Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Boredguy

Members
  • Posts

    4,103
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Boredguy

  1. I signed up to Costco and make at least 2 trips a year to the nearest one for some things. Sometimes it's worth the 90 min trip just for the trays of scones or danish pastries.
  2. As @DalekSec says if he wants to do proper streaming your better off with 2 rigs. For a nice "Gaming" rig I can point you to a supplier that has kit branded by a top simulation streamer (from entry level to quite high spec inc water cooling) for a reasonable price. For a streaming rig, you can get away with an i5 or similar processor but get a decent graphics card for the rendering and an elgato capture card is a good choice.
  3. A lightbulb has just gone on as he installed it via a RDP session
  4. MS Endpoint protection installed happily on our Windows 7 stations
  5. Not had that reported by our 2 exam students so far. Could it be a keyboard issue more than software?
  6. I've just done a test e-mail for our wilts domain and so far not had a NDR come back
  7. I sent the delist request to Invaluement which was mentioned a few posts previously for our domain
  8. Just had a lovely chat with SWGfL Support (*waves* as they are reading this thread after I mentioned it) and they are still looking into it as the support update wasn't quite correct.
  9. We raised this with the SWGfL yesterday afternoon as they hold our DNS records (and the spf records were flagged as being incorrect according to O365) and they had lots of other schools logging similar mail issues.
  10. We've started putting in Hikvision cameras for internal coverage and so far they have been fine and work happily with our free NVR software.
  11. You can add additional exam boards into the config file so you can pick them from the drop down list
  12. Denied I want that month off
  13. It could be that on the whole education and personal users deploy the monthly windows updates to clients on a faster turnaround that larger establishments such as NHS trusts.
  14. We're moving to SCEP once I work out which SCCM licence I need to buy for the server install. Currently on Sophos
  15. RM were aware of the issue around 11am as I'd called them up and spent 8 minutes on hold. It did take 30 mins from my call before the SWGfL status page updated to show the issue. Sometimes it does seem if the issue notification system is a tad on the slow side.
  16. Thankfully if it's just the printing side I can just update the network client. I'll update the local version on the laptops as and when I have to set them up (which should just be 3 of them)
  17. Just downloaded 2.1 from the web and it's running ok on W10 Anniversary edition
  18. but think of the streamlined desktop wallpaper we get.
  19. Thats explains why you were so quiet. Only took 15 mins on my home PC.
  20. Well reading that user guide has confirmed we won't be moving to it now since we have 1 device out of 67 Promethean IWB's that has a HDMI connection, and that is the ActivPanel we only had installed a few months back.
  21. Considering we appear to be on the verge of banning students mobile devices, I can't see a benefit of moving, so will likely stick with ActivInspire for a while yet (heck most of the stations are still on version 1 never mind version 2!)
  22. We have the paxton software running on a Windows 2012r2 server happily, and the client runs on Windows 7 and Windows 10 fine for making changes since it's mainly via .Net framework. The readers we have also work happily with our impro RFID tags that we use for our external gate as well as the normal paxton/mifare chips
  23. Touching a very large chunk of wood, we've not yet had any issues on V6.0.45, and it actually fixed the lack of reports we had in V5. It is a tad slow at times, but thats likely down to the fact the server is currently running with less ram than recommended but that is scheduled to be addressed in the Easter Break.
×
×
  • Create New...