Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

theeggmaster

Members
  • Posts

    641
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by theeggmaster

  1. We use RealSmart for our website. We use more than just their website service, but they do offer just websites too.
  2. I agree with you on this. All of our internet browsing is authenticated to AD, even on BYOD, and our 1 day guest passes are to a named visitor in case of any misuse.
  3. This would be great as I've just had to superglue the zip on my bag back together so it stays closed at the end!
  4. My PC isn't actually too bad, but it is 7 years old. Core i7-2600 with 4Gb RAM and an SSD to keep it ticking over. Out of warranty, so I'm going to use it until it eventually falls over.
  5. I bought one of these from Dealextreme. It arrived last week and it's brilliant for the money! Just plug in your Pi, attach the HDMI and screw it together.
  6. https://www.remove.bg/ - Remove backgrounds from pictures of people. I think it's witchcraft as it works so well.
  7. Impero have a video on exactly that subject.
  8. We use United Carlton. Based in Washington and their service engineers are really goo. 4 hour callout but they're always earlier than 4 hours.
  9. We've just bought Chromebooks to replace our iPad 2 devices in SEN. The Google Drive app stopped working on them, and it has a requirement of IOS10 too.
  10. I think it's down to the adverts on the sites you're visiting. I get a noticeable pause on some newspaper websites with lots of adverts, but not on many other sites.
  11. We do this using a report in SIMS that we created, and we then upload to a Google Sheet which tracks the rewards when the student cashes them in. We use the 'Total Achievement Points' field from the 'Conduct' section of the report editor.
  12. Our LA (North Tyneside) partner with Think IT.
  13. I think the £10,000 per year is excessive, and maybe only worth it in the first year if the implementation was quite a big change and you needed supporting through the process to give you (and the school) peace of mind. After year 1 I'd doubt whether it was worth it.
  14. I think if anyone spent that much, they'd get sacked. Our Equinox servers are that price in total, spread over 5 years.
  15. We had two Stone Equinox servers installed in the October half term. I'm very impressed with the quality so far, and their support seem proactive. The installation and migration went with barely a hitch. The only things we had to do port migration was upgrade the Hyper-V Integration Services from 2012 R2 to 2016 to allow Veeam to create recovery snapshots, and Impero thought it wasn't licenced, but it just needed the licence key re-entering.
  16. I've got one DbAttach.exe under Binn, but then I've also got a folder in Binn called FMSSQL and in that folder there is a different DbAttach.exe for FMS.
  17. That's what this site is all about (helping and learning new things, not hanging heads in shame).
  18. I nearly didn't put that bit in as I didn't want to sound like I was being condescending, but now I'm pleased that I helped!
  19. Our LA did a presentation earlier this week where they're expecting to move to cloud-based SIMS in 2021.
  20. You'll need to purchase a licence for TeamViewer, though.
  21. They can still edit the documents within the folder when it's in 'Shared with me', but they won't be able to see it in their drive or move the folder within another folder until they move it into their 'My Drive'. You can do this by clicking the link from the email, clicking the name of the folder at the top and selecting 'Add to My Drive'. I think if you make someone the Owner of something, it automatically appears in their 'My Drive', but you can only do this for one person (and you probably don't want to).
  22. https://www.northeastjobs.org.uk/job/DBS385_18_Network_Manager_Technician_Valley_Gardens_Middle_School/181276
  23. We currently use Bromcom Webfolder SD which allows you to do SIMS registers via a web browser.
  24. It's definitely around safeguarding and accountability for us. If the access is misused in some way, how do you prove who has done what?
  25. We have a BYOD network that students/staff log into using their AD accounts through Radius. External guests are registered manually by us on a portal for a one-day, three-day or five-day login, which automatically expires after that period of time.
×
×
  • Create New...