mac_shinobi Posted August 8, 2008 Posted August 8, 2008 (edited) Just ordered my Mac Pro 2 * quad core 2.8ghz 2 gigs of ram 320 gb hard drive nvidia 8800GT Airport Extreme <-- forgot to add this in apple care wireless mighty mouse wireless keyboard Rest of the config is the same ( except that I have a 10,000 RPM 74 gig raptor ) that I am going to use for the boot drive. Can't wait!! Just wanted to know how to re direct the music folder to the 320 gig hard drive so that when I have my itunes it is on the 320 gig hard drive not the 74 gig raptor ? Edited August 8, 2008 by gecko
FN-GM Posted August 8, 2008 Posted August 8, 2008 Not sure how to do that but a nice bit of kit! i got a mac 2 weeks ago and wont be going back to PC. What display will you be using?
mac_shinobi Posted August 8, 2008 Author Posted August 8, 2008 19" VGA Acer tft - its ok but am dieing to get a 24" TFT - any suggestions ? Need it to be 2ms, HDCP compatable or HDCP supported and have a high Resolution to support 1080i or 1080p or whatever it is so I can playback blu ray movies at high res. Also forgot but I need an optical cable to go from the mac pro the my surround sound system ( that has an optical in input ) any suggestions on that from ebay as need a cheaper option then 20 quid )
Sylv3r Posted August 8, 2008 Posted August 8, 2008 Just ordered my Mac Pro Just wanted to know how to re direct the music folder to the 320 gig hard drive so that when I have my itunes it is on the 320 gig hard drive not the 74 gig raptor ? Should just be through itunes Edit > Preferences > Advanced
localzuk Posted August 8, 2008 Posted August 8, 2008 Get a mac display to go with it. I would, if I could afford a Mac Pro. I'm just a little jealous. But I'll make do with my 1.86Ghz Core 2 Duo with a knackered hard disk.
mac_shinobi Posted August 8, 2008 Author Posted August 8, 2008 dont have enough cash for an ACD and been saving like crazy for over a year and a half to get this. Going to get a samsung, dell or liyama TFT ( not sure yet so any recommendations ) as per above would be welcomed. Run multiple copys of server 2003 , gaming , movies ( High Def ) and I wanted to future proof myself hence why I went with the mac pro as apposed to the imac. I can easily get a web cam from logitech or someone of the like to get video working like they have on ichat so thats a non issue and seeing as I ordered a wireless keyboard and mouse I can use front row
FN-GM Posted August 8, 2008 Posted August 8, 2008 Just out of curiosity how much did it set you back?
mac_shinobi Posted August 8, 2008 Author Posted August 8, 2008 Just out of curiosity how much did it set you back? £2101.99
mac_shinobi Posted August 8, 2008 Author Posted August 8, 2008 hoping to do a video clip Can do a few pics as well but yeah will defo post some stuff.
mac_shinobi Posted August 8, 2008 Author Posted August 8, 2008 I have an iphone 3g - how on earth do you transfer it from my power book to the mac pro without losing my contacts or purchased apps ?
Michael Posted August 8, 2008 Posted August 8, 2008 £2101.99 Daylight robbery Hope you enjoy it though! That is a lot of power you have on your hands!
mac_shinobi Posted August 8, 2008 Author Posted August 8, 2008 Daylight robbery Hope you enjoy it though! That is a lot of power you have on your hands! Just need to learn how to use it effectively. Am hoping snow leopard adds blu ray playback and some other things - just a shame they dont use sata ports for there optical drives
tmcd35 Posted August 8, 2008 Posted August 8, 2008 Going to get a samsung, dell or liyama TFT ( not sure yet so any recommendations ) as per above would be welcomed. I won't begin to tell you how very very jealous I am! Personally I'd go for the Samsung Pebble, best TFT I've ever seen - 2ms response, 2000:1 contrast, 3000 candels, etc. You really really need 2 24" displays though!
localzuk Posted August 8, 2008 Posted August 8, 2008 I'd go with a Dell one myself. I used a couple of their 21" screens when I was at uni and they were superb.
john Posted August 8, 2008 Posted August 8, 2008 Samsung Screen for me, much better than the crapple ones, I can't believe someone I know spent all that money on a 21" Apple Display and was like oooh its amazing (when compairing it to there £60 value 17" TFT) then I got the same firm a decent 21" Samsung TFT for a wall mounted display unit that was something like £160 and they were like wow that Samsungs brill bet it was more than my apple, I showed them the bill, they havent spoken to me since hehe. Always said Apple was waaaaay overpriced.
mac_shinobi Posted August 9, 2008 Author Posted August 9, 2008 Was just curious where to get a decent TFT from as I have been looking at the samsung T240HD which looks really good spec wise ( aside from it only is 5ms ) but cant seem to find it. Will get one of those asap but will have to wait a while before I can get another one. I know about ebuyer, misco, dabs, aria, amazon , ebay etc but cant seem to find the model I mentioned above.
localzuk Posted August 9, 2008 Posted August 9, 2008 Was just curious where to get a decent TFT from as I have been looking at the samsung T240HD which looks really good spec wise ( aside from it only is 5ms ) but cant seem to find it. Will get one of those asap but will have to wait a while before I can get another one. I know about ebuyer, misco, dabs, aria, amazon , ebay etc but cant seem to find the model I mentioned above. Richersounds, dixons, xppassport.net and importmarket.co.uk all seem to have it.
mac_shinobi Posted August 9, 2008 Author Posted August 9, 2008 Looking at that TFT was wondering if there was one similiar but with 2ms response instead of 5ms and with the same or similiar connections that at least has HDCP support and a dvi connector.
mac_shinobi Posted August 13, 2008 Author Posted August 13, 2008 ok got an email confirming it was shipped yesterday - not sure how long it will take them to deliver it though and not sure who they use to ship ? One other thing is that I have a 74gb western digital 10,000 RPM hdd - would I be better using it as a boot drive and for apps or can I use this as say a secondary drive and point the os to use it for something else to help speed the system up or what exactly ?
EduTech Posted August 13, 2008 Posted August 13, 2008 Just to note.. if your looking to get a 24" monitor.. Go to iiyama.. I will be getting one of these in a few weeks as they are releasing a new model and i have the lovley oppertunity to play with it... but that will have a 2ms response rate I have a 21" iiyama now with a 2ms response rate and i think there screens are awsome and very cheap aswell i think James.
FN-GM Posted August 13, 2008 Posted August 13, 2008 ok got an email confirming it was shipped yesterday - not sure how long it will take them to deliver it though and not sure who they use to ship ? One other thing is that I have a 74gb western digital 10,000 RPM hdd - would I be better using it as a boot drive and for apps or can I use this as say a secondary drive and point the os to use it for something else to help speed the system up or what exactly ? My iMac arrived two days after shipping, with a bit of luck it will be with you on thursday!
mac_shinobi Posted August 15, 2008 Author Posted August 15, 2008 My Mac Pro is out for delivery today - the tension and excitement is building up - wish TNT would hurry up !!!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now