Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

@Sam_SiliconAlley Welcome, you might want to edit your signature. I thought I recognised the name (I'm from a nearby village) but had to go to the website to confirm.

 

Silicon Alley is 01621 877 600

Posted (edited)
Thanks Little-Miss for the welcome.

It's going to be chaos in the next few months but going for a new DC server and domain in the next few months so can get it exactly how I want it.

 

Your not the same DCUK from otherplaceforum.com are you?

Edited by RobD
Forgot the quote
Posted

Tell me you've named one of your servers HAL, and you've replaced all the error messages with "I'm afraid I can't let you do that Dave." Please!

 

/may have just read 2001: A Space Odyssey

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
Hello, again I have been posting using a school account and thought it was about time to create only for me, so far its been a brilliant place. :)
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hi all,

 

I work for an IT Network Infrastructure company, based in Leeds but with Nationwide coverage.

Specialising in, Copper and Fibre Cabling, Switching, Wireless, Design/Consultancy and Network Monitoring etc.

 

Kevin.

Edited by kevinf
Posted
Hi all,

 

I work for an IT Network Infrastructure company, based in Leeds but with Nationwide coverage.

Specialising in, Copper and Fibre Cabling, Switching, Wireless, Design/Consultancy and Network Monitoring etc.

 

Kevin.

 

Welcome to Edugeek Kevin! I'm sure you'll find yourself at home, if you have any problems and you're stuck never hesitate to ask on the Edugeek Technical Forums page! Enjoy.

Posted

Hello!

 

I'm Karl, based in Bedfordshire. I'm a Network Manager and run a website called ClassThink which attempts to share the latest edtech developments and information to other schools for free. PS we won the NAACE Impact Award for School Services Support this year which was amazing!

 

Will be visting Edugeek much more often!

 

- - - Updated - - -

 

Hello!

 

I'm Karl, based in Bedfordshire. I'm a Network Manager and run a website called ClassThink which attempts to share the latest edtech developments and information to other schools for free. PS we won the NAACE Impact Award for School Services Support this year which was amazing!

 

Will be visting Edugeek much more often!

Guest steven_jones1
Posted

Hi, not strictly a new Edugeek user but starting to look more at the forums so thought I would start here with a Hello!

 

Network Manager at an Academy in Runcorn, Cheshire. Windows vanilla network running Server 2012 Datacenter. 4 HP Microsoft Hyper-V servers running in a cluster, HP SAN, Thecus backup NAS from Microsoft DPM. Cisco ASA 5525 firewall with 2x Cisco 4900m core routers... And a bit more

 

Steven

 

- - - Updated - - -

 

Hi, not strictly a new Edugeek user but starting to look more at the forums so thought I would start here with a Hello!

 

Network Manager at an Academy in Runcorn, Cheshire. Windows vanilla network running Server 2012 Datacenter. 4 HP Microsoft Hyper-V servers running in a cluster, HP SAN, Thecus backup NAS from Microsoft DPM. Cisco ASA 5525 firewall with 2x Cisco 4900m core routers... And a bit more

 

Steven

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...