-
Posts
334 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by AXE
-
Certainly is. Only lawful when applying to minimum wage... Which isn't the case.
-
@Pichi123 Don't let that stop you.
-
RM CC4 - How to stop students running .jar files in the RMMC?
AXE replied to tj2419's topic in Educational Software
You can set .JAR files to be processed by the Software Restriction Policy through Group Policy. The list of file extensions can be found under: Computer Configuration->Windows Settings->Security Settings->Software Restriction Policies Edit the entry "Designated File Types" and add the "JAR" extension there. If you really have to use RMMC, there's a "custom" section under the "All Computers" security policy. That will allow you to import a registry script. -
AutoRun.inf eh? Often, modifications are made to the entries in the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2 Particularly if your drives start losing their standard icons, actions etc. Have you tried resetting the profile of the affected user?
-
Next term, I have to start cycling to Malmesbury. It's about 12 miles from where I live and the closest place from which I can get a bus to Chippenham, so I really need somewhere to securely store my bicycle. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (I really don't want to have to start living in a tent again. I will not quit my job just because I can't afford to get to work.)
-
Keeps coming back, that one. When I was looking, I applied for it at least twice. Evidently, nobody stays in the role for very long.
-
How far do you travel to work, how long does it take?
AXE replied to jonny_2010's topic in Educational IT Jobs
It's going very well, thank you. Really enjoying my job. The people I work with are most excellent. -
How far do you travel to work, how long does it take?
AXE replied to jonny_2010's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Three hours to get to work and three hours to get home. Walk, bus, wait, train, wait, train, walk, work. Costs me £318.80 a month to travel to work. Luckily, this new government is introducing the universal credit to help people stay in work... so now I'll be sleeping rough on the streets of Chippenham. Yay for me. -
ICT Network Manager, Warwick Independent School, Warwick
AXE replied to Deeleys's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Been there... Nice place, friendly people, healthy budget. I expect the position will go to the current ICT Network Assistant. -
That brings back memories... from when I had to use satellite broadband. Yuck.
-
I've been to dozens of schools around the country. Independent schools tend to have more macs than most, the highest ratio I've seen is about 50:50 (but that was very exceptional). Usually I see around 30-40 mainly in media/music etc. mostly stand-alone but sometimes with a server linked to AD.
-
What does the routing table show? Type "route print" from the command prompt.
-
Tell me about it. I've had two upcoming interviews cancelled already. One of those with Capita.
-
Not a chance. I need a job like that. But I might be persuaded to offer a pint afterwards. (if I get an interview).
-
Just down the road.
-
Me too. Then jobs that do appear always seem to go to internal candidates.
-
http://www.jobsgopublic.com
-
Pod can pop.
-
You can enable the security tab using this method: Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Local Security Policy Local Policies->Security Options-> Set 'Network access: Sharing and security model for local accounts' to 'Classic'
-
Legal / filtering implications of Digital Economy bill
AXE replied to dhicks's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
If anyone wants to read more: Digital Economy Bill -
iSAMS is fun to break.
-
If you ever find out the answer to this question, please let me know. Sadly, even having school experience isn't enough, the job market is very difficult at the moment. You're obviously motivated and you're getting interviews, just keep trying. I'm sure you'll get there.
-
Distance won't stop me.
