Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

pooley

Members
  • Posts

    1,832
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by pooley

  1. Now thats a shame, I wonder if they will "leak" it to the cydia (jailbreak) community?
  2. I found this in our Art cupboard, I have no idea when i was ordered or by who. Made by Genius, but I doubt they are as clever as their name!! Spot the mistake ?
  3. I too have invited to give, pm me if you want one
  4. I have had to do this before, thank "deity" for powershell. As an aside, could this have been achieved if the OP was using live@edu?
  5. Ok still not getting anywhere. Put user and pc in own OU, same results, Desktop ok but not documents. Gave uses home drive "y" set gpo to map my docs to home drive, Y drive maps fine, My docs still empty, saying 2 library locations (both local) I have this working at another school, but using the same settings her is failing, not sure what to try next? Any suggestions ?
  6. Ok so mixed xp/Win7 domain at the moment (Will be straight win7 by sept) XP foldeer redirection works fine for desktop and my docs. Win 7 redirects Desktop fine but not My docs. Gpresult says the GPO has applied (Obviously as its the same gpo as the desktop redirect) Eventviewer shows a folder redirect event for the desktop folder but nothing is mentioned about the My Docs. I have created a new gpo just for the My docs redirect, gpresult says YES but computer says NO (well pc shows no sings of a my docs redirect at all) GPO setting is Create new folder under \\server\staff$ , do not grant exclusive ticked, move contents ticked and apply to win xp etc is ticked. Any suggestions ? Si
  7. ------------------------------------- "JailbreakMe 3.0" will support all devices from - iPhone 3GS - iPhone 4 [GSM] - iPhone 4 [CDMA] - iPod Touch 3G - iPod Touch 4 - iPad 1G -iPad 2G * Supports iOS 4.3.3: To free your device out of its bondage, go to "jailbreakme.com" on your idevice and follow the instructions. Happy jailbreaking If you are having issues, clear Cache and Cookies in settings app and then reboot. If you are grateful and are willing, consider donating.===>Click Here NOTE: Comex also released in Cydia Tweak PDF Patcher 2, the successor namesake tweak that allowed users who used to close the loophole used JailbreakMe. The new tweak does exactly the same thing then, after doing the jailbreak, I strongly recommend you install this tweak.
  8. GEt a new screen and digitizer for your broken iphone?
  9. Ok so I'm down to 14st3, finally broken through my 14st 7 plateau, but most noticeably is I've dropped to a 34" waist from 38" at Xmas and 40" at the beginning of September last year. Still doing circuits at least twice a week (if not 3) and have started to add a gym/weights session in to mix things up. Maintaining salads for lunch and a healthy dinner. Not sure how much more weight I'd like to lose, maybe down to 13.5 but it's nice to see my gut disappearing How's everyone else doing?
  10. We have all the 2simple stuff along with the online Purple Mash, accessto knowledgebox and kudlian suite for osx. Think ill try a bit of animation with the 3/4's and Programming with the older ones.
  11. I like the look of Microsoft Kodu, as @garethedmondson says it should be good for Year 5/6. Anything for years 3/4 ? They always seem to miss out.
  12. Thanks, we have camera's down as far as nursery so we fine on that side of things.
  13. This may ramble a bit I have been asked by the HT and by the ICT co-ordinator what "should" our children be doing/using IT wise and what to develop with them next. Now we have individual email accounts for years 3 and above - I will be supporting new staff in using this more effectively with the children. Each class has a digital camera and flip cam - again I will be showing how to edit pics and vids We have no space for anymore pc's in and around the school!! The HT has her heart set on handheld devices - ipads/ipods etc, is anyone using these effectively in a Primary school environment? I am considering starting up a computer club, does anyone do this for Primary, and what years? My thinking is to target Year 3/4 initially and get their skills moving on, but I'm not sure what the club should/could be about? I am at the stage now where I have a little bit of free time (shhhh) so I am able to support classes/teachers/children more directly, but I do not want to be helping teach "death-by-Powerpoint" etc. So what do you think? Si
  14. pooley

    Deploy studio help

    I have setup deploy studio on my Snow Leopard server, created a workflow to capture my Mac Image and Bootcamp image. I netboot the target mac to "capture" the image and it begins the capture process (as its supposed to) but the imaging process is taking forever, I left it run while I was away for a couple of days and it got to 147 hours and was still imaging!! I have now changed network ports to see if that helps but I am on 8+ hours for the day and its still capturing the bootcamp image. Any suggestions? Si
  15. I have been tasked with replacing our ageing office mono copier with a new one, it doesn't have to be a MFP but it seems copiers aren't just copiers anymore. We have a colour lazerjet in the office already so mono would be fine, but obviously if colour MFP is cheap enough we will go with that. It needs to be fairly fast at copying mono and quiet/silent when not in use. It's not likely to be used often for value for money is the key. There will only be 3 office staff using it. What are you using in your offices? Si
  16. While it's hanging go to task processes and there will be a tmp dll process, end it and it will complete installation. Works for me
  17. We find the notebooks are to small for our primary children, ks2 find the screen size (eeepc 901) too small for anything other than simple web browsing and our ks1/infants find the keyboards too small. They find 13" or Above much easier to use.
  18. SSD = Solid State Drive, flash based HDD (No moving parts) Solid-state drive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  19. Good luck fella, a load of us were sent them FOC as a promotion, mine went to the admin dept!!
  20. Thanks for this post, reading the link and related sub links has just used up an hour of my valuable time, I wish I was no easily distracted lol
  21. Taken from Gizmodo How to Upgrade to iOS 5 Today, Without Any Developer Account 1. Download the iOS 5 IPSW file from the web (it's easy and readily available. Just Google it and torrent it down). 2. Update your iPhone using iTunes. To do this, connect your iPhone to your computer, click on the Check for Update button with the Option (Mac) or Shift (PC) key pressed. Select the iOS 5 IPSW file from the place you downloaded it to. 3. Wait until it upgrades. A new activation screen will appear. Activate iOS 5 1. Triple click the home button. This will activate the Voice Over. 2. Triple click the home button and Emergency Call will appear. 3. Click on Emergency Call and, while it's switching, swipe with your three fingers down. 4. The Notification Center will appear! 5. Click on the Weather widget. The Weather app will load. 6. Click on the home button to exit to the iPhone's springboard. I personally am going to wait for Beta 2, I have saved my shsh blobs with tinyumbrella so downgrading wont be a problem when i do dive in.
  22. Invalid dns settings?
  23. Site is now live, looks like carmageddon will be making a comeback
×
×
  • Create New...