Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

RobD

Members
  • Posts

    678
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RobD

  1. RobD

    Battlefield 5

    I hadn't realized that, that's awesome. On my birthday too!
  2. RobD

    Battlefield 5

    Missed out on the beta key, gutted.
  3. Yes proper trainers from a running shop (they made me run around and looked at my pronation) but must admit I'm probably due a new pair. I'm running/walking about 2 miles at the moment, I think I will seek advice from a runner or PT to check if I'm not doing anything daft and if it starts to hurt again I'll visit my GP. Its a shame as I've been really enjoying running and this has soured it slightly, I have a long commute and instead of lying on the sofa moaning a run has perked me up.
  4. I started running 3 times a week using a running app, first three weeks were brilliant but on the fourth week the insides of my knees started to really hurt (feels like bruising). Ibuprofen gel helps a lot and I've made sure I'm not running heel toe and tried to only run on grass but anyone else got any tips apart from maybe stop for a week or so?
  5. You could try this: Clicky Or download the latest version of esxi and I think you can do a in place upgrade with a DVD (or usb etc).
  6. RobD

    OnePlus 3

    Do the banking apps work ok or are they only affected by rooted phones?
  7. These are great videos, I learn't loads.
  8. Rebuild it and promote it from scratch otherwise. Its just a DC and will sync and pull the info from the second dc. If you need to force the second dc to take the roles.
  9. Have you emailed their support and/or tried the beta firmware? Always been pretty impressed with their support. I may have two spare Drayteks (need to check) to sell if anyone is interested.
  10. Is it this one: KB3139923 https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/7109081b-a82a-46e4-b6fe-f19b7d56e431/problem-with-some-msi-installs-after-kb3139923?forum=w7itproinstall
  11. Also check the subnet of both servers.
  12. You in a private School? I used to work in a School where I had to fight every change yet they'd moan when things went wrong so so much. I really don't miss working there.
  13. Do your laptops get GPO's off network? If so then GPO's: Clicky
  14. We use direct access for several thousand users, its brilliant.
  15. I'd recommend networking courses, CCNA was probably the best course I've ever done (even if you don't use Cisco at work).
  16. I'm no expert but those figures don't look high to me (except vol 6), what kind of san is it? ISCSI? I used a 1GB ISCSI san before and the bad iops were around the 2000's. You could test the throughput as well: HP SAN P4300 Performance | Tech Blog But you could measure the iops: How to measure IOPS on ESX / ESXi using Iometer - Gatt IT Limited
  17. Add an A record into DNS for the site, that should allow it resolve internally.
  18. I know I'm too late to the party but I use Ariotek.co.uk who are UK based and their support is really good.
  19. Brilliant, never win anything!!
  20. Hi all, Wondering if anyone has any ideas what I can do with a Hudle2 that wont boot and no light comes on when a charger is plugged in, I've tried: Holding down the power button, Holding down the power button and volume up, Swapping the Power Charging Board Port Socket (clicky) Taking the battery out for 5 mins and putting it back in again, Leaving it charging over night. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks Rob
  21. But you do poke holes in your firewalls with a DMZ i.e. Internet >> Firewall >> DMZ >> Firewall >> Internal network. Edit: missed a joke, I'm an idiot.
  22. If you have a Citrix NetScaler you could use that to reverse proxy your connection.
  23. Check the routes on the dratrek, I once had a static route that I couldn't get rid of on a draytek. Had to reset it in the end.
  24. In my last role in a School all the HP pro switches didn't have have spanning tree on as standard but if its intermittent and only affects certain PC's I doubt its flooding of the network. You could mirror the port, plug in a laptop with wireshark, do a capture and save it and I could have a go at looking at it but I'm definitely not a expert. I've been doing my best to learn about the fundamentals of wireshark from here: PacketBomb – Packet Analysis Explosion
  25. Don't be put off by recruitment companies either, my last two jobs have been via recruitment people as some cooperates (like mine) only recruit that way.
×
×
  • Create New...