend25 replied to localzuk's topic in O/S Deployment
MDT here as well. Different task sequences for admin, curriculum and staff laptops, which bangs out Win 10 Education and basic apps, puts them in relevant OUs, sorts encrpytion/wifi etc for laptops. I use SCCM to manage our AV and application deployment, but haven't rolled deployment into it yet. Maybe one day... -
We actually bought some CC licenses recently to upgrade the software our Media Studies department were using. Made a difference that the minimum purchase went from 100 licenses to 25, which made it viable for us.
-
Not there this year (haven't been since 2012 ), however our principal is there as GCSEPod have featured him/us as a case study in their brochure.
-
Some sad people out there. I find most adverts annoying but there's really nothing to be offended about in any of those.
-
Schools Broadband issues
clockend25 replied to nicholab's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Hmm. Speed was back here this morning so assumed our move had been completed, but we're now seeing speeds of around 0.5MB across the site. -
Absolutely no issues with 5.4.38 for us since we upgraded over a week ago.
- 10 replies
-
- impero
- log problems
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Schools Broadband issues
clockend25 replied to nicholab's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Had the same message yesterday, a 1Gbps interface is experiencing huge load so they're moving people away over the next 24-48 hours. -
Schools Broadband issues
clockend25 replied to nicholab's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Issue today. 1/2MB speeds on our line this morning; apparently an issue with their leased line provider. Being investigated currently. -
At the moment I have only installed Win 10 on staff laptops we've issued since the summer. I am currently working on builds for admin and curriculum machines, ticking off issues as I resolve them both in terms of the build process and GPO side of things. I'll start moving over admin offices in the new year, then suites from easter onwards. Originally had an LTSB build on the go but in the end decided it was preferable to go for Education and refine that for our use. Biggest issue encountered so far was the update issues post 1607.
-
Schools Broadband issues
clockend25 replied to nicholab's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Filter 5 seems to have dodged almost all of the recent issues. Though now I've said that... -
Schools Broadband issues
clockend25 replied to nicholab's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
We've lost access to Google this morning. Is the proxy shafted? Had an email about the new certificate yesterday but I'm sure that was to be done for some time later in December... -
Truancy Call and Call Parents here; there's desktop software or can be used via the web as well. Had a look at some other options recently including SchoolComms and SIMS InTouch, but in the end decided to stay with what we have.
-
[ipad] iPad Headphone Jack Repair, Possible?
clockend25 replied to a topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
I'm in the process of sourcing the kit to replace mine after our PA blew up the socket on my phone for the second time. -
Bit of fun - who has the oldest (working) Windows domain?
clockend25 replied to 3s-gtech's topic in General Chat
28/10/2003 Two years after I left as a student, and six years before I reappeared to manage it. -
I've got this set to show only home drive and relevant shares in Office: User Configuration > Policies > Administrative Templates > Microsoft Office 2010 > File Open > Save dialog box > Places Bar Locations
