dobbyit
Members-
Posts
162 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by dobbyit
-
We use YOEFirstname.Surname@..... we do not allow children to email anybody outside of the school address book
-
What's everyone using to provide remote IT support to Mac users?
dobbyit replied to LRSFC_DanJ's topic in Mac
I use Vnc to control the Mac book and Mac mini- 20 replies
-
- it support
- macos
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
I was going to go for vestel until I had a quote from a promethean reseller who took my vestel quote to promethean and promethean matched the price. So much better promethean with all features got a lot more for my money
-
I have a machine which I have imaged with windows10, all software and drivers on same as the other machines in school. I have USB device descriptor request failed. It's for an activpanel board, downloaded latest driver from promethean website, plugged in USB cable and it dings to tell me it's connected. Changed USB cables, changed ports it's connected to, connected direct to panel. unistalled driver, reinstalled driver. Ran HP driver tools updated bios on machine. The PC will not recognise the board. I have tried another PC on the board and works great. This PC does not want to play ball, any ideas would be greatly appreciated
-
I'm primary school, I use spice work cloud mainly because I can access it in ipad and have it on the go. I use contracts section which is very useful for me
-
Office 365 Mail - hide address book for students only
dobbyit replied to dobbyit's topic in Office Software
Hosted with RM and office365 in cloud. I'll take a look tommorow thank you -
LGfL websites falling over/crashing due to demand....
dobbyit replied to Koldov's topic in London Grid for Learning (LGfL)
purple mash educationcity ttrockstars all down bad gateway -
Hello all, hope everybody is well in these hard times I have children emailing staff email addresses and staff are not happy about this, 1 - wondered if we could hide the address book for all children so they do not see their teachers email address 2 - can you limit children to only email certain email accounts
-
Ive had this with startmenu not loading, icons missing etc. I believe it is to do with windows firewall being loaded everytime when they log in. login as /admin using domain admin credentials on each RDS host, backup registry, then delete all items in the following location (leave the top item there though)Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules
-
I did install them and took forever and took up a lot of space, found online version so much better
-
Hello all We use Netsupport for keyword monitoring and since using it we realised a few words have not flagged up as they are not in the standard list. Can anybody share their custom lists with me to see what words are not flagged up as standard so I can add them to my lists. I had added the below words so far Bit** Murd**
-
I'm primary, 500 kids, we have a budget of 5k a year for licenses, maintainace ,hardware. Gone though what I need in budget going of last years spend and license comes to 15k alone
-
Expanding storage on servers, moving vms around, iPad updates. Only in for 2 days forced to take 3 days off
-
Ford and Ferrari - I enjoyed the film and understand it will not be for everyone. A little long, I watch it in 2 halves 8/10
-
We had this issue and had a product called esafe for our keyword monitoring, really slowed down our internet as it intercepted the traffic before displaying, could take 7-10 seconds to load bbc. Spent about 3 weeks problem solving, we removed esafe went to 1-2 seconds to load.
-
RM - School Network Support Contract
dobbyit replied to dobbyit's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Thanks for info, I’ve been quoted around £600 a year fair usage support. Another company wants £3600 year unlimited support and onsite support. Personal touch, somebody on site that knows set up Another company wants £5500 a year same support as above -
How are you shutting down / waking up your W10 machines these days?
dobbyit replied to CharlesGreig's topic in Windows 10
Can a task be done using NetSupport to shutdown XYZ computers, or is there a script I can use with Gpo -
Hello all, we use RM for our broadband, filtering and office365. Just wondering if their school network support contracts they offer to support sophos, veeam, etc is worth it taking out with them offering remote support only.
-
We only have a few laptops for loan, I just add it to my job sheet.
- 2 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- inventory
- it equipment
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Pe app! Lol had loads of fun with this app, NOT. First concept seemed good, took me 2 days working with external firewall company to get app to sync had to enable transparent proxy on school WiFi. Worked fine at home and public WiFi’s. Wanted it on all teachers iPads we have 22 teachers but only one log in so if somebody deleted something it went for all, not good. No backup that I could see All iPads have to be running the same iOS, version of app had to be same to sync Other issue is pupil data did have store upn or admission number, issue we found is we have a large number of users with the exact same name, can’t have more than one child with same name. We not using app until they get a website. It’s a no from us sorry.
-
I have never liked the converters as they have not worked for us, we have gone down the route of proper cables VGA to HDMI something like the below https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gold-Plated-Computer-Projector-Chromebook-Raspberry/dp/B07CTK4TH4/ref=asc_df_B07CTK4TH4/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309757320705&hvpos=1o3&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13168387934164414339&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006458&hvtargid=pla-564883050196&psc=1
-
I need to source 2 all in ones for my teachers who are currently using laptops. They said its a nightmare they want a larger monitor, proper keyboard and mouse, not in the correct position using them. I thought it was a step forward, less cables, less energy less cost but hey im taking laptops back and putting in all in ones
-
Hello just wondered if anybody has an alternative to using the resources found on https://www.discoveryeducation.com/ We currently subscribe but looking at possible alternatives due to the subscription costs
-
I would love to move away for cost saving but for ease at moment, only me 550 children. Over 300 devices and a novice in technician world. I would like to change provider for faster broadband and filtering but I know how hard it is to start with filtering again and ports opening.
