-
Posts
678 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by RobD
-
I hadn't realized that, that's awesome. On my birthday too!
-
Missed out on the beta key, gutted.
-
Yes proper trainers from a running shop (they made me run around and looked at my pronation) but must admit I'm probably due a new pair. I'm running/walking about 2 miles at the moment, I think I will seek advice from a runner or PT to check if I'm not doing anything daft and if it starts to hurt again I'll visit my GP. Its a shame as I've been really enjoying running and this has soured it slightly, I have a long commute and instead of lying on the sofa moaning a run has perked me up.
-
I started running 3 times a week using a running app, first three weeks were brilliant but on the fourth week the insides of my knees started to really hurt (feels like bruising). Ibuprofen gel helps a lot and I've made sure I'm not running heel toe and tried to only run on grass but anyone else got any tips apart from maybe stop for a week or so?
-
You could try this: Clicky Or download the latest version of esxi and I think you can do a in place upgrade with a DVD (or usb etc).
-
Do the banking apps work ok or are they only affected by rooted phones?
-
These are great videos, I learn't loads.
-
HEEELP - Main host server has just gone down
RobD replied to TwistedHelixis's topic in Windows Server 2012
Rebuild it and promote it from scratch otherwise. Its just a DC and will sync and pull the info from the second dc. If you need to force the second dc to take the roles. -
Have you emailed their support and/or tried the beta firmware? Always been pretty impressed with their support. I may have two spare Drayteks (need to check) to sell if anyone is interested.
-
Is it this one: KB3139923 https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/7109081b-a82a-46e4-b6fe-f19b7d56e431/problem-with-some-msi-installs-after-kb3139923?forum=w7itproinstall
-
Also check the subnet of both servers.
-
You in a private School? I used to work in a School where I had to fight every change yet they'd moan when things went wrong so so much. I really don't miss working there.
-
Do your laptops get GPO's off network? If so then GPO's: Clicky
-
We use direct access for several thousand users, its brilliant.
-
I'd recommend networking courses, CCNA was probably the best course I've ever done (even if you don't use Cisco at work).
-
I'm no expert but those figures don't look high to me (except vol 6), what kind of san is it? ISCSI? I used a 1GB ISCSI san before and the bad iops were around the 2000's. You could test the throughput as well: HP SAN P4300 Performance | Tech Blog But you could measure the iops: How to measure IOPS on ESX / ESXi using Iometer - Gatt IT Limited
-
Add an A record into DNS for the site, that should allow it resolve internally.
-
I know I'm too late to the party but I use Ariotek.co.uk who are UK based and their support is really good.
-
Brilliant, never win anything!!
-
Hi all, Wondering if anyone has any ideas what I can do with a Hudle2 that wont boot and no light comes on when a charger is plugged in, I've tried: Holding down the power button, Holding down the power button and volume up, Swapping the Power Charging Board Port Socket (clicky) Taking the battery out for 5 mins and putting it back in again, Leaving it charging over night. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks Rob
-
to DMZ or not to DMZ, that is the question?
RobD replied to ass17's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
But you do poke holes in your firewalls with a DMZ i.e. Internet >> Firewall >> DMZ >> Firewall >> Internal network. Edit: missed a joke, I'm an idiot. -
If you have a Citrix NetScaler you could use that to reverse proxy your connection.
-
Check the routes on the dratrek, I once had a static route that I couldn't get rid of on a draytek. Had to reset it in the end.
-
In my last role in a School all the HP pro switches didn't have have spanning tree on as standard but if its intermittent and only affects certain PC's I doubt its flooding of the network. You could mirror the port, plug in a laptop with wireshark, do a capture and save it and I could have a go at looking at it but I'm definitely not a expert. I've been doing my best to learn about the fundamentals of wireshark from here: PacketBomb – Packet Analysis Explosion
-
Don't be put off by recruitment companies either, my last two jobs have been via recruitment people as some cooperates (like mine) only recruit that way.
