clockend25
Members-
Posts
795 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by clockend25
-
Site were in all day yesterday clearing the site. Still decided to close today. We've come in anyway because we're nutters. Looks like there's a thaw coming tonight so should be business as usual tomorrow.
-
Everyone is on a single 365 setup and staff setup their own groups and share via those. It's an absolute nightmare.
-
I've got one of these units which was ordered in error. Apparently this fits the following models: DLA2200RMI2U DLA3000RM2U DLA3000RMI2U PM me if interested. I want to make some of the money back on it but can certainly do a fair whack off the RRP.
-
It's a joke and honestly I leave the catering team to deal with them and try to stay out of things as much as possible. Absolutely useless every time I've had to contact them, and the kit they supply is an absolute health hazard.
-
I'm in the process of rolling out LANSchool and the various rooms and areas and each going in with unique channel numbers and the install's going fine. The tech console however, doesn't appear to allow me to group any of the clients, either manually or by channel number. With hundreds of clients about to be added, I'd hoped this was possible and thought I'd witnessed such a setup in a demo a few months ago. Anyone know if this is possible?
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
We have 20 of these we're looking to sell. These have been in use since 2013 in a building we've just acquired, but have been removed as we're installing Meraki units instead. If anyone's interested PM me and we can talk.
-
This is interesting as I recently introduced a new BYOD VLAN to our previously flat network, and we also have a SB-supplied router. The two gateways on the router can ping each other, but clients on each side can't, although this wasn't initially the case and SB had to do some configuration their end to ensure traffic wasn't being routed.
-
Trialing NetSupport at the moment and it does look decent, although having multiple consoles and clients isn't ideal. Looks like some decent functionality being added in this release.
-
University College London (UCL) hit by Ransomware Cyber Attack
clockend25 replied to elsiegee40's topic in IT News
Hmm. They handle our trust's central IT support. -
Wireless Access Points : Naming Convention
clockend25 replied to kennysarmy's topic in Wireless Networks
No real convention here as we're only running 32, so not hard to manage, particularly with Meraki. For the more packed areas I tend to go with [block][Floor][Location]. -
@Mic_Impero I appreciate the offer, although at this stage I think my effort is best spent in evaluating alternatives as opposed to trying to eek out something with yourselves. I was contacted on Friday and told an 'auto-invoice' had been setup for the 1 year pricing recently quoted, and have asked that this be cancelled and explained that we won't be renewing. I have to assume this has been actioned as yet again I've had no response.
-
Not particularly happy with their whole approach. Sent a long email to our new account manager detailing our struggles with it over the last couple of years and asking for some assurances going forward, as well as an idea on pricing. Heard nothing at all... Two months later I receive pricing, with a quite frankly arrogant email asking us to reply to allow them to invoice, or to supply a PO.
-
Six slices is within acceptable limits. I approve of such a start to the day.
-
[1703, cu] Windows 10 Creators Update (v1703) now available to download
clockend25 replied to Arthur's topic in Windows 10
Nice one! -
[1703, cu] Windows 10 Creators Update (v1703) now available to download
clockend25 replied to Arthur's topic in Windows 10
I've updated our MDT task sequences with the 1703 build, and now the administrator account fails to log in during the build process, bringing it to an abrupt halt. If I then try and manually log in using the same credentials provided in the sequence, it works. -
Parental reporting and sims web access - what do you use?
clockend25 replied to tj2419's topic in MIS Systems
SIMS Learning Gateway. I actually think it's a workable platform that does the job. Unfortunately it's largely been left with me to implement and as such the uptake hasn't been the best and we're not really using it to its full capacity. -
Is that update only available for Windows 7/Server 2008?
