clockend25
Members-
Posts
795 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by clockend25
-
Netsweeper with Schools Broadband
clockend25 replied to TMBS's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I was told by @SchoolsBroadband that Netsweeper didn't work with RADIUS. No idea if that's true or not, or if so whether the imminent upgrade will improve things. Anyway, I'm still having daily struggles trying to get this solution working. Biggest issues remains the BYOD network which still isn't fit for mass-use. Otherwise it's constantly battling issues emanating from a botched migration. I discovered today that my PC was able to access the internet unfiltered if I removed the proxy. Apparently an engineer looking at an issue a few weeks ago had forgotten to remove a firewall policy he set up in the process. -
Netsweeper with Schools Broadband
clockend25 replied to TMBS's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I've been told changes are automatically synced once a day around 5pm. Beyond that you'll need to request a sync from SBB. I believe when they upgrade to the next version of Netsweeper it will reference AD directly and not require syncing. -
Netsweeper with Schools Broadband
clockend25 replied to TMBS's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Dave's already aware of our issues. We're still working through the plethora of sites and services that no longer function and having consumed three weeks of my time thus far it shows no sign of letting up. It's telling that the biggest breakthrough we've had in terms of understanding the new setup came from a post from a fellow user on here. Our BYOD is now 'working' although I've got a big wedge of documentation to put together before we can realistically roll it out again to users. -
Netsweeper with Schools Broadband
clockend25 replied to TMBS's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I'm glad someone's having a good time. We're continuing to fight our way through issue after issue with their helpdesk. I'm hoping at some point I'll be able to do my job again. -
Netsweeper with Schools Broadband
clockend25 replied to TMBS's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Wasn't suggesting making it public. Just wondered if this is a case of complete incompetence on SB's part or whether a select few people have not followed procedures. Like you I've been working with their support team to resolve individual issues. Larger issues with the platform remain though and some look insurmountable. -
Netsweeper with Schools Broadband
clockend25 replied to TMBS's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Pretty much our experience as well. I'd be interested to know who did your migration as it sounds like an identical cock-up. -
Netsweeper with Schools Broadband
clockend25 replied to TMBS's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Migrated on Feb 16th. Still no functioning BYOD network. -
Bit confused. Have had our replacement certificate issued, but can't convert to PFX as this page is now not available: https://www.trustico.co.uk/ssltools/ssl-certificate-tools.php Was it that causing the issue in the first place I wonder?
-
Plenty of snow in Rugby overnight, but not much here. Tomorrow and Friday look interesting though.
-
Netsweeper with Schools Broadband
clockend25 replied to TMBS's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I'm talking more about policies and URL lists we had set up previously. As I still have access I've gone back on and retrieved this information and either configured it myself or passed it on to your support team, but this surely should have been done during the migration. -
Netsweeper with Schools Broadband
clockend25 replied to TMBS's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Sorted in the end by a couple of their techs, but thanks. The disappointing thing for me is how little of our configuration has been transferred over from our Lightspeed setup. From what I can see, all @SchoolsBroadband have done is recreate policies and ensure accounts are receiving the same level as they were before. Everything else appears to have been left for us to do, which has resulted in a huge workload over the past couple of days, and some severe disruption in the process. Your support guys and girls do a great job, but it feels like a lot of this work could have been avoided if the migration itself had been more thorough. Is there any update on when the issue with BYOD authenticating against Netsweeper will be sorted? I was told later this week... -
Netsweeper with Schools Broadband
clockend25 replied to TMBS's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Now awaiting a call back from the third time today. Seems once a ticket is assigned to someone no-one else dares touch it! -
Netsweeper with Schools Broadband
clockend25 replied to TMBS's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Anyone managed to get a WPAD file working properly with Win 10 clients? It's picked up by Chrome but Edge and IE, via the main proxy setting aren't having it. Absolute nightmare first day thus far. -
Netsweeper with Schools Broadband
clockend25 replied to TMBS's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Just logged into Netsweeper for the first time and appear to have almost no access whatsoever. FFS. -
Netsweeper with Schools Broadband
clockend25 replied to TMBS's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
We're over, however users can't authenticate on our BYOD network so that's had to be defaulted to Pupil filtering while the issue is investigated with Netsweeper. -
Netsweeper with Schools Broadband
clockend25 replied to TMBS's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Over two and a half hours into our '60-90 minute' migration and I'm still waiting for the changes at their end to be completed. -
Netsweeper with Schools Broadband
clockend25 replied to TMBS's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Moving over tomorrow. Pray for us. -
We've got about 30 cameras in our new building. The 16 we've set recording (mainly external plus internal communal spaces) are viewable via a separate workstation on the reception desk to assist the receptionist in letting people in via the perimeter gates. That's about it.
-
Amidst all of the nonsense going on here, nothing makes me angrier than this.
-
Can't get any response from their support. Could anyone still using Eclipse shed any light on what is the most current version? I've got a server version of 15.12.3.1036. They supposedly told our librarian that we need to update in order to get certain reports functioning, but provided no more information and their support site is useless.
-
Haven't received either email but have to say that's pretty poor from Lightspeed, whatever truth there is to their claims. I've never had a great impression of them and this only cements my thoughts. I can imagine SB are peeved, but hope this doesn't become too much of a distraction at a time when a lot of us are days away from being migrated to the Netsweeper platform.
-
I read far too much of that before twigging.
