Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

pooley

Members
  • Posts

    1,832
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by pooley

  1. So not in a very good mood this morning, so have spent half an hour trying to cheer myself up. Found some amusing pic's I thought people may find funny? Shocking ? lol
  2. pooley

    Wales Meet

    Just "A pub" ? How about we all go to Swansea and see how many times we can traverse Wind Street ?
  3. I ahve had this when either the machine is set as Disabled in AD or you havent rebooted after renaming the machine. Not sure either is related to your issue though
  4. I am creating a new WDS image and was waying up the pro's and cons of putting the AV (Symantec Endpoint) client on the image too. I know it will be outdated in a month or 2 but it will update anyway once deployed. Anyone done this or have specific reason not to? Si
  5. Not that difficult mate, google and ye shall find Move an iTunes library from a Windows PC to a Mac | Music and Audio | Playlist | Macworld
  6. Loved this game, I patched my version to allow Red blood as apposed to the Green blood the UK version had.
  7. pooley

    Wales Meet

    Bridgend mate
  8. pooley

    Wales Meet

    I'd be up for that.
  9. Sorry I meant port 21, shouldn't be posting while watching Celebrity Juice Difficult to concentrate
  10. Try telnetting to the ftp, if it doesn't connect you can assume EMBC firewall or ACL has blocked your pc from accessing port 25.
  11. Have had this before where the proxy settings are set in multiple gpo's, make sure only 1 gpo witht he proxy settings is being applied
  12. Thanks for the suggestions guys. There is a 10mb link between school, probably to slow (now that its been pointed out to me). So now looking (more sensibly) at 2 x TS-459Pro+ qnap, 1 for each school initially.
  13. We don't edit across the lan, it would just be used to save to. As for iSCSI Lun's this a new realm for me, the qnap allows 2 x different ip's I beleive so both my servers could attach to it? I could then create a share/area for each school? No need for trusts then? is this right? Si
  14. I work between 2 primary schools and HDD space is becomming an issue. With the children now podcasting, video editing etc. I have a couple of NAs drives for backups but i'm going to run out of room within 12 months on my server shares etc. So I have been looking into iSCSI drives, mainly at a qnap ts-809 with 8 x 2tb drives. Now i'm thinking if I was to setup a trust between the 2 schools (both server 2008) I could share the iSCSI device. Thus saving my schools from having to purchase 1 each. The ts-809 should give me more than enough storage. Has anyone done this before? Any caveat's / no-no's ? I assume I can lock down specific area's depending on ACL? I havent dealt with Server trusts before so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Si
  15. I love the way "Bad Taste" is 4th top movie
  16. Looking for updates, how is all the exercise and dieting going? I've done ok, lost about 3 inches off my waist, not much in the actual weight dept, but I have been training hard for 3 Peaks challenge which I completed last weekend(Put 4lb on last week inc challenge, but dropped a waist size again)
  17. Thinks its probably more to do with that the AV system isn't that different to FPTP nor would it really change much. So why spend £x on implimenting it?
  18. So does anyone know if we would still have a "coalition" running the country if we had used the new voting system?
  19. This is as clear as mud, either way nothing much will change. I'd prefer a "none of the above" box ala Brewsters Millions
  20. If you like that, try the Duncton Wood series
  21. way to ressurect a 3 year old thread
  22. In 2 weeks I (and 11 others) are doing the 3 peaks challenge, we would like a 3 flags or banners made (lightweight) to take with us up the Mountains. We have the charity logo's and will want the name of each mountain and the height in meters on them too. I was thinking about the Iron on transfer things but not sure how big they come? Any idea's to get me started would be appreciated.. Si
  23. I find that my AD login issues were down to time sync between Mac and Domain controller, under date&time preference (on the mac) tick "set date&time automatically and put in the name of your DC.
  24. Mac's can be tied into ad, they will map home folders and you can connect to other windows shares. You will have to install the printer driver manually (unless you have OSX server). I see no real problems with adding a Mac to your network, but as you say, is it being added for the right reason?
  25. posted yesterday http://www.edugeek.net/forums/general-chat/73528-book-reviewer-gives-below-average-review-author-sees-review-complains-comments.html
×
×
  • Create New...