dobbyit
Members-
Posts
162 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by dobbyit
-
We use rm unify for broadband, office365, we did have a contract with them for remote access for 5 PCs not users but cancelled contract as we now use windows remote. However rm provided this service for 5pound a machine.
-
I have lost total access to our unifi server, is there a way I can still manage my access points
-
We use NetSupport, had to convince management to get rid rid of other software first and they love it and I love netsupport
-
We use veeam for full state back up and data and use redstor for sims drive. Thinking of getting rid of redstor as veeam is backing up the same data
-
I am on 1809 is this ok or do I need to create a new image
-
I have 2 windows 7 machines to do to windows 10. 2 servers are on 2008 with cctv on, WiFi controller, just trying to get this across but having issues so hoping can get it done by christmas
-
Documents showing as documents in windows 10 / 2019 server
dobbyit replied to dobbyit's topic in Windows 10
we had no redirection when i took over just a direct path to a storage device now they have a redirection to H drive from a generic Z drive -
Hello we moved accross our data from 2008 to server 2019. we also moved from windows 7 to windows 10 and some on thin clients. All our childrens and documents have the name of documents instead of the username how do i make it look like Its causing a lot of frustration with staff
-
What alternatives do people suggest that can be deployed via group policy
-
YouTube - Do you block or allow access to students?
dobbyit replied to Nausing's topic in How do you do....it?
We allow for all in a primary school, all computers are key word monitored and we made the decision to teach what they can search for and saves them finding ways around YouTube. Children not allowed on computers without teacher permission -
would your school be willing to pass them onto my school who will 100% make use of them
-
These are the ones we have, sorry for the confusion http://www.lejournaldunumerique.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Promethean-ActivExpression-2.jpg
-
We would love to see if we could make use of these if possible
-
Think so they look the same I'll have to check model number to confirm
-
I know its old technology and Promethean has stopped selling and manufacturing active expression 2 devices, but as a large primary school we use these daily and looking to purchase more as replacements for the ones that do not work anymore. Just wondered if anybody had any that they do not use any more and would not mind passing them on or selling them
-
Wonderful I’ll give it a go,
-
We have just flattered our network, and did a major upgrade. We still not fully flattened but getting there
-
Thank you, if I do it at the top level where all our data is store this should be ok to apply to all sub folders
-
Printing pdfs using thin clients on server 2019
dobbyit replied to dobbyit's topic in Windows Server 2019
Forgot about this post, Fox it reader has worked perfect. Adobe dc still not working but staff done mind as long as they can open pdfs and print them -
I am on my domain controller logged on as a domain admin but struggling with access rights on renaming, editing file permissions as it says I don’t have admin rights
-
Impero vs netsupport vs esafe
dobbyit replied to dobbyit's topic in Network and Classroom Management
I believe this is now available with NetSupport but only using their browser, not tried it out yet -
Impero vs netsupport vs esafe
dobbyit replied to dobbyit's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Thank you, we went for NetSupport love it at the moment -
An app to get photos and videos from iPad to network storage
dobbyit replied to dobbyit's topic in How do you do....it?
Shared iPads accross the school -
Hello we have managed iPads and have 200 of these. We currently use printopia to send pictures only to a network location. I’m looking for a better way to send photos and videos from the iPads to a network location, I don’t fancy manually going to each iPad and configuring the app by typing in network path and authorising a username and password. We are a primary school so want it easy as possible for children.
