Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

sukh

Members
  • Posts

    2,161
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sukh

  1. Hi Just want to rule out your client build. Can you build a Windows 7 PC with Outlook 2010 using a fresh install, and test? Then add SP1 for Office and test? Do you use imaged PC's?
  2. 1. I;m not sure what exactly what you're trying to acheive here. Yes it can be done but was this the case in your scenario, needs investigation. 2. If it's a legal battle, then more than likely, that would be thrown out of the window as message can be altered. 3. If the company is using journaling then that would stand. 4. If you have a sample of the message, you check the creation date of the message, send date, and a lot more infomration.
  3. Sorry, that;s not the settng im referring to, should on the menu bar, View>ViewSettings>Colums Also, can you run Outlook in safe mode and test, i.e Outlook.exe /safe
  4. Are you show there isnt a view configured. For e.g the Outlook example, I see the red flag, I can see this on mine. If you go to view, clieck view settings, the columns, is it selected?
  5. 1. I think I understand what you mean, but can you clarify and post a screenshot or PM me?
  6. I'd go for Exchange in house, depends on the functionality you require. There are restrictions on what you can do on O365/Live@edu, where as on-prem is more flexinle and you have control. Depends on cost ie, managing Exch in house or having it managed/hardward/maintence etc...
  7. Can you explain how Outlook connects to Exch, ie. is Outlook>Proxy>Exch?
  8. You need to gather the requirements and then see if live@edu can meet these, more than likely Exchnage on-prem will. Installing the on-prem Exchange can be difficult and at the same time it can be as simple as you want. Depending on the requirements, you can probably setup Exchange yourself, if you have detailsed requirement from the users/school, then post/pm me and we can give you ideas on how to do this.
  9. all users have this issue or some? If you create a new mailbox, same issue? Create a new Outlook profile, same issue?
  10. Setup IIS for relay - Microsoft Corporation Telnet test - XFOR: Telnet to Port 25 to Test SMTP Communication
  11. 1. After adding the DPM server's IP, did you perform a Telnet relay test? 2. What was the outcome?
  12. Remove the account from EMC, this will delete both the AD and mailbox. - http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Managing-mailboxes-Exchange-Server-2007-Part2.html Then, when you create a new AD account, re-connect the mailbox to the new AD account - How to Connect a Mailbox: Exchange 2007 Help
  13. Added the SMTP feature? Did you install IIS on a server?
  14. A simple test would be to telnet and try and relay from the DPM server. If that works then you know it's a DPM issue and not mail.
  15. 1. OK, if youre sure you're not using PF. 2. Are you using Outlook 2003 clients? If yes, then you will need to keep the PF DB, if not then we can get rid of the PF DB it it exists. 3. We can also remove Exch 2003 manually (I assume the server is gone forever?) - How to remove Exchange Server 2003 from your computer - Follow the adsiedit section and delete the Exch 2003 server only.
  16. It's either that or will have to get the CC to allow your DPM server to relay.
  17. 1. In that case I'd just up the ram to 8GB and you should be OK. 2. Apart from the RAM, you will need to manage your capacity. Only you know how the usages is for the staff email.
  18. 1. There's something on the network that has these credentials cached that's attempting to use them and locking out the account. 2. I suspect there is nothing wrong with Exch as this issue only occured after you changed the password. 3. Use the account lockout status to see where the lockout are occuring - Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - Account Lockout Status (LockoutStatus.exe)
  19. 1. Are you using PF at all? 2. How did you remove Exch 2003?
  20. 1. Depends on what version of Exch you're going to use, and the user profile (usage) 2. I'd suggest you go for 2010, if anything I'd be concerned with the RAM. You're short. I'd have at least 8GB if you're on a budget.
  21. 1. You can setup a normal Windows box and setp IIS and use that SMTP server. I assume you only want emails to be sent internally. 2. Even with Outlook you're authenticating, probably NTLM or Kerboros. 3. If you want to use the CC SMTP server, then they will have to allow relay (internally) or setup credentials for you to use. 4. As a test, when you enter your credentials, what are you using as the test email? 5. I suspect, when DPM makes the connection and SMTP server can see the connection coming in as anonymous, hence the rejection.
  22. The OLD you switched on, what do you plan to do with it? If not needed I would decomm that How long was that DC off for? How many days? Could have replicated old data across to the working DC.
  23. Can you try deleting the local profiles on the client, server and give the user a new profile (romaing/mandatory whatever you use)
  24. No, you can still use use split DNS and this should work.
×
×
  • Create New...