Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

sidewinder

Members
  • Posts

    3,170
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sidewinder

  1. sidewinder

    FIFA 13

    I'm surprised how easy it has been as well, I'm only in division 3 so far but I haven't been playing a huge amount. It just seems a lot of people I play arn't very good? And I wouldn't class myself as a great player! It does make me laugh the amount of teams I play where they haven't made any effort to get the chemistry and preferred formation right, they've just picked their favourite players...they invariably don't do very well
  2. Yeah was thinking it is probably a massive security risk. Ignore my advice jabellemy!
  3. As long as you have a single external IP address, you could set your firewall to forward all traffic on that port to one of your DCs, or so I would have thought. Might be some security considerations to think of though
  4. Was going to upgrade to 2012 this week...maybe I'll leave it!
  5. If you have a Canon camera you could try installing CHDK on the SD card as that enables time lapse photography. Suppose the main problem there would be battery power, so you would need a model that you could charge with an AC adapter or via USB There is probably a far easier way!
  6. RIP Dexter!
  7. Done now, think it was because I left http:// out of our website URL. Thanks so much for a great product, I can't believe how well it works!
  8. Tried to register on this, but the 'add location' button doesn't seem to do anything. I've tried both on Chrome and IE
  9. Because rightly or wrongly, that's how we have it setup! It was how the provider had set it up when I arrived, so over time I have upgraded the links and firewalls but kept the same system. So the leased lines are publicly accessible, hence the need for the VPNs. It works well so never really questioned it tbh I see what you mean though, we could easily have a single firewall in front of the internet connection, then have the rest open and VLANed. Also there will only be a voice server at the senior site. Only 4-5 phones at each of the others
  10. Thanks, would love to! Possibly can take them all off your hands, but at the very least the 2xML115, the ML110 and a couple of DL360's. I'll probably be buying for the school, are you able to provide any sort of receipt or something to keep the bursar happy? Aside from that it will be down to being able to borrow the car from my girlfriend...would early next week be ok?
  11. Wow...didn't see this. @Abaddon are any still available? Would be good to replace the 5U behemoth we have deafening everyone in our junior school. Just down the road, so I'm sure I could bring the car in one day to collect
  12. Bloody pods. Hate them. I understand the reasoning that it keeps it fresher and sealed, but I dunno, I just like doing it manually. Plus I can buy annnnnnny coffee I want, not just what Nescafe or whoever provide. It's just another proprietary system to get locked into Personally I just use a french press, although I would like a (small) coffee machine I guess. What I will be buying soon is a Vietnamese drip filter and some Vietnamese coffee. That, iced with condensed milk, is heaven
  13. sidewinder

    FIFA 13

    Didnt know about that! Are FIFA coins the ones I have loads of from playing career mode or are they the ones you have to buy? Also an easy way to get a few gold players to use/sell is to do all the manager tasks - free gold pack Finally won my first online game last night, at the 7th attempt! The UT servers have been terrible, hardly been able to get on for the last week
  14. Oh, and the answers to some of them will really make you groan
  15. I got up to about 65 on Friday, haven't looked at it since but want to finish it
  16. We are having a VOIP system installed later this year, and I need to prepare by reserving an address range and setting up a VLAN. We are on 3 seperate sites connected via leased fibre (100mb between sites) with a Watchguard at each site and branch office VPNs connecting them all. Details: Main School 192.168.1.0/24 DG - 192.168.1.1 Junior School 192.168.5.0/24 DG - 192.168.5.1 Nursery 192.168.10.0/24 DG - 192.168.10.1 Those address ranges were chosen because there are currently less than 254 devices at each site, but the space in between the ranges is reserved in case we ever need to expand, in which case I would change the subnet mask. So should I choose a single range for the IP phones across all 3 sites (eg 192.168.15.0/24) or a different range for each site, but distinct from the current range, and keeping the subnet mask the same?
  17. Done the survey, live in London in a flat shared with my girlfriend and another couple, although it's fairly spacious compared to some places. We pay for that privilege though
  18. I'm a bit unusual, I only smoke 2-3 a day, and certainly am not physically addicted, as I can easily go a day or 2,3,4 without any, but I just really enjoy the few I do have. And in my head, because it's a small amount I do think 'why bother quitting' although I'm sure I will one day, and I should because even a few a day is not good for my health. I realise I'm quite lucky that I don't seem to become addicted, and it is really difficult for heavier smokers. So yeah, I thought about Stopober but haven't done it so far
  19. sidewinder

    FIFA 13

    I am, on PS3. Started playing ultimate team for the first time...struggling to win a game at the minute!
  20. In both of the schools I've worked, it's always a given that the site is shut between 23rd Dec and Jan 2nd, and never a mention of anyone having to take holiday time for this. Shame that not all schools take such a relaxed approach!
  21. Only just seen this, chocolate pizza please! Since I genuinely already own a mankini...
  22. Yeah, £300 for some rings of plastic?!
  23. Using something like csvde you should be able to export any attribute you want, certainly will be able to do usernames anyway
×
×
  • Create New...