-
Posts
2,409 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by jamesfed
-
Has anyone actually read the article yet? Its for internal storage that was not designed to be removed, in fact the Microsoft article says treat the SD card (which would come pre installed anyway) as if it were welded into the phone. Not including removable storage has been the act of apple for years with various devices so why should it be any different in Windows phone - in fact its a lot easier to use your WP as a USB drive (with a USB cable) than it is any iPhone or other device.
-
I wonder how with a voice like his that the lived through life in the Army let alone had the guts to deny any order (even though I don't belive this story one bit).
-
Thats even more to the point - twas a silly idea anyway
- 8 replies
-
- domain controler
- server 2008
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Do compleatly ignore my request above - noticed the one fatal flaw - I can't control when the servers reboot (the accual problem was that they wen't in the same OU (DCs being the DC OU)).
- 8 replies
-
- domain controler
- server 2008
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
I bet that was a good discussion! Theres a few videos of the techonlogy on Youtube - YouTube - remotefx and I think (I've not got any sound on my PC at the moment) heres the one with the 'Non microsoft OS' - RemoteFX in Server 2008 R2 SP1 with Michael Kleef
-
I saw a video where a Microsoft guy said he had three thin clients one of which was running a 'Non Windows OS' (aka Linux) which had RemoteFX working on so I would be surprised if they don't update Windows XP to 7.1 (as you said it only works with 7.0 at the moment).
-
I think you need to have 2k8 TS licences but nothing else is required - all the same though as its SP1 (not released yet) that could well change. If you have the hardware spare put together a 2008 R2 Terminal Server with SP1 (download the beta) and run a few test sessions on it and see if the software works for you. The only requirement on the client end is RDP 7.1 (which I belive rdesktop dosn't support yet).
-
Have a look at RemoteFX in Server 2008R2 SP1 - its the only thing (besides Citrix HDX Pro) that can use a graphics card (that I know of) in a TS style enviroment.
-
Hi all, We've recently started to use WSUS to its full extent and are assigning updates to all our Windows Client PCs/Servers from it. Updates go through a testing program (usually inside VMs) before deployment to the clients/servers to make sure we have no problems. All the XP/7 Desktops/Notebooks are working great however our Windows 2008 DCs (at least this only appears to be affecting DCs) don't install updates on the programed schedule. Looking in the event log of a server (non DC (also R2 not R1)) that is installing updates correctlyI see the message- Installation Ready: The following updates are downloaded and ready for installation. This computer is currently scheduled to install these updates on 11 November 2010 at 03:00: - Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - November 2010 (KB890830) Looking in the event log of a DC that is not installing updates automatically I see the message- Installation Ready: The following updates are downloaded and ready for installation. To install the updates, an administrator should log on to this computer and Windows will prompt with further instructions: - Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - November 2010 (KB890830) Both servers are a member of the same OU with the same GPO applied to them to install all updates on every Friday at 3AM, the only thing that I can figure out that is different is those that aren’t installing are 2008 R1 with AD installed and those that are are running R2 and don’t have AD installed. Any clues on what to do next would be greatly received
- 8 replies
-
- domain controler
- server 2008
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Saw it a few days again and got to say the same as the rest here - funny with the right amount of explosives
-
Just a hunch but have you enabled encrypt offline files?
-
I just think its a bit of a faf trying to edit the tables (was thinking something like a XML file would be better but that’s outside of my knowledge). Probably should be and no one would probably notice the difference but someone would and it'd take a very long time to explain them the difference between the two :D
-
At the moment we have our own schools internal homepage setup (kinda like a landing page onto the most commonly used sites in the school + intranet) which is setup on a WordPress install. The only issue is adding new links to the tables (yes they are tables) isn't always the easiest of things to do (well it can be done just with a load of faffing around). As such I was wondering if anyone knew of a better way to layout links in this form without using tables? Idealy itd be something that allowed the homepage to grow easily (so adding extra rows/collums/links in) to.
-
Problems with wake up and shutdown on CC3 network
jamesfed replied to andyturpie's topic in Network and Classroom Management
We always used to have problems with start up/shut down at my old school on CC3/CC4 - never got it working even with days worth of RM support. I'd move to another alternative if you can. -
Nice Spec I'd suggest you have a look at dual hard drives (RAID0 if you have a good backup) considering you are hosting VMs you will need the extra spin speed.
-
Before you start looking at 2 socket processors you might want to have a look at the AMD 8 and 12 core offerings (we have a HP DL165 G7) with one AMD 8 core that’s running 5 VMs at the moment. You might be able to save some money there with just a little consideration for the actual performance requirements of the VMs if you need to end up going new buy.
-
I think I'm more concerned over 'open data' or the sharing of data between goverment orgnisations than I am the software that the goverment uses for these purporses.
-
Just got some patches through from Longman and they work great - if anyone else has any issues just give them a call
-
XP Mode works great (both in VirtualBox and XP Mode) however thats not an option on some of the PCs due to RAM limitations.
-
Exploring Science (Pearson Longman) - White screen of death!
jamesfed replied to tom_pearson's topic in Educational Software
Hi all - I think I'm having a simlar problem but with Exploring Science 9 (started a new thread here- http://www.edugeek.net/forums/educational-software/64549-exploring-science-9-white-screen.html), I have tried applying the patch shown here but the instructions don't seem to apply as I can't find any of the files listed to overwrite. -
Hi all, I am attempting to get Exploring Science 9 working (Pearson Longman) on one of our teachers notebooks (Win 7 Ent 64bit) however everytime the application launches the splash screen loads (where one of the 'balls' hits the other 3) but then the entire window goes blank. This seems oddly simlar for this post - http://www.edugeek.net/forums/educational-software/61927-exploring-science-pearson-longman-white-screen-death.html however I can't seem where to apply the patch provided. I have tried running the program in compatiblity mode and both flash/shockwave are installed and up to date. Any help would be aprechated
-
75% here - a few of the things on there were a little too out of data for my age
