Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

HarryMonkey

Members
  • Posts

    3,858
  • Joined

Everything posted by HarryMonkey

  1. It's full of silt and it is very easy to lose your viz and your bearings and become trapped. I know many experienced divers who won't dive it for that very reason. Don't get me wrong, it's a good dive and as it's got older the amount of wildlife has increased dramatically but the dangers are not appreciated by many of the people that dive it. There are a lot of levels way down within the hull that are dark, confined and full of silt. Far better to go an dive the James Egan Layne before it breaks up completely ... one of the best dives I have ever done, to be sat on the seabed looking up at the bow with the light filtering through .... Awesome.
  2. Let's hope to God that if ever this comes to fruition they make it a damn sight safer than that other deathtrap The Scylla.
  3. The (fixed) cameras in Northants have been switched off. Since then there has been an increase in drivers exceeding the speed limit, however, there has not been an increase in accidents.
  4. Aah, yes, the old hostess trolley servers. Great bits of kit. One of ours (the PDC) would only do a hard reboot if it was dropped onto the floor from a hieght of about 2-3 inches, otherwise it flatly refused to start up, RM had to take it in and dismantle it in the end to find the fault. It turned out to be a bad earth to the board but despite needing some drastic GBH to get it going it ran and ran ... can't see too many of todays servers putting up with that sort of treatment.
  5. Haha, yes, but I go back to RM Net 3.1 ... missed out Net LM altogether and went straight to Connect 2.0. All running on thin ethernet with the 4 port card in the back of the server and repeaters all over the school. Our head of IT was none to keen on that new fangled CAT5 stuff. Hopefully this time next week, my last CC3 station will be replaced by a CC4 one. (Yeah, right, dream on Steve).
  6. Can you not play it from within itunes on your computer? I know you can with MP3 tracks, I just assumed videos would be the same.
  7. I suspect that what they want is to remove the benefits from any rioter, whether imprisoned or not. Presumably this is to stop them rioting and just concentrate on mugging, house breaking, car theft and any other means that they can use to replace the money they are no longer getting from the state.
  8. The credibility of this one may have been enhanced by proof reading it.
  9. We have two westies, and had two before these. All 4 have been rehomed dogs. They are fantastic dogs, as mental as they come and just soooo funny and I wouldn't be without them. However, whoever told you that Westies don't have brred problems was being somewhat economical with the truth. Many of them have skin problems and can easily develop allergies ... the two we have now have a pollen allergy and have to have monthly injections which have to be imported from America ... not cheap I can assure you. The previous ones had problems with their skin too (and their ears ... another common Westie problem). The Westie Rehoming people in Swindon do some brilliant work and have rehomed hundreds of dogs for whatever reason. (http://www.westierehoming.me.uk ... theres a cute gallery of Westies).
  10. Some stuff here on their website. Seems like they will still be owned by the school despite the £16/m "contribution". Still an expensive option. ... Longfield Academy I would be interested to know how they plan to use them or will they, as with a lot of new devices, buy them and then see how they can shoehorn them into the curriculum?
  11. Nothing on the website, just a media studies tutor.
  12. Well, it works fine from home as does the link from the Lightworks page ... must be something to do with our MKSchools proxy.
  13. Hmmm, strange. Gives me the same error. Perhaps I'll try from home tonight.
  14. Has anyone had any joy downloading the Matrox VFW Codecs? Whenever I try from tge link on the Lightworks site Matrox Video - Support - Matrox VFW Software Codecs Downloads I get an error saying that anonymous logins are not allowed.
  15. CC3 to CC4. New tape loader. CC4 anywhere. Some more virtualization. New server to accomodate the above. Rebuild around 800 workstations. Build a whole bunch of laptops.
  16. I did it a few years ago. Was taken on as an instructor for 5 hours a week. I had no teaching qualifications but was doing a lot of adult ed teaching at the time. I was paid for it but obviously lost 5 hours of my NM pay. Then I found out that instructor pay was less than NM pay so they had to pay me at my NM rate or I wouldn't have done any more teaching. I had a regular (non IT) teacher in the class (sometimes when he could be bothered to turn up) but that was a waste of time.
  17. What format(s) does Vimeo take? Format Factory seems to cope with most format conversions for most media types. http://www.formatoz.com/
  18. Really!! It should have been 3.
  19. Please don't. Posters should be allowed to push the envelope.
  20. As will Package Analyser ... http://www.sn2000.co.uk/downloads/PackageAnalyser.zip
  21. Format Factory http://www.formatoz.com/
  22. Red ants sting using Formic Acid which is the same component that's used by stinging nettles.
  23. I taught IT courses for several years as part of the Adult Education service, in fact, at one point I was teaching 4 nights a week and Saturdays as well. It was well paid at the time and the take-up was good. The main reason I gave up was the fact that it was becoming drowned in paperwork (and I wanted my time back). I never had any training, just wrote the course and delivered it in my own style. I did take up a C&G course later on but few of the tutors had any formal teaching or training qualifications. Don't give up on it before you've started but try and co-ordinate it through the local Adult Ed as they will do the promotion and publicity for you as well as handling the fees and bookings.
  24. I still can't
  25. Well, the PCB swap didn't do anything : (
×
×
  • Create New...