Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Michael

Edu Supporters
  • Posts

    12,849
  • Joined

Everything posted by Michael

  1. Morning all, Is anyone using the Official UniFi Hosting - 100 device limit for (I believe) $199pa (£160)? This is in direct replacement to an on-site Cloud Key.
  2. Several things come to mind - - Perform a factory restore - Update iOS to the latest - In Apple Configurator, untick the Add to device Enrollment Program (for affected iPads) - When in Mosyle MDM, navigate to Management > your iPad and make sure it reads > Current User: Shared device (your group name) I've observed similar/odd behaviour when an iPad was previously in another MDM either known or (even if it's a refurb), it might have been used in another MDM in a previous life.
  3. Thank you - just to confirm the upgrade was successful as required. The reason I required this ISO (for reference) is because Microsoft allowed Windows 7 > LTSB 1507 upgrades, but then blocked Windows 7 > LTSB 1607, LTSC 1809 or newer, so this is the only workaround without wiping the computer.
  4. Thank you - downloading from there as we speak, so fingers crossed it'll work as required.
  5. Morning all, I wouldn't normally ask for this, but does anyone have a genuine copy of Windows LTSB 1507 x64 ISO I can download please? I know it's completely unsupported, but I need it to upgrade Windows 7 > Windows 10 LTSB 1507 > Windows 10 LTSC 1809 - thank you!
  6. Michael

    SIMS Patches

    I don't think you can - from memory this'll still upgrade the server instance, as you can't have multiple SIMS client versions.
  7. And uses smtp-hve.office365.com instead of smtp.office365.com I'm not entirely clear why or how this is any more secure than an existing account, given the parameters are pretty much identical.
  8. I think the suitable alternative will be a Microsoft High Volume account, which is currently in preview. This allows - - Emails to be sent internally to your tenancy - Supports third party applications - Uses Port 587 - Requires TLS So almost identical to what we're doing now, so I suspect Admins would just need to enroll existing O365 accounts as Microsoft High Volume. I believe we'll be able to specify 20 accounts per tenancy which is plenty. This is far more straight forward than OAuth2, such as Papercut's guidance which just made my head hurt.
  9. I'm not sure, what I'm unclear about (as quoted off Microsoft's website) SMTP Auth now supports OAuth, but most devices haven't been patched to support this. Only SMTP Auth with Basic Authentication, which I presume what 99% of Admins are implementing, even if you're using a software layer such as Papercut. I believe Papercut supports OAuth, but like I say, in smaller environments using the MFPs own 1990's interface I can only see this working after a firmware patch.
  10. Another option is to register a subdomain migrate.school.sch.uk and register the new tenancy against this to unlock features. Licensing quotas are reduced, but it's only temporary until the real school.sch.uk domain is registered in the new tenancy.
  11. It sounds more like you need to change/update all existing users to be migrated in your existing tenancy from @school.sch.uk domain to @onmicrosoft.com or another @school.sch.uk domain. Your real school domain cannot exist in two tenancies. This is why it needs to be planned. I've actioned such changes, but always July/August time in the holidays.
  12. Just curious how this will work with printer/photocopier manufacturers who have 1990's web interfaces - there are quite a few out there!
  13. Not seen anyone post these interviews from BETT 2024 (apologies if they have) scroll down for each: Arbor Bromcom SIMS All other interviews
  14. One on prem DC communicating with pool.ntp.org GPO pointing workstations to on prem DC.
  15. Afternoon all, Thought I'd share this, as I've learnt something new and could save you a small fortune if you have a number of domains. This applies to .com .net and .org domains, but not .uk When your domain renews at Registrar A for 1 year, this actually includes a 45 day grace period as described by icann here If you then moved your domain to Registrar B within the 45 day grace period, you're again billed for 1 year at the new registrar, but at this point you're effectively billed twice as the expiry date does not change. The onus is then on you to go back to Registrar A and ask for a refund in full, so long as it falls within the 45 day grace period. In my case the transfer of domains and billing were all resolved within the 45 day grace period. As to what happens if you transferred your domain within 45 days, but then queried the bill retrospectively after 45 days I don't know the answer! Overall in my case I saved a whopping £17.25 with just two domains. Should I have known this? I don't know, as it's not everyday I move around domains to be perfectly honest. I hope this helps someone else!
  16. I have observed similar recently funnily enough with Mosyle and iPads on iOS16, but the connectivity was definitely not an issue. I found a combination of restarting the iPad multiple times and manually pushing the App on just that device seemed to do the trick.
  17. Hi all, I've been asked to configure S/MIME for Google Chrome users following this guidance, but it doesn't work. I've deployed the MSI and I can observe it's installed on a workstation and copied/pasted this as the policy value: maafgiompdekodanheihhgilkjchcakm;https://outlook.office.com/owa/SmimeCrxUpdate.ashx It also gives an example in the GPO: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa;https://clients2.google.com/service/update2/crx abcdefghijklmnopabcdefghijklmnop User Config > Policies > Admin Templates > Google > Google Chrome > Extensions - Configure the list of force-installed apps and extensions Rebooting doesn't change anything and only prompts the user to re-download the software in OWA. Any suggestions?
  18. Wave 9 - happy to report no issues!
  19. Working fine with O365 SSO.
  20. Over the years I've had various alarm panels upgraded to digital - in the form of a network card and/or a 4G SIM or both. Some require additional firewall rules and some work with no additional configuration. The only other cost to factor in is an Ethernet port next to the alarm panel, directly from the nearest cab/server room to remove any possible links in the chain.
  21. I've started the move to Krystal in response!
  22. I've started the process also moving to Krystal - their online chat facility was very useful without the need to register first! - Registered and configured 2FA via the MS Authenticator - Opened a ticket and sent them a list of .sch.uk domains to add - All that's left is to change the domain TAG to KRYSTAL out of term time (end of March for me) - Update my nameservers as they were before - Once the TAG is changed, the renewal will be set to a long date in the future by Krystal support - Bye TSOHost, it was great whilst it lasted - no complaints over the years!
  23. Received today from TSOHost - We're emailing to let you know that we will be discontinuing renewals for a range of tsoHost's TLDs from Tuesday 30th April 2024 and that this will impact one or more domain names in your tsoHost account, which include: XYZ What does this mean? After Tuesday 30th April 2024, we will not renew any impacted TLDs. Whilst affected domains will remain active between Tuesday 30th April 2024 and their current scheduled expiration date, customers will no longer be able to manage their DNS through tsoHost, and arranging changes (for example, completing a transfer process) could be more complicated. For the reasons mentioned above, we would strongly recommend that you transfer all affected domains to a new registrar before Tuesday 30th April 2024.
  24. Something like this will do the trick - MsiExec.exe /X{EB6E9B60-11A2-415A-8F0A-D54F1EA45A96} /q MsiExec.exe /X{839FB6AD-0623-469E-BCC9-3249A8BF74C4} /q The SIMS directory in Programs Files can be deleted also using a script 'as is'.
  25. Yes - Microsoft have published an advisory in O365 they're removing an Exchange update. There's an update due at 11am today, however it was already working when I tried 10 minutes ago.
×
×
  • Create New...