Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

AXE

Members
  • Posts

    334
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AXE

  1. Certainly is. Only lawful when applying to minimum wage... Which isn't the case.
  2. @Pichi123 Don't let that stop you.
  3. You can set .JAR files to be processed by the Software Restriction Policy through Group Policy. The list of file extensions can be found under: Computer Configuration->Windows Settings->Security Settings->Software Restriction Policies Edit the entry "Designated File Types" and add the "JAR" extension there. If you really have to use RMMC, there's a "custom" section under the "All Computers" security policy. That will allow you to import a registry script.
  4. AutoRun.inf eh? Often, modifications are made to the entries in the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2 Particularly if your drives start losing their standard icons, actions etc. Have you tried resetting the profile of the affected user?
  5. Next term, I have to start cycling to Malmesbury. It's about 12 miles from where I live and the closest place from which I can get a bus to Chippenham, so I really need somewhere to securely store my bicycle. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (I really don't want to have to start living in a tent again. I will not quit my job just because I can't afford to get to work.)
  6. Keeps coming back, that one. When I was looking, I applied for it at least twice. Evidently, nobody stays in the role for very long.
  7. It's going very well, thank you. Really enjoying my job. The people I work with are most excellent.
  8. Three hours to get to work and three hours to get home. Walk, bus, wait, train, wait, train, walk, work. Costs me £318.80 a month to travel to work. Luckily, this new government is introducing the universal credit to help people stay in work... so now I'll be sleeping rough on the streets of Chippenham. Yay for me.
  9. Been there... Nice place, friendly people, healthy budget. I expect the position will go to the current ICT Network Assistant.
  10. That brings back memories... from when I had to use satellite broadband. Yuck.
  11. I've been to dozens of schools around the country. Independent schools tend to have more macs than most, the highest ratio I've seen is about 50:50 (but that was very exceptional). Usually I see around 30-40 mainly in media/music etc. mostly stand-alone but sometimes with a server linked to AD.
  12. What does the routing table show? Type "route print" from the command prompt.
  13. Tell me about it. I've had two upcoming interviews cancelled already. One of those with Capita.
  14. Not a chance. I need a job like that. But I might be persuaded to offer a pint afterwards. (if I get an interview).
  15. Just down the road.
  16. Neither do I, but that's never stopped me from applying anyway.
  17. Me too. Then jobs that do appear always seem to go to internal candidates.
  18. http://www.jobsgopublic.com
  19. You can enable the security tab using this method: Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Local Security Policy Local Policies->Security Options-> Set 'Network access: Sharing and security model for local accounts' to 'Classic'
  20. If anyone wants to read more: Digital Economy Bill
  21. iSAMS is fun to break.
  22. If you ever find out the answer to this question, please let me know. Sadly, even having school experience isn't enough, the job market is very difficult at the moment. You're obviously motivated and you're getting interviews, just keep trying. I'm sure you'll get there.
  23. I expect it's a permissions issue. Word creates temporary files to store document locking info. If the user can create but not delete these temp files, the document will continue to appear as locked for editing even after it is closed.
  24. Distance won't stop me.
×
×
  • Create New...