Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Michael

Edu Supporters
  • Posts

    12,849
  • Joined

Everything posted by Michael

  1. Yes, you can host as many repositories as you require under a single Github account. I don't know if there's a hard limit.
  2. I found out yesterday Fileset 2702 is to be published, as Fileset 2701 has issues (apparently) - but it won't be until after Census on Thursday.
  3. The latest I've observed this behaviour is with NetSupport's Classroom.Cloud. Contact their support and there's a workaround whereby you can apply a GPO to change the behaviour of the Classroom.cloud client. This applies after the device has been restarted.
  4. On top of this, Fileset 2702 is to be published, as Fileset 2701 has issues (apparently) - but it won't be until after Census on Thursday.
  5. I believe you can specify multiple MX servers in the same TXT file, however personally I'd advise against this for security reasons. Regardless if you have multiple O365 tenancies/schools, or a single O365 tenancy with multiple domains, each will still have a separate MX record, therefore I would have separate files for each. I'd also advise against using criteria such as: *.mail.protection.outlook.com As again, this would apply to any O365 MX record and defeats the objective.
  6. Agreed - that's why I think Github's a better bet.
  7. DKIM Upgrade 1024 > 2048 bit Depending on the age of your tenancy, you may need to review/rotate and upgrade your keys as follows - Sign into Exchange: Import-Module ExchangeOnlineManagement Connect-ExchangeOnline Run the command: Get-DkimSigningConfig -Identity yourschooldomain.sch.uk | Format-List Review the following lines towards the top: Selector1KeySize : 1024 Selector2KeySize : 1024 Towards the bottom: Guid : 12345678-ABCD-1234-1234-123456789ABC Now run: Rotate-DkimSigningConfig -KeySize 2048 -Identity 12345678-ABCD-1234-1234-123456789ABC Run this command a second time: Get-DkimSigningConfig -Identity yourschooldomain.sch.uk | Format-List Review the following lines towards the top: Selector1KeySize : 1024 Selector2KeySize : 2048 RotateOnDate : 15/05/2024 09:00:00 (approx. 4 days time) Repeat this process on the 15/05/2024 after 09:00 (in this example): Get-DkimSigningConfig -Identity yourschooldomain.sch.uk | Format-List Rotate-DkimSigningConfig -KeySize 2048 -Identity 12345678-ABCD-1234-1234-123456789ABC Both keys should now read 2048 bit: Get-DkimSigningConfig -Identity yourschooldomain.sch.uk | Format-List Selector1KeySize : 2048 Selector2KeySize : 2048
  8. Not sure what solution I (or anyone) can do about it linking O365 > G Suite, but then again native G Suite tenancies probably also have this issue!?
  9. Also, the best advice I can offer is to sign up to the NCSC and gives some useful advice, especially with email traffic. Here are the settings I use: DMARC + DMARC Insights Type: TXT Name: _dmarc Value: v=DMARC1; p=quarantine; sp=quarantine; aspf=r; adkim=r; pct=100; rua=mailto:[email protected]; ri=86400; rf=afrf SPF Type: TXT Name: @ Value: v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com include:_spf.google.com -all DKIM Enable in O365 Type: CNAME Name: selector1._domainkey Value: selector1-school-sch-uk._domainkey.school.onmicrosoft.com Type: CNAME Name: selector2._domainkey Value: selector2-school-sch-uk._domainkey.school.onmicrosoft.com Wait 5/10 minutes, then return back and select Enabled. TLS/TLS Certificates - Nothing further to action. TLS-RPT Type: TXT Name: _smtp._tls Value: v=TLSRPTv1;rua=mailto:[email protected] MTA-STS Head over to Github and create a free account, then click here scroll down and select Use this template Name your Repository: yourschooldomain.sch.uk and select Create Repository Select the .well-known folder, then select mta-sts.txt (edit, middle right) and copy/paste: version: STSv1 mode: enforce mx: yourO365record.mail.protection.outlook.com max_age: 1209600 Then click Commit changes Head back to your DNS editor and create: Type: CNAME Name: mta-sts Value: yourGithubaccountname.github.io Type: TXT Name: _mta-sts Value: v=STSv1; id=20240510 (id = today's date format) Return to Github: Click Settings (top, middle) > Pages (left, middle) Enter the custom domain: mta-sts.yourschooldomain.sch.uk and select Save Wait for the certificate to be generated, then below tick Enforce HTTPS Return to the NCSC portal: https://my.ncsc.gov.uk/mailcheck/domain-security/yourschooldomain.sch.uk For an overview. All being well, it should be green ticks all round, or you can select More Information per category if there's still an issue.
  10. It's simply a case of navigating to Organisation > All Users > Invite User > enter their school email address, then change the login provider to Microsoft from Classroom.cloud Specify the required permissions, then select Invite. Repeat for all required DSLs.
  11. Where did you extract this info?
  12. Same here, never at SIMS launch.
  13. The movement between October > January is always statistically low, but I suspect the numbers will be larger again post May Census, with a lot of schools changing February/March time.
  14. Just curious, but do these problems show up on a standalone/home device for example and nothing to do with your local domain devices when signing in using a school account?
  15. I'd agree this is to do with the GD client and not the user file cache, which is stored in their Windows profile - C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Google\DriveFS
  16. Yes on all, but no issues to report.
  17. How do you mean only cached files stored?
  18. What's strange is I haven't had this issue at any of my schools. Presumably it's files from a Shared drive, but then Google's good at identifying the user who either moved or deleted said folder.
  19. You can buy faraday pouches on known auction sites for little money. It's a better look than a Hoola Hoop bag around town Some cars now allow you to disable/switch off keyless entry and some fobs are based on movement, not just the signal itself. Keeping the fob as far away from the front door certainly helps, both physically and signal wise when not in use!
  20. Exactly - you can't plan for every eventuality, but I'm not willing to discuss internal processes. Only I know they work and have been tested (just like fire drills) and do vary slightly from school to school as you would expect.
  21. In my experience in most cases you can't. Someone has to physically press a button at the panel. I suspect all brand new fire alarm panels probably have this feature built in.
  22. Three steps I've observed adopted - - Where possible, use different ringing patterns with the existing fire alarm system - fire always on - lock down, three bursts one after the other etc... - Use your telephony to call all handsets internally - Adopt a codename as to not worry younger pupils
  23. I installed Google Chrome and uninstalled Internet Explorer years ahead of Microsoft adopting Chromium! Personally I find Chromium Edge is still more cumbersome with Microsoft pushing Bing and the Bing toolbar etc... I know you can correct this behaviour with GPOs, but all my users are familiar with Google Chrome so I see no reason to change.
  24. I read it as 100 Unifi devices, rather than client numbers, but it is a valid question whether there's a hard limit here too. Even a small Primary could easily hit 100 client connections.
×
×
  • Create New...