_Bat_ Posted February 26, 2007 Posted February 26, 2007 @webman - could you not put locks on the doors? Those signs are pretty funny tho.. "footpath closed" lol!
webman Posted February 27, 2007 Posted February 27, 2007 Not really - it is classes as a fire escape; and we have to keep the doors open due to lack of air conditioning! :evil: Otherwise we'd just melt, along with the servers
MkII Posted February 27, 2007 Posted February 27, 2007 Wow - I wan't one of those Benji1! Too funny thread guys - keep 'em coming
localzuk Posted February 27, 2007 Posted February 27, 2007 I have a piece of paper with my name on (as I am new and the kids keep calling my 'mr hair instead of mr ayre' which is a bit annoying), an ubuntu sticker and a silly cartoon. Soon though, I am ordering a proper engraved sign to make it look professional - as I am now here long term
witch Posted February 27, 2007 Posted February 27, 2007 In one job I have a door with a sign on it that just says: "DO NOT SWITCH OFF THE SERVER" (Inside the room there is a big sign saying "SERVER" on said item and a screensaver that says "THIS IS THE SERVER _ DO NOT SWITCH OFF" I wonder if anyone can guess why?!) In my other job I don't even have a door
limbo Posted February 27, 2007 Posted February 27, 2007 We opt for the no-sign approach, but it does not stop people bothering us! The reason we have no sign is security - being an open school for Adult Education in the evening we often have kit walk by opportunists so the less advertsing about where large amounts of kit might be stored the better. I did consider putting a sign up once that read "Please Knock and run away laughing" in the hope it would take the fun out of the kids doing it - they hate doing as they are told to do!
woody Posted February 27, 2007 Author Posted February 27, 2007 OK, this is my second attempt at a sign. The first one was dreadful. I got this idea a little of the opening sequence of the IT Crowd. Thanks to webman for the font! What does everyone think?
_Bat_ Posted February 27, 2007 Posted February 27, 2007 I did consider putting a sign up once that read "Please Knock and run away laughing" in the hope it would take the fun out of the kids doing it - they hate doing as they are told to do! The joys of reverse psychology . I also only have a door in one job, in the other job I don't have an office or anything like it. There is the server room, but there isn't even a chair in there. All the teachers have access to it as it is a stock room as well and the door is commonly left open as everyone needs access but keys are rare (i'm one of a few people with the privilege of having one). I don't even have easy access to a phone in that school so end up using my mobile for most calls.
_Bat_ Posted February 27, 2007 Posted February 27, 2007 OK, this is my second attempt at a sign... Not bad at all, I like it What are you going to print it out onto?
Midget Posted February 27, 2007 Posted February 27, 2007 I don't even have easy access to a phone in that school so end up using my mobile for most calls. B*ll*cks to that if they aren't paying your phonebill
plexer Posted February 27, 2007 Posted February 27, 2007 I don't have a sign on the server room for the reason of not wanting to advertise it. However if I get a new office I think it will have to be one that just says "NOC" Server rooms keys are only held by my technician, site manager and myself. I think the only door I don't have a key for in the school is the main entrance. Ben
_Bat_ Posted February 27, 2007 Posted February 27, 2007 Hehe, I just put the attached on my door as a joke (joke at bottom courtesy of Grumbledook)ict.pdf
sidewinder Posted February 27, 2007 Posted February 27, 2007 On our door we have a perspex sign that just says 'Computer Office' although I believe this used to be on the SIMS office door as that used to be called the computer office for some reason (so we still get people askign for SIMS logins) To confuse things even more, in the telephone extensions, we are listed as 'Network Office' On the server room we just have an A4 sheet covering the window so no-one can see in. Just says 'Keep our servers cool, keep this door closed!' with a hiLOLarious picture of a sweating computer
woody Posted February 27, 2007 Author Posted February 27, 2007 Well, I've desided to go with the design I posted above, and it's ready to go up! Just waiting for the site staff to put a coat of paint on the door before I put it up. Will post the result on here when it's done!!! It's been enjoyable to hear what everyone has got on their door, and to see a few pictures of them as well. Keep them coming.....
maniac Posted February 27, 2007 Posted February 27, 2007 I described ours yesterday, but here's a pic as well!
Geoff Posted February 27, 2007 Posted February 27, 2007 It doubles as a notice board for the drama department?
Sylv3r Posted February 27, 2007 Posted February 27, 2007 Don't have any sign on my door but the server room where the technician hides has ICT Support on the door. If I think on tommorrow i'll take a picture to upload. We are moving to a new office later on this year, so will be thinking up a new sign for then.
steve Posted February 27, 2007 Posted February 27, 2007 Our door just has a sign saying ICT Technical Room. However the door opens out into the corridor. Such fun! No one ever remembers, takes kids ages to read the PULL sign on it. Even more fun when people leave despite a 4 foot PUSH sign down the door. Everyday someone pushes and walks into the door when it fails to open.
woody Posted February 28, 2007 Author Posted February 28, 2007 Here it is, the final sign proudly presented on our newly painted door! The green text does look darker than it actually is in the pic. I did want to use a brighter green but that's all the tech dept had. I think if I had a second go, I would have had the text done in yellow. But beggars can't be choosers!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now