clockend25
Members-
Posts
795 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by clockend25
-
PRM Greentech. PRM Green Technologies
-
[sims] Looking for Sims Learning Gateway Rollout To Parents Advice
clockend25 replied to JF10's topic in MIS Systems
We invited parents to volunteer to be part of a pilot, along with staff members with children. We then rolled out to all parents. I think the initial config can be done quite quickly (we've restricted quite a bit initially, with a view to rolling out more as we go on), it's really about you deciding what you want people to be able to access and see. For us, the bigger things were defining processes to deal with the subsequent user request. We were adding several hundred people to our support base and needed to make sure the enquiries and queries could be responded to quickly and properly. As mentioned, Capita provide quite a bit of advice through documentation on all of this.- 7 replies
-
- 2
-
-
- sims
- sims learning gateway
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
A2Z (RIP) Dell Stone Zoostorm Currently. What a collection. Will look at Very PC when we next refresh, although when that will be I don't know.
-
It's available for me...
-
Controlled Assessement domain accounts
clockend25 replied to maxrebo's topic in How do you do....it?
I used to do that but now we use Impero to lock down classes for specific assessment conditions. More flexible and the more savvy staff can quickly set things up themselves. -
HOI4 has been pushed back to 'late Q2 2015'. Grrrrr.
-
New BBC Site Format - Argghhh, my eyes, I'm blinded!
clockend25 replied to tech_guy's topic in General Chat
It's a poor effort. Not really much of a 'design' at all. Bit strange really. -
Been using PRM for about five years now and never had a problem. They're in here again next week as I seek to reclaim some of our storage.
-
We backup the whole VM, never had an issue. The exceptions being our file servers where we backup the volumes and system state, primarily in order to try and get the deduplication savings into our backup totals. Unfortunately there's an ongoing issue whereby DPM keeps failing to copy de-duped volumes onto tape, and MS have done sweet FA to resolve it.
-
We used Digital Kitbag - We market your business online to get you more customers - Digital Kitbag recently as a cheap option of putting in place a better looking website until we can afford a proper new design. They design I think six pages, and then hand it over. We've found the CMS to be pretty decent as well.
-
[website] How close are you to the political centre?
clockend25 replied to sparkeh's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
I got nine. Not the most in-depth set of questions though. -
It's not that much of a hassle to have to kick off a build. We have ours configured to apply different builds depending on whether it's a laptop or desktop, and install different applications based on that as well. Only a computer name needs to be entered and off it goes. In terms of the updates, I recently slipstreamed a shedload into our install image and it's cut the deploy time on our laptop builds in half.
-
IT Budget 2015 - What's your big spend?
clockend25 replied to Dos_Box's topic in Budgets and Expenditure
I have about four suites that are overdue a refresh. If I can get one in before September rolls around I'd be delighted. -
We've got Planet Rock on the go.
-
What backup solution are you using
clockend25 replied to tobiasclarity's topic in Enterprise Software
DPM. Though my attempts to get the de-duplication support working properly ended in failure, so i'm going to rebuild the server from the ground up in a final attempt to sort it. -
Some of ours have really gone to town....
-
I haven't used them yet, but our previous AV tech used them extensively and never had a bad word to say about them.
-
I make a point of trying to be as active as possible at work. We have a fairly large site so I can clock up some decent mileage throughout the day getting around to different jobs around the site. Our server room is also at the opposite end of the site to our office, so any work over that way means a trek.
-
For staff: Minimum Length: 6 Passwords remembered: 5 Must meet complexity requirements: Yes Minimum Password Age: 3 Maximum Password Age: 90 Failed Logon Attemps Allowed: 5 Pretty standard.
-
What I was doing in this job 16 years ago.....
clockend25 replied to kennysarmy's topic in General Chat
Yep, I'd have been in Year 9 at that point. How big was your network then? I think even by 2001 when I left school ours only had one, possibly two suites max. -
Ofsted are in so it's fairly quiet. I've got a few laptops for new staff building via MDT and I'm trying to sort out some comparative quotes on our fixed lines and mobiles as that contract is coming around for renewal again. Also chipping away at some other documentation, and began some work to put together an 8.1 build in MDT ready to rollout to a suite or two later in the year.
-
"She's still in a state of shock now."
