-
Posts
678 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by RobD
-
Recommend me a Remote Access solution
RobD replied to Mr_Jiminy's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
We use Citrix (remote access and for thin clients), its expensive but awesome. -
Group Policy only applying if 2003 DC's are still switched on
RobD replied to theeggmaster's topic in Windows Server 2012
Is the \\Domain.local\Sysvol and \\Domain.local\Netlogon present the none 2003 DC? -
HP StoreVirtual Centralized Management Console : upgrade query.
RobD replied to kennysarmy's topic in Enterprise Software
I had this when I migrated to v12, had to reboot the node manually. Long story short part of the issue seemed to be with routing and my DNS. -
HP StoreVirtual Centralized Management Console : upgrade query.
RobD replied to kennysarmy's topic in Enterprise Software
-
I like RoboCop Robocopy which is just a pretty GUI for robocopy. Clicky
-
Student wifi/BYOD - how do you filter it?
RobD replied to dgsmith's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
We use a SSID provided by our Meru Controller which uses a capture page and Radius server (NPS) which transparently authenticates them against our Lightspeed proxy. -
You could give Service Desk plus a go by Manage Engine. https://www.manageengine.com/products/service-desk/ It does all the asset management stuff and purchase orders etc but I'm not sure about order forms. This may not help but the best asset management software I've found is PDQ Inventory.
-
Hi, My languages department would like to buy this software from China to install in the languages suite: SUN-TECH | Product | Software | Digital Language Laboratory I'm really not keen for a number of reasons i.e. Support, security and the development but does anyone of have any experiance with the above softare or could point out any issues I may of missed? Oh and one more question, what alternatives are there? Sanako look good? Thanks
-
This may not be of much help but here's what I would do: Update Citrix if you haven't already (Clicky), Rebuild Storefront or create a new storefront specifically for wyse, Update the Wyse terminals. From there you could start rebuilding the gold images and DDC's.
-
Thanks for the replies, I've been using the free version (with these free installers Click) which is awesome but is limited as if the PC's arnt on then they miss the install. Would you say it has a large advantage over GPO's?
-
Monmouth School seeks to appoint an ICT Infrastructure Engineer to work within our ICT Systems Support Team. You will need extensive experience of Server 2012, Active Directory, VMWare, Group Policy, Citrix, SAN and Networking technologies. Salary will depend on experience and qualifications, up to £30,000. Further details are available from Mrs S Muir on 01600 710401 or email [email protected] Job Vacancies | Monmouth School Full Spec: http://www.monmouthschool.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/05/ICT-Infrastructure-Engineer-15.pdf
-
Hi, I'm keen to buy PDQ Deploy as a alternative to deploying software via GPO but I was wondering what people thought of the software and who has the full version? The reason I'm looking is the PC's we have here are ancient and boot time is really slow and add 10-20 GPO software deployments means some boot ups take 30 mins etc. Thanks Rob
-
Hi All, Thanks for the replies, I really dont think staff have a clue what they will use them for its definatley more a case of ooooh I want ipads... Looking at the devices I think Android are the cheapest but Windows tablets would fit in fairly seemlessly but ipads are really user friendly. I've looked at Meraki but I dont think its the total management solution I'm after unless I'm missing something?
-
Hi, So the SMT at my school have come to me and asked how I would feel about supporting a suite of tablets specifically ipads. In theory I think its a great idea but I'm a need to go back to SMT with my thoughts and I'd appreciate other schools input, initially I'm thinking: 1) Do they have to be ipads, would a windows tablet or Android tablet be better suited? 2) How would I manage them? I'm thinking either the Citrix MDM or Lightspeed MDM but I've no idea on costs. 3) Extra's costs such as a charging trolley, cases, insurance? If anyone could give me some idea of costs (sorry no quotes at this point) and any helpful tips I'd really appreciate it. Thanks RobD
-
I use Impero now but when I worked corperate I used DameWare.
-
How to have create redudant route for HP Procurve Switches
RobD replied to ccadit's topic in Wired Networks
Do mean something like this: ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.0.1 distance 100 ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.0.2 distance 200 From: HP Support document - HP Support Center -
Can anyone recommend some courses for me?
RobD replied to thepridster's topic in Courses and Training
The qualification I've had the most use out of was my CCNA!! -
I think they're great (use one at home instead of a BT router), their support is very good too. May be worth updating the firmware if you havnt already?
-
A friend who has a small business uses a Draytek Vigor 2820Vn Router Firewall as a router/VPN which are pretty cheap and reliable.
-
I know a good cabling company, charge around £600 a day (labour and material).....
-
If you call them, 800.028.0488 or +44 193.257.3929 they'll ask for your serial and from there should be able to change your account.
-
Thanks for all the replies, its really appreciated. I think I'll look to extend the password change to possibly 80-90 days for try and fit better with terms. Its good to know we are unusual not having a policy as this should help my argument.
-
Hi All, I'm fairly new to a School and I've recently discovered a they dont have a password policy, so essentially staff can have a 4 letter password forever without the need to change it etc etc etc. I've created a change control and pushed it through SMT but there's been uproar from some staff who stay teachers so say its "unworkable" for teaching staff who dont have phones to call IT with etc. Which leads me onto my question, what policies are at your School and how do you get on? My proposal was: A) Set a password that has a minimum length of 8 characters. B) Change their password every 42 days. C) Meet certain password complexity requirements – a password will need to contain three of the following four categories in order to be valid. D) Use at least 24 unique passwords – 24 unique new passwords must be used before an old password can be reused. E) Lock-out period after 3 consecutive uses of the wrong password – if a user enters a password incorrectly 3 times, the account will be locked out for 15 minutes. Thanks
-
Check the services first. How many Exchange servers do you have? Do any of the other work?
