DaveTheTech
Members-
Posts
410 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by DaveTheTech
-
The app on the left hand side? I believe that was moved to a tab inside each Team, but that change was made some time ago.
-
Sharepoint - Overall Access Breakdown
DaveTheTech replied to DalekSec's topic in Enterprise Software
Glad it was useful - I really ought to document and put stuff into functions. -
Minecraft edu - help please
DaveTheTech replied to Scifigirl's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Its now a Microsoft Store App -
Sharepoint - Overall Access Breakdown
DaveTheTech replied to DalekSec's topic in Enterprise Software
I have had to do this in the past - hopefully this PowerShell script is enough to go on. It requires the PNPOnline module to be installed. There are some variables at the top you might want to change. There are better way to get a list of sites - but my admin account didn't have SPO Admin at the time. So this is why its a list that needs to be typed out. You get a CSV with the document libraries, if a user is directly given permission, part of a group and what that group/users permissions are. I have another script that resets permissions on the files and folders to that of the document library. But I am not too sure which version worked for me. TLDR - inheritance was broken at stupid places. I had to make a change and it broke - but that caused me to fix a long running problem that was a ticking time bomb sharepointPermissionFinder.ps1 -
Minecraft edu - help please
DaveTheTech replied to Scifigirl's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Are you not able to see live traffic via WatchGuard? Have you unblocked these sites: URLs Used by Minecraft Education – Minecraft Education -
I can get to the SSO page - I dont have an account though. I am not with Schools Broadband or use Fortigate.
-
Preventing Chrome and Edge extensions
DaveTheTech replied to athomashayter's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Hi, User Config > Admin Templates > MS Edge > Extensions Allow specific IDs to be installed = abc213 - this is the ID for our web filters extension Control which extensions should be revented = * Its the second you need. If there are any installed, it will block them. I presume that identical GPOs exist for Chrome- 3 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- browser extensions
- edge browser
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Much like the game of roundabout chicken. Plan to go, but look to stop.
-
Part Time Field Based IT Technician
DaveTheTech replied to BlueFoxSystems's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Salary?- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
[ms office - o365] Cannot add students to Teams
DaveTheTech replied to aaustwick's topic in Office Software
Hi, I have just tested this and it looks OK Are the accounts that you can't add visible in the GAL? -
[windows software] ActivInspire - free?
DaveTheTech replied to localzuk's topic in Licensing Questions
Im fairly certain that you get two licences per board. One to deliver the lesson and one to prepare it. It looks terrible and is not DPI aware. -
No way, I am totally seeing this.
-
Hi, I have used this on shared PCs. Have it run at boot: Get-ChildItem "C:\Users\*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams\*" -directory | Where name -in ('application cache','blob_storage','databases','GPUcache','IndexedDB','Local Storage','tmp', 'previous', 'Service Worker') | ForEach{write-host Removing $_.Name; Remove-Item $_.FullName -Recurse -Force} Get-ChildItem "C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Teams\*" -directory | Where name -in ('previous') | ForEach{write-host Removing $_.Name; Remove-Item $_.FullName -Recurse -Force}
-
Couple of thoughts. Have you tried on a different ring / on a circuit that you know isn't at capacity? Could it be the spike in load that is causing it to trip? Does this happen when you dont plug the laptops in?
-
Anther recommendation for Teams - it achieves whats needed. I'd imagine that you're already setup / using it.
-
Action1 - pushing out 23H2 update
DaveTheTech replied to TwistedHelixis's topic in Enterprise Software
Definately sounds like feature updates are handled slightly differently than your regular updates -
Action1 - pushing out 23H2 update
DaveTheTech replied to TwistedHelixis's topic in Enterprise Software
Hi, I'd guess that this is because its a feature update. What current version is that PC on? -
I thought that you didnt need a licence to read historic data?
-
Its all fairly hands off at this point. But in the past I have just added myself to a Team. Connect-MicrosoftTeams $staff = Get-ADUser -SearchBase "DC=Domain, DC=Lan" -filter {enabled -eq $true} | sort name$copyFROM = $staff | ogv -PassThru -Title FROM$copyTO = $staff | ogv -PassThru -Title TO $existingUser = get-team -User $copyFROM.UserPrincipalName -Archived $false $newTeam = $existingUser | sort DisplayName | ogv -PassThru$newTeam | %{ [indent]if($_.MailNickName -like "Section_*"){[/indent] [indent=2]$role = "Owner"[/indent] [indent]}else{[/indent] [indent=2]$role = "Member"[/indent] [indent]} [/indent] [indent]write-host adding user to $_.DisplayName as a $role [/indent] [indent]Add-TeamUser -GroupId $_.GroupID -User $copyTO.UserPrincipalName -Role $role[/indent] [indent]}[/indent] } The "Section_" is a dirty way of selecting SDS created Teams. Staff need to be an owner of those groups. Else they can just be members.
-
special
-
Its been a while, but I went the VM route. I used the drivergroup to manage drivers - whilst using a VM, this provided a clean image. You can update the WIM directly using PowerShell. I went the capture route, I had a VM that had key software installed including office. I had a resume TS button on the desktop. Hitting that started off the Windows Updates and then the capture. Then its simple case of updating the TS and WDS with the generated WIM and boot file.
-
There will likely be some properties that you can pass to the installer. Failing that, or if there are a lot of them, you can use Orca to create an MST file. Then pass that file to the TRANSFORMS parameter
