Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

theeggmaster

Members
  • Posts

    641
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by theeggmaster

  1. Just been asked by our Headteacher if there is a way to print a month of Google Calendar events. There is in Google Calendar, but it cuts off the details if it's more than a couple of words. Had a look online and found Print My Cal, which wraps the text and also gives you some formatting options. You can also export to RTF to edit yourself. Hopefully this is useful to someone.
  2. Could you put the label underneath the battery, or have a custom desktop background for each?
  3. Lots of thanks to @ICTDirect_Dave for his help on this. Order placed.
  4. I was lucky as I purchased TeamViewer 10 with 3 seats when they still did perpetual licences. Got 10% off for educational discount at the time, and it has paid for itself.
  5. I need to get 23 half-height graphics cards as cheaply as possible. I'm happy to have second-hand or refurbished. Has anyone got any good ideas on how I can purchase these?
  6. If I'm asked to put BitLocker on a stick, I back everything up to Google Drive before I encrypt it. I then share it with them, make them the owner and remove my access. That way, I can't be blamed for any data loss as I know it's definitely backed up. Bit of a pain when it's a 2Tb USB hard drive.
  7. You could try SDFormatter or FAT32Format. I imagine it may be a faulty memory stick, however.
  8. Google have just started to introduce it so it gives you the opportunity to check that the account you think you're signing into is the right one. It's annoying, but we have had issues on shared computers at home where staff are signing into each other's accounts, or parents/children do the same.
  9. 4Gb for Domain Controllers and 16GB for SIMS. We have 192Gb in each of our two physical hosts.
  10. I have a batch script that Capita provided to me when they moved our SIMS from hosted to in-house. I run this every morning, then the files are automatically copied to our file server, which is then backed up via Backup Exec to a NAS. I also do a Veeam backup of the whole server every night.
  11. I had this issue with a couple of users this morning, and I have seen it in the past. It usually goes away after a while, so I've just been downloading things as PDF and printing locally outside of Chrome.
  12. There is a thread here where people have discussed this.
  13. Yes, that looks to be the case. On my FMSconnect.ini, it has our server name instead of (local).
  14. Take a look at the FMSconnect.ini in the FMSSQL folder within SIMS.
  15. I'll certainly give that a go later this week.
  16. Unfortunately, when I look in the User Profiles section to delete them, their accounts are not appearing (there are lots of strange things happening on this network). I've tried resetting their profile in RM, but this doesn't fix the issue.
  17. I'm currently helping another Secondary school out with their IT. They run an RM CC4 network (which is something I don't have much experience in), but I'm coming up with a Sibelius issue on Windows 7. A small number of students are getting a prompt for an Admin username and password when they try to run Sibelius. However, it's not down to the machine as other students can log onto the same machine and get Sibelius running. I can also run it successfully as an admin. Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?
  18. I've got 4 x 12 port power injector switches in our storeroom (i.e. can provide power and data to 12 devices per switch). They were installed before I started as part of a wireless installation. They're not needed now as we got a new network (with PoE) when we moved into this building, two years ago. They ran along nicely and I didn't have any issues with them at all.
  19. Just finished a webinar and got the following post-webinar questionnaire:
  20. We've got the Stone Equinox platform with two nodes. It was installed in October 2018, and I've been really impressed with them so far. Another school I'm helping out in has HP Simplivity, and they seem good too.
  21. I used the Microsoft Easy Fix download on the link you shared when I was setting ours up. Worked really well and easily.
  22. We've just moved our file server from having physical storage to being contained within the file server VM using disk2vhd. Worked brilliantly for both home drives and our shared drive.
  23. If we catch the pupil doing the damage, we charge the parents. However, we have the same issue as mentioned above where our Media Suite (30 iMacs) hasn't been 'owned' by one teacher. As there is no ownership, each keyboard has at least one key missing, with the membrane under it being ripped, so it can't be repaired.
  24. On top of this, you also have Google Vault, which archives email, chats, groups, Google Drive, Team Drives and conversations/recordings in Hangouts Chat and Meet for as long as you want the retention period to last.
  25. It is free as long as no-one using it is being paid to use it, so if you're using it for your job, then it counts as commercial use to them.
×
×
  • Create New...