-
Posts
2,409 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by jamesfed
-
Tadarr 2.33 Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 4MB Cache 1.33ghz Bus 4 2.0 USB ports on rear VGA onboard RS-232 PS2 KBD/Mouse 2 network points on motherboard RAM Kingston KVR800D2N5 800mhz 2x2GB (4GB total) Samsung SATA DVD Writer Drive SH-S223 420W PSU Mega Raid SAS 8204ELP 6x SATA II or SAS RAID 0,1,10 and 5 support Hot swap drive bays Lockable front door Intel Server Board S3200SHV socket 775 2x Brand new Hitachi 160GB 7.2k drives SATAII 3Gb/s 0A39261
-
We have two servers for sale, tower types. Each can hold up to 6 hot swap drives, RAID capable. They have only seen 2 years service, but they are now surplus to requirement. They are both in good working order, and each includes 2 x 160 GB HDD brand new. Looking for £400 each, or nearest offer. For full specs just PM me.
-
Yes - the gameplay is great, the story was longer IMO and the graphics were almost as good as MW2. £10 is a good bargin for it so I'd do it in an instant.
-
Thin client recommendation and guide wanted
jamesfed replied to HCC's topic in Thin Client and Virtual Machines
I've got two thin clients on the way today for testing from HP - going to be using Citrix XenDesktop VDI on them so will let you know how the testing goes. -
We've got out Hyper-V server running on 4 HDDs in RAID 0+1 - right now its supporting 5 VMs perfectly and looking at the performance tools in Windows it could do many more. SANs are a good idea if you need fail over (server dies but the hard drives are safe and they then get migrated over to your backup server) but in some cases could be seen as an unnesscary expense.
-
Oh how I love airsoft - would love to show up one day but manchester is a little out of my way.
-
Wow that is useful - one of those little tip bits that Microsoft dosn't seem to advertise but does a great job.
-
Thanks guys thats perfect!
-
Its the wrap that goes around the cables third picture down on the right hand side- Newton R2 650W, 80 PLUS - Fractal Design I'd love to use it to tidy up multiple cables (even better than multi coloured cable ties) inside my desktop at home
-
Thanks for the offer We should be having another meeting about it all next week so will start putting together my thoughts and any help would be greatly aprechated.
-
I think alot of work could be done on how the budget is allocated to ICT in schools - e.g. in some schools I've worked out of teachers desktops/notebooks came out of department bugets along with IWBs and the like. However in others its been all central from the IT budget. Both concepts have their perks but I think its a real thing to think over some more.
-
I think it purely comes down to being as flexiable as possible - not that slient nudging to the golden way of life wouldn't be possible.
-
Kaleidos Class lists not updated yet
jamesfed replied to jamesfed's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
Its for everyone - the year 7 list shows what is now year 8 and the year 9 list shows what is now year 10 (and so on). Staff timetables still show the old classes as well. -
I think we already have two schools (both feeders) lined up in interest but that sounds about right. Right now it’s still in the heavily prototyping phase but I think we would be looking at remote desktop/phone support during the week with a afternoon/morning on site to do all the other tasks that you need to be physically there for. We'd also be looking at doing installations too.
-
I can well imagine that there are a number of other threads like this on here however here goes- We’re looking to get into the business of providing support to local primary schools (we are a secondary school) to help boost our ailing budget and was wondering how other schools were going about the same process? Technical challenges like remote support and helpdesk software are second nature to us so that’s no problem I’m more looking at the administrative/personal point of view like time management and insurance. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
-
Kaleidos Class lists not updated yet
jamesfed replied to jamesfed's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
Hi Ian, Thanks for your suggestions but ours is entirely setup by county - SIMS/KLP (even our Live@Edu was arranged by them to) so we have no control over the SIMS servers -
Hi all, We've been waiting for the last 3 weeks now for our RM Kalidos class lists to be updated and was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem? We got the KLP through our county council so its all manged by them (with data being pulled from SIMS) however I was wondering if anyone else in either a stand alone school or under council control was having the same issue? Thanks!
-
Logon locally on CC4 SR1? - RM n00b back again - Sorry!
jamesfed replied to gsk's topic in How do you do....it?
XP/Vista/7? -
Same here - even £120 a month to me = a new server every 2 or 3 years or a IWB each year.
-
I'd say at the very least get RM to push down the price, ultimately though your best bet is to make the server a VM - its easy to migrate over and the OS doesn’t even notice the difference. If your not comfortable doing it yourself then RM offer (for a fee) VMWare however if you have a schools agreement you might want to seriously consider Hyper-V/System Centre.
-
I'd strongly suggest that link - the Microsoft Web Platform installer is near perfect for installing PHP and if you are focusing on a specific web application (e.g. Moodle/WordPress) it can help you install those directly.
-
Already had a browse through there and haven't found anything relating to the attached screen shot
-
Hi all, We are using Windows 7 on our staff notebooks (upgraded from XP) and are loving every minute of it. However now that offline files sync on shutdown is gone as a standard feature (I'm aware that there’s a VBS script that can do it but are hoping not to come to that) I was wondering if anyone knew how to deploy settings to configure offline files. Specifically I'm looking for something that will configure the attached screen shot. If any one has any clues I'd be most grateful. Thanks!
-
Xampp isn't usaly suggested for outside world hosting due to some security concerns - XAMPP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia If you need to host it properly I'd suggest you look at getting a external web host (I use UKWSD) and run the site through them.
-
Phew thats ok then - was under the impression the server was doing a little more than just a few hours work.
